What is a Jet "homer" exactly?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 14, 2014.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LOL I can't believe he resorted to post count smack.

Sundayjack likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Remember when you said this:

That was a good one.

Either way, like I said, you are here for my enjoyment really. I rarely see you involved in an interesting debate. It's always you defending yourself after someone calls you out for saying something stupid. You don't talk football, football just so happens to be the topic of conversation while you're desperately seeking self-approval by defending your point (no matter how bad it may be) to death.

Block me if it makes you feel good. That's what you're in this for anyway, right? Luckily there are tons and tons of good posters here who bring something to the table, whether I agree with them or not. You? You just bring laughs. And I don't have to put forth any effort to pit people against you... you pit people against yourself with your horrendous posts. Like I said, there's a reason everyone has a problem with you.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We are flaunting post count around now?

Good god lol

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Now now, BB...no need to hurl aimless insults when you can just use your witty responses to crush the opposition.

I think we need a typical Byz insult in here to shake things up for comical purposes.

5. abyzmul

Too late, I scarred him emotionally a few years ago and he put me on ignore.

Sundayjack likes this.
  6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I stopped reading after you confirmed you don't care if you are called a homer. Good for you.

7. Big Blocker

First of all, posting here is not a popularity contest, even if you imply that it is. I don't care if you don't like me or my posts, but you are a first class lying $%## if you deny the purpose of this thread was to attack me and get others to agree with you.

I dont care what selective reading of my posts you have engaged in. I talk plenty of football here, and have never started a thread as a personal attack on another poster.

Your post makes no sense at all, anyway. On one hand you say I "desperately" seek approval here, and yet you say I pit everyone against me. Which is it?

You don't know which way is up.

8. BroadwayAaron

It's pretty easy to follow. You desperately, for whatever reason, insecurity in your personal life maybe, need that feeling of self-approval. In seeking it, you act like a total douche sometimes. That pits people against you. See, I did that in like, less than two lines!

This thread was not to attack you or get others to attack you. Your idiocy spawned it, for sure, but you aren't the only one who falls into the Big Blocker trap even though it's now officially named after you. In general, tossing the word "homer" around there seems like a weak weak attempt at belittling someone else's argument because you can't find a way to bolster your own. You just happen to be the biggest offender.

MaximusD163 likes this.
  9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Must not be working as he sees all of your posts apparently.

10. Big Blocker

My so-called idiocy - how exactly did that lead you to start this thread? Did it force you? Was it some kind of mind control trick?

You have no cred.

11. abyzmul

See, posting here isn't a popularity contest, it's a CRED contest. Freaking FO Homers.

Sundayjack likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I was concerned about the inside linebacker position and the safety position on defense. THAT is what I said. I again, still stand by Darrin Walls as the #2 CB. I think Walls will get the job done.

Whatever, nitpick on my little mistake on using the term "lower" over "mid" - the fact still remains, you believed the CB position was in dire need of a talent upgrade, it was a depth upgrade in reality and I am glad we didn't address it in the first round.

Good we are done talking about Walls then, they resigned him he's back and he is in competition for the #2 spot. Glad to see we have a FS that can lower the boom and help us on the back-end.

LOL - I am a realist, not a homer. No one should be content with an 8-8 record, but it was clear to see the team is going in the right directions. I did not overvalue the team, it's a fact that you over-value the corner-back position, believing that a #2 CB is more important then a blue chip prospect at FS. You believed there's no other way to improve the defense.

I also believe players improve [Geno, Milliner for example].

You need to check yourself with that - that's your problem not mine. There are ways to improve the defense outside of the CB position - I stated that before and I am correct now - this was confirmed when the Jets selected Pyror over Dennard.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Holy shit. How did moproblems get bb to resort to name calling?
    that never happens

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

junc would be the best poster on this board then

15. BroadwayAaron

I can't even begin to explain how much I care about your thoughts on my credibility.

You didn't hear? He never results to name-calling! Oh no sorry, he tries to keep name-calling to a minimum. Which is even sadder... that means he gets SO worked up that he has to breeze past his "I have nothing logical to say so I'm calling you a homer" tactic and go straight to his "I REALLY have nothing to say so I'm gonna burst through my own personal restraints and call you a name like a 4th grader".

16. abyzmul

#56 abyzmul, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

so it's settled, Big Blocker is a pom-pom waving homer, obviously.

18. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Stating a fact with a sarcastic undertone doesn't make it untrue. It's a sad defense mechanism for when you have absolutely no legitimate response.

I admit when I make a mistake on this board, I always have. I don't happen to make a lot of mistakes since I generally take the time to research things before I post on them. Whether or not you have valid arguments versus other posters I won't even comment on. But even though it pains you to admit it, the only reason you have nothing better than sarcasm to reply with is because I am not usually wrong, and even you can't refer to me as a homer without knowing you're full of shit.

19. BroadwayAaron

This Big Blocker kid STILL doesn't realize that everyone is saying the exact same things about him. After a while, you have to realize it's not coincidence... right?

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member