What is a Jet "homer" exactly?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 14, 2014.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Meh. Picking Pryor over Dennard again is not something i have an issue with since I have no reason to believe Dennard is the better player. I also mentioned safety, consistently, as an area of need. Yes, I rate Cb as an area of need more than you since I see Rex using Cb's in man coverage as essential to the mix of sets he uses. But taht doesn't mean you should reach for a specific player in the draft. I wanted the Jets to address #2 Cb before the draft.

Now of course Dennard went at 24, so at least one other team saw him as a valued first round pick. How much should we make that he went six picks after Pryor? I wouldn't think very much. Still, from day one I did not criticize the Jets for taking Pryor over him at 18.

I also think you are dancing around the point of the Jets going Cb with their third round pick. But I don't expect you to see it the same way as I do. I specifically recall you referring to rounds lower than the third as suitable for going Cb, and you yourself said that Walls's presence is what indicated that would be appropriate. Going with the third pick for a Cb is not consistent with your original position, but I will refrain from further argument about that, since it was never my preference to rely on the draft to get a starting Cb.

Ftr, Pryor sounds like he was quite possibly the best pick available at 18, and we both agree the move upgraded the secondary, the area of the team in greatest need of help.

3. Big Blocker

More lies.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so you admit to resorting to name calling?

5. Big Blocker

Message board allies are overrated. Sooner or later your message board ally says something you disagree with. Then you either have to stab your ally in the back, or keep silent. I don't do message board alliances, as a clown like you unsurprisingly is wont to do.

And again posting here is not a popularity contest, so you've got that wrong as well. Figures you would think it is.

6. Big Blocker

What's your problem, bub? I mean what really is your problem?

You came out of nowhere yesterday to unfairly compare me to junc. I have no idea why you did that. Now you want to ally yourself with a clown like the OP of this thread. Why? What's it to you if I called him a homer?

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If I thought it was a popularity contest I would give a single shit about your opinion of me.

#67 BroadwayAaron, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  8. Big Blocker

Then why are you talking about what "everyone" else says?

You may not care what i think about your cred here. But the fact remains you have none. This whole thread is an exercise in contradiction.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'm bringing up what everyone else says because you are in serious denial. Maybe now that you understand that, you'll realize there is nothing contradictory here at all.

And let's pretend for a second that "credit" matters... why in god's name would ANYONE think you have any? All you do is spew your opinion and bash everyone else's. Again, this thread is at 4 pages, and its pretty much centered around you from post 5 on. What's that tell you?

10. abyzmul

Ah, "message board allies", forgot about that one.

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

"I loved our draft!"- Homer
    "I hated our draft!"- Hater
    "Our draft was pretty good"- Totally Insane

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Everyone in this thread who's username is not Big Blocker is a fuckin STRAWMAN!!!! End of story!!

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

For the greater success of the team, Rex will need to change up his philosophy a little bit. Cornerbacks will need to take a step back as the #1 position of need on Rex's defense. I think that is where we are gearing towards now.

McDougle, can one day become that #2 CB, but we haven't seen him play. Maybe Walls plays like crap and McDougle comes in and plays better. It's good to have options.

The bold part is correct - and I pointed at examples of drafted CBs. I saw other positions that I believed needed upgrades and the CB depth was good in the draft to wait. I have no issue with the Jets going CB in rd3 btw.

Good to see we are in agreement about something in regards to the 18th pick.

15. FJF

Not sure. I am usually pretty low key here. But you have been pretty smug of late and were due to be called out. You seriously can't be surprising this thread exists

#75 FJF, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  16. abyzmul

I'd love to fill in that blank but I don't want to lower myself to Blocker's level.

17. FJF

I edited it. Lol
    phone malfunction

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Sunshiner and darsider are better. I lean sushine, but there are some recent seasons I nearly crossed over. The darkside is a crazy, ugly place. Sunshiners are kind of metro. You got to try to walk the line.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

If someone compared you to me that would be the greatest compliment you ever received in your life. I am the one who is insulted by such a comparison.

legler82 likes this.
  20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am one of the best, if not THE best, and certainly better than you regardless of post count.