So... this conflict in the Gaza strip.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if he had a Piper Cub?

_

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You're absolutely correct on this.

However the solution to the Palestinian problem is either going to leave Israel feeling enriched in a spiritual sense or powerful in an earthly sense. The difference between the two represents the status quo for Judaism moving forward.

It was a horrible mistake to tie Judaism to a small parcel of land in a region full of violence and anarchy in which the government is always the enemy of the common people. Every stretch into the West Bank makes the situation worse.

The powers that be really should have carved out the Jewish state in 6 of the 12 states of Germany. At least nobody would be arguing that the Germans were being persecuted through no fault of their own.

3. JStokes

Would the Jews have accepted that? To abandon the very Holy Land that their God gave to them?

I'm not so sure. It may have been expedient for the rest of the world but I don't think the Jews give up on the teachings in the Torah to get a nice chunk of Bavaria.

_

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I guess it depends on which God you believe is real, if any of them.

5. JStokes

My favorite quote on that subject:

"Religion is like a fight over who has the best imaginary friends."

_

abyzmul likes this.
  6. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

LOL I like this quote, so I googled it and it turns out Yassir Arafat said it...?

7. JStokes

Weird. I always assumed it was Steven Wright.

_

jilozzo likes this.
  8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Nobody is saying that but basically this always will be a fight between a bear and a mouse. Sure the mouse can bite and maybe draw some blood from the bear but at the end of the day the bear is much stronger, much bigger, violent and capable of inflicting much more damage than the mouse. There are two sides to this, what American media is reporting and the truth. I get my news on the Middle East from other areas and they tell a much grimmer picture than CNN or Fox. I don't take issue with Israel defending herself but I don't like that fact that this Iron Dome was bought and paid for with your and my tax dollars. What Hamas is doing is wrong, they put their citizens in harms way daily with their actions but there has to be a better way to deal with these roaches and it's not what they are doing when hundreds of women and children have been killed doing it.

Brook! likes this.
  9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I got locked in a mall in Tel Aviv because there were reports of a car bomb in the parking lot.... yes locked in. I wasn't scared but it certainly makes you appreciate what we have here. I stayed at the David Intercontinental which ironically is across the street from a mosque and a month after I was there the nightclub on the beach across another street from the hotel was bombed. There were about 20 teenagers killed from what I remember, I think most of them were Russian.

10. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

Religions, a great reason to kill one another!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Millions of biblical people can't be wrong.

I guess.

Brook! and joeuser like this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Fastest way to The Creator. So sez the pious..

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yeah, it's just a tiny bit more complex than that.

The funny thing about what you said is that most people think it's totally okay strictly because it's Israel. If the situation were completely reversed, most of those people would still support Israel, because that's how our media paints it. They'd just be called freedom fighters trying to free themselves of Palestine's oppression. Shooting rockets is bad, but when they are crappy ass home made ineffective rockets that kill virtually nobody, and the response to that is decimating an entire block of innocent people, is that really justified? That's like mowing down a man and his entire family with a machine gun because his kid shot you with a squirt gun. I just hope one day the US stops supporting BOTH countries (or states) instead of having this mega boner for Israel. Hamas is wrong, but Israel is wrong too and they have much more blood on their hands. Wasn't there this Jesus dude who lived there and said to turn the other cheek?

Is it coincidence that the so called most sacred land in the world is also the most violent? Religion is bad, mmmmkay.

Brook! likes this.
  14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I guess Israel should just accept the missiles since they're not good ones? If some shit dick country starts shooting shitty missiles at NYC I hope you feel the same way since they're just shitty missiles.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Barcs, there is nowhere to hide in Gaza. If you're going to launch attacks from there, and lobbing even fairly ineffectual rockets into civilian areas is an attack, a military response is justified and necessary, and there is going to be collateral damage. Hamas is very cynically in favor of provoking collateral damage in order to engender misplaced sympathy. From people that would never stand for such a thing if it happened to them, like you.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

So what I am hearing is that Hamas is the real problem here...They are killing much more people and are acting like the stupid aggressor.

This war is beyond stupid.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It's actually a very rational and calculated, if very cynical, strategy that benefits the power structure on both sides, by postponing the inevitable indefinitely, because neither side can deliver what they've promised their people.

Yassir Arafat went to his grave a multi billionaire. Think about that.

18. JStokes

Money loving scumbag.

_

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

That really soxxx man.

;)

20. JStokes

I used to support Holy Wars, but after hearing about how Arafat knowingly destroyed lives and entire families and made billions doing it, I can't support that, I'm sorry, and because of that I can no longer support/watch Holy Wars.

_

74 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.