Geno or Vick? Who do you think becomes starter week 1?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Apr 17, 2014.

?

Geno or Vick? Who starts week 1 of 2014 season

1. Geno

88 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. Vick

59 vote(s)
    37.6%
  3. Matt Simms?!?

10 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

And yes I know I stole Abyzmul's post. I'm sure he can find it in his blackened heart to forgive me.

abyzmul likes this.
  2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

WHo says end of discussion??? Miami was folding down the stretch. No score against Buffalo? AYFKM?

3. Big Blocker

Abysmul knows i have him on ignore, but apparently he remains obsessed with me. He adds nothing here of any value. Figures you would be an admiring sycophant of his.

You have nothing.

4. Big Blocker

The other point here is, weren't you the one who said quality of opponent means nothing? And yet here you are arguing that the fact that Miami could have gone to the playoffs with a win meant they were a good team.

Do you not see the contradiction there?

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

why do you think its less likely that he improves to be average? any specific reasons?

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Outfuckingstanding.

7. MaximusD163

I'm hardly an admiring sycophant, I debated him earlier today and he was his usual prickish self. That does not change the fact that he has a point here. You call people names all the time, including calling me an "admiring sycophant" and an asshole. The moment you get called a name, especially when you realize you don't have much to go on in a debate, you try to appeal to the board in some sort of "why can't we just follow the rules" sympathy grab. You frequently bring up "cred" but the truth is you have as little credibility on this board as anyone. You have the inability to admit when you're wrong, and fall to sarcasm to avoid admitting it.

abyzmul likes this.
  8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

At this remove, it is beyond peradventure that your failure to acknowledge the utter lack of otherwise salient points does violence to common sense, let alone the point you are arguably trying to make.

You lose. Next.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. Big Blocker

Obviously I am not the only Smith skeptic, and I agree with much of what others say. But for my own perspective, what troubles me the most about him is that pretty much all his interceptions were in situations where he did not see the defender, and should have. No tipped passes, no excuses of that sort. Related to that is that his fumbles were usually due to what looked like a lack of pocket awareness.

On the surface Smith does not seem to be, for all his problems, all that similar to Sanchez. But in regard to his reading pass D's, he is similar. And his pocket awareness is even worse than Sanchez in his rookie year.

His defenders would say those ar things he can fix, and I do think Marty got him to go shorter in his pass attempts. But I don' t think he will improve all that much, and throwing short passes is not a real solution in the long run. D's will start stacking the box more, and that sort of thing.

I could go on, but those are the main reasons.

10. Big Blocker

Selective quotes from me over a lengthy period hardly shows that I call people names "all the time".

And I realize no such thing about "not having much to go on" because your premise is incorrect. What is your F'ing point here, anyway? I didn't say why can't we all follow the rules. I said that I try to avoid namecalling because if I did not I expect I would have problems with the mods. In fact I have said it twice already today, and you have not responded to that point, instead continuing to misrepresent it.

What do you hope to achieve here with this line of attack?

11. MaximusD163

Lol nice. I'm not going to lie, I had to start over 4 times before I understood that sentence.

12. FJF

ok those are his problem, you did not give reasons why he won't improve on those problems.what about him sas he won't improve on common rookie short comings?

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LOL @ "Lengthy period of time" Those quotes were over like a 2 week span. What a turd.

14. Big Blocker

It is the EXTENT of his problems that concern me. Again, it is one thing to see a qb miss the location of a defender. But as often as Smith did? I frankly have never seen that, not even close, in an NFL Qb. And the "solution" was to run it more and rely on shorter passes. Again, i don't see that as a long term solution.

Smith will have to come to camp better able to read pass defenses. I tend to think it more likely than not that we will not see that much improvement. I could be wrong. But if I am not, then i expect the Jets to move on next off season. The Vick signing in fact shows me the CS is already hedging its bets, and not merely seeing Vick as insurance in the case of a usual backup Qb situation. It shows me they have real doubts themselves that Smith will improve enough.

15. FJF

your still not actually saying anything. you haven't given 1 reason why he won't improve. just giving the extent of the problems he had.
    i think he will improve because he has shown improvement in college from 1 year to another changing systems along the way. he has shown a good arm and athletic ability and has yet to show anything but a good work ethic.

abyzmul likes this.
  16. MaximusD163

The point of your post clearly a sympathy grab, and although you did not type the phrase "Why can't we all follow the rules?" it is pretty clear you were trying to portray that sentiment.

Ok, you said I only care about being called names on this board a tiny little eency weency little bit, not I don't care about being called names. The point is that you refuse to admit when you're wrong, and fall to personal attacks and sarcasm as you run out of anything that resembles a valid argument. You're becoming one of the worst posters on this board, perfectly exampled today as you felt the need to reply to a post of mine by saying I left out a point which I did not in fact leave out. You then argued a bunch of nonsense basically because you got butt-hurt that I called you a douche.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You actually expected an answer that included substance?

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'm a Geno skeptic as well but I completely disagree with the bold. On most of his INTs, he was late on his throws, waiting for guys to get open, throwing at WRs as oppose to the spot where they are suppose to be. A lot of the INTs IMO were a combination of poor anticipation and overconfidence in his arm. That overconfidence led to him thinking he can fit the ball in even after missing the primary window, basically writing checks that his arm couldn't cash, at least not at this level. I'm hoping that the poor anticipation he shown last year had more to do with the talent level, or lack there of, he was playing with. Maybe he was waiting because guys weren't separating fast enough. That's probably wishful thinking as that was one of the knocks against him coming out.

Altoona likes this.
  19. Big Blocker

I took issue with the notion that he would improve to become an average NFL Qb. I never said he would not improve at all. You are misreading my posts.

He was so awful last year, he has what is likely to be simply too far to improve to become average. That is what I think, said here today, and have been saying for some time.

The good arm is not worth much of your OC tells you to avoid interceptions by not throwing long. Your good arm is not worth much if you can't read defenses. Your good arm doesn't help if your pocket awareness sucks.

20. Big Blocker

Still repeating the same nonsense. You need to better craft your argument and not base it on obvious misreadings and misrepresentations. I doubt you do that the rest of today, so have a nice weekend.