Rookie Andre Williams: Giants are the REAL NY team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This is the equivalent to comparing the Lakers to the Clippers, obviously the Giants are the pride of NY, who gives a shit, a little more down to earth than claiming your the best CB or a top 5 QB.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

your comparison isn't accurate at all.
    the Giants are not even close to being a perennial playoff club.

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

all i know is... if eli throws for more than 10 yards on us were in trouble

4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

my point was the Giants of football are historically a much better team, with multiple Superbowl trophies to back it up, so yes the comparison is correct, the same could be said in regards to the Yankees an Mets, the fact is there is no comparison

KWJetsFan likes this.
  5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I thought your post was clear and accurate. Call it red headed step-child syndrome or blame it on my Dad hating the Giants and burning it in my brain since birth, but I hate that fucking team. At the same time, look at their histories and they are clearly the Yankees to the Mets or as you said, the Lakers to the Clippers.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If we want a competitive Snoopy Bowl Rex will have to start Boyd and the Bubble Boys.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey maybe they will have a formation in the 4th quarter that has Geno in the pistol QB spot, Vick at HB and Boyd in the slot. Gotta get that Snoopy trophy so we can proudly display it in front of those despicable Giants Lombardis.

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

unfortunately I picked both , fuck my life! But I hate the Yankees an giants, but the hate could be a result of being envious of there success

KWJetsFan likes this.
  9. BacktoQueens

you guys must have a serious step-child syndrome, or a completely misguided impression of the Giants.

The Yankees have 27 titles. It's only news when they aren't competing for a title.
    The Lakers have appeared in 31 championship games, by far the most in the NBA. They are a perennial contender. The Clippers are known only for a racist owner.
    It's nothing at all like that. Your comparisons are flat out inaccurate.

The Giants are around .500 all time. They are not some 'historic' franchise, and have never been a perennial contender.
    To their credit, they've had a couple real fortunate post season outcomes (wide right, SF fumbling punt in OT, Favre INT in OT), and they've had that fortune over the Jets. But there isn't much separating these teams especially in today's NFL parity.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. BacktoQueens

Maybe Coughlin will do everything possible to push the game to OT again, risking his players to injury for the Snoopy trophy rather than just conceding the loss.

11. abyzmul

Yep, no argument. The only reason there's even a fucking trophy for this stupid shit is the owners hate each other.

The owner of the losing team should be forced to participate in the upper level vomit bucket challenge.

The winning owner should be run over by a parking lot shuttle on camera.

BacktoQueens and Hobbes3259 like this.
  12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The Vagiants?!?!?!?

13. BacktoQueens

we shouldn't be sharing a stadium, there should be no snoopy trophy, and the Jets should have established their own identity/territory in NY. i've got lots of blame for Woody on those fronts.

But Coughlin playing hard to force an OT in preseason, was shameful really. no one does that.
    go all for nothing, and try to win in regulation time. i would have been livid if a Jet got hurt in OT.

14. Hobbes3259

I recommend both owners be forced to take on a cast iron grill, in a tailgate cage match...

15. Hobbes3259

Woody?!?!? Ummm Sheldon Silver Says hello...

joe likes this.
  16. abyzmul

We're not taking about Jerry Jones here, Hobbes. Neither of those owners could ever reach your level of drunken blindness.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Oh look the players taking the Jets/Giants rivalry more seriously than I do. I guess it's good test for the Jets to stay under control and not take stupid penalties against a team they supposedly don't like.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

So they have 4 NFL Championships prior to the existence of the Super Bowl. Again, whether you like it or not, longevity is important in which franchise is more popular/important to NY. They also have 4 Super Bowl titles in 5 appearances. The Jets....well. you know. And I fucking hate the Giants. Why must I explain this to your stupid ass? They have the 3rd most SB titles of any team, and the 4th most appearances. This doesn't even count their NFL titles, but you think the Jets have been as significant? Shit, I wish. Wake up.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Giants are looking worse then the Jets so far in regards to executing plays in the preseason. They need to make more of a statement then the Jets. Of course they will start running their big ass mouths to rally everyone up.

20. abyzmul

That's a good point, the Jets in the past couple of years have been penalty magnets in this game. I'll be disappointed in Rex if he doesn't use this game as a reason to your them down and make them bite their tongues.