So... this conflict in the Gaza strip.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut) pretty good movie on Holy Wars though

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Both sides are in the wrong. It doesn't justify the huge over reaction. That's all I'm saying. It's beyond collateral damage. It is intentionally killing innocent people. Both sides are scum.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

They are only acting as their God does. Read the old testament. That God is a genocidal egotistical manaic.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Of that which we do not know, we must remain silent. ---Wittgenstein.

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I gotta say, saw it a while ago and had very high hopes for it. Was really looking forward to it, great cast, great story and I was a bit underwhelmed.

I was kind of looking for Gladiator or Braveheart meets the Crusades, so maybe my expectations were a bit too high.

Maybe it was Orlando Bloom as a bad ass.

I may have to give it another watch.

_

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Theaterical version sucks donkey balls...Ridley Scott had a video intro prior to the Director's Cut, saying this version is his true film...This truly was his film...To me its one of my favorite films of all time. It fleshes alot of the characters out and Ed Norton (The king) is more in it...Orlando Bloom is shit, but in this lengthier version he stands out as that worn out fighter, but still he is no Russell Crowe.

Hope you didnt watch the one they showed in theater, they released that in May and the studios wanted a action film.

Speaking of Holy Wars and films...Ridley coming out with Exodus starring Christian Bale as Moses and Joel Edgerton, the Aussie as the Egyption Ramses

Not bad, but I lol at seeing white people play brown people with orange tans

8. JStokes

Honestly cannot wait--it was time for a reboot.

But LOL at Jesse Pinkman playing Joshua :D

_

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I don't believe in an eye for an eye. I believe in two eyes for an eye.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Hey thanks for the tip on the directors cut. I'll have to watch it.

One of the best metal songs ever.

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him. But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you

Barcs likes this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying reeaaalllll hard to be the shepherd.

13. JStokes

In my best Irish brogue (disquising my best Scottish brogue):

Malone: You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone.

_

74 likes this.
  14. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

That's the old testament, dont you know everything changed with Jesus & the new testament. Love one another! Oh, I just opened up a can of worms!!!

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That's Deuteronomy, not Jesus, but yeah. The old testament god is pretty much a joke and it's amazing that so many people still follow passages like that as literal truth. I mean, this is a dude that drowns the entire planet in a gigantic over reaction to his own creation not following him. Considering he gave them free will in the first place, that idea is ridiculous. He also orders human sacrifice, murders an entire family and ruins a guy's life over a bet with Satan, and orders humans to kill several times for petty shit like sexual preference. Is a being like that worthy of worship? God murders or orders humans to murder way more people than any description or story about Satan ever. Who's the evil one again? They say history is written by the winners. Me thinks Lucifer was the benevolent one and tried to save humanity from this tyrannical god multiple times.

Judaism = god 1.0
    Christianity = god 2.0
    Islam = god 3.0

They are all equally stupid, but at least Jesus preached the Golden rule and empathy which is a concept that transcends most other mainstream religions. Empathy is the reason I feel bad for all of the innocent people dying, rather than blindly supporting mass murder just because they are Israel. If the neighborhood bully beats me up one day after school, I'm not going to shoot up his family and anyone who happens to be in the area. I'm going to target him and whoop that ass one day. They are both wrong, but Israel has an opportunity to show the world they are above that behavior, but the fail over and over and over again. Murdering all those innocents only adds fuel to the fire and creates more terrorists. After 40+ years of conflict, you'd think they'd realize this by now. Hamas are pieces of shit, too. They try to target innocent civilians as well and put their agenda first at the expense of innocent lives. It takes 2 sides to kill, but only one to say 'enough is enough, let's work this out'. You don't scratch a mosquito bite with a flame thrower.

Yeah I'm crazy.

#55 Barcs, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Or in Israel's case. 100 eyes for a nose hair.

#56 Barcs, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You take a swipe at one of ours we'll take a swipe at two of yours." - Rex Ryan

Brook! likes this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Totemism = religion 1.0

Pantheism = religion 2.0

Buddhism = religion 3.0

Zoroastrianism = religion 4.0
    Judaism = religion 4.1
    Christianity = religion 4.2
    Islam = religion 4.3

Atheism = end of religion

There are many offshoots under each of the main categories above. I just hit the main elements.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We need more atheism.

Barcs likes this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

With the exception of Buddhism and Confucianism all of the world's major religions are exceedingly violent at this point. Extreme violence ends religious belief faster than anything else. The reason Europe is so secular at this point is that the violence got completely out of control between WWI and the end of WWII. Religion lost it's standing under those circumstances. The violence had been building for centuries but it overflowed in the 20th.

We can't see it right now because we're too ingrained in it but Islam is probably in it's end phase due to the extreme violence that the split in the major sects has caused. It's probably in it's last few centuries of mainstream existence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.