Someone justify the Boyd pick.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MexicanJet, May 10, 2014.

1. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Because we don't want any white QBs on this team. Rex and Idzik are racists.

TNJet and 74 like this.
  2. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

Racist much?

3. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

So your basing your opinion on 1 game toward the end of the season with NO PRIOR practice with the 1st squad the ENTIRE year until mid week before the game... okay, real intelligent post :///

If you're being that critical then how on earth can you even stomach the way the genome played ???

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Excellent post. Boyd has talent. He plays well in big games. He didn't do well at the Sr. Bowl or Combine, but played well at Clemson for at least 2 years and maybe more. He is a player much in the same vein as Geno and Vick. He's mobile, has a strong arm, can hurt you with his feet. If he pans out, the Jets won't have to change their offense if/when the backup comes in. That's important.

ukjetsfan, LIJetsFan and Red Menace like this.
  5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I think some of you really believe that every pick we make must be a Rex pick. It's a Clemson guy? Must be a Rex pick. He plays defense? Must be a Rex pick. He has a high motor? Well you get the idea.

6. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

So mentioning color is now considered "racist"? uhm... okay keep living in your little "woe is me" bubble.

7. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Rex admitted it in the presser so.......

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He was not picked in the first round, we were asked to justify a 6th round pick, so I did.

I watched a lot of Clemsons games, for some reason they always televised them in Fairfield CT, anyway, my point is that I saw him play a lot and you are exaggerating how he accumulated yards.

He actually dropped back a lot and read coverage, did it help that he had SM? Yes, but for a 6th rounder, I like it.

I would have preferred mettenberger but the jets had their board.

Honestly I'm just happy that the days of trading away picks are gone, this team would not be so far behind the eight ball in regards to depth and skill players if we kept all our picks and used them properly during the MT era.

So I'm going to sit back and enjoy my spring and summer and get ready for a great year of football.

xxedge72x likes this.
  9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wow..get over it, that was a favor pick..nothing more or less.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. TGG should do more research on Boyd he is no slouch and will be a big surprise. CBS rated this pick a A- for the Jets and only Mettenburger, Manziel, and Bortles had A's.

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He admitted that he struggled his first year with turnovers, he tried to make plays when there where none to be made, but he also took it upon himself to improve and he did, his last 2 years were very good.

12. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

He didn't even get drafted.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Exactly. "6th round"

Back off the ledge people. He was a 6th round conditional selection.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Ok. I overreacted. It's a 6th. He's had a great college career. He fell to the 6th for a reason though. It's more that I'm pissed that we didn't draft Campanaro and I would have preferred Shaw if we were gonna take a QB there.

15. NCJetsfan

Exactly. Shaw is a competitor, smart, great character and work ethic, but very limited athletically/physically. It's an absolute joke that anyone would say he is better than Boyd.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. NYJetsO12

Good post. He is a very good QB and I bet Clemson won most of the games you saw. Guy is extremely physical and needs a bit polishing to prove critics wrong. He has been compared to Russel Wilson, so I hope this means we are closer to a SB lol. More players on Jets with things to prove, which is a good thing for the team.

17. Lindy17

Lindy17 New Member

It's not anywhere close to an absolute joke. Boyd was in a gimmicky offense. Watch the film. If his first read was not on, he didn't have a chance and ran into trouble. He through wr screen after wr screen. Shaw is athletic and the talk is he could even play slot receiver coming out. That's what he played on his high school team. The kid is fast too. Not saying Shaw is def better but to say he is not athletic and way worse than Boyd is rediculous. Plus Shaw was 3-0 against Boyd. Boyd dropped bc he can't go through his reads and gets flustered under pressure. If he can fix that great, but that's what he is.

74 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

I disagree. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I saw Clemson play a LOT and SC quite a few times. IMO the two aren't even close.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

They needed a 4th Qb for training camp. It's worth taking a chance to see what he has. The guy was a very good college Qb and a leader. His biggest career problem: ever getting a chance to play. If he did he could probably do decently and maybe surprise people. He's here though as no surprise. It was rumored that Rex likes the kid (his son was a teammate of Boyd at Clemson). The Jets had plenty of picks and there weren't many Qbs left on the board at 6. It's not the most professional way to choose a player.

20. NYJetsO12

If watch some Clemson games they did not run the Wildcat lol. Boyd can drop back and throw some very accurate passes. You should watch some game videos before you come to this conclusion.

#60 NYJetsO12, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014