Welcome to the Jets, Dexter McDougle CB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, May 9, 2014.

1. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Two notes on him from reading/watching stuff on the net:

1) He's half asian. For whatever reason that (asian lineage) always is interesting to me when it comes to NFL players.

2) He gets his head around on just about every pass thrown at him. It's like a revelation watching him after what we've been through with Cro/Kyle the past couple of seasons.

2. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

This guy had 3 INT in 3 games before he went down for the season.

Clearly Rex and co liked him a lot, and I trust Rex mostly when it comes to defense. Even though I wanted Desir or Breeland as our CB selection.

3. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

We have a pretty damn good receiver in Kerley, one of the top 2 receivers in FA in Decker, and one of the top 2 receiving top 2 receiving TE's in the draft. Oh yea and we still have 9 picks left in the deepest WR draft in recent memory.

Y'all some whiny bitches.

Jets69 likes this.
  4. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

is he now?

that is a bit of a rarity oddly enough.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

My post contained sarcasm.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Teach me how to mcdougle?

7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Dexter McDougle, Human?

8. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Welcome to the squad...now bring me interceptions!

9. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

We have players who can add some fu-cking points. Johnson, Ivory, Dekker and for those roaring about wr's we got one he just masquerade's as a TE. Amaro is a slot receiver in everything but name. There is no point in shouting for wr's if the ball is rarely going to be in the air, we are ground and pound accept it and move on. The internet is full of praise for a seattle secondary that most believe won them a superbowl. 2 very very good corners and 2 killer safties. Well maybe just maybe the jets have put the same in place milliner and mc dougle at cb with allen and pryor at safety, that may be viewed in years to come as the reason the jets won the championship. I know its a reach but im happy to go with it for the moment

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Jets seem to love CBs that can't stay on the field..must be the new CB way, you can't get beat if you can't play. Maybe between him and Patterson we get one of them playing each week.

11. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

imo this was a bit of a reach but the depth at corner is good and competition mantra keeps alive. I just dont think this guy was in other teams radar so it could have waited till the 3º overall pick in the 4th but who knows.

12. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Idzik was not on the Jets when Hill was picked

13. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Rex did pick Kyle Wilson also

Jets69 likes this.
  14. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

When I saw this pick, I was pretty surprised, so I was curious about Rex's history of drafting defensive players, so I went back and checked. Every single defensive player drafted during the Ryan era is still on the roster, granted there weren't that many because Tannenbaum traded away a lot of picks, but its still surprising. The only one that can be called a disappointment is Kyle Wilson, but he was a late first round pick and is a pretty good nickel back. Maybe shouldn't have been a 1st round pick, but certainly OK for a 2nd (and late in the 1st he was nearly a 2nd) or 3rd round pick. He also did OK when Revis was out for the season and played well as the other starting CB. If they put him opposite Millner it'll be interesting to see how he does as one of the starting CBs.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You have absolutely no clue whether or not he was on other teams' radar. I don't know one way or the other, either.

16. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

This may come as a shock to some of you so brace yourselves. Just because your 7 dollar draft magazine doesn't rank a player where the jets draft him doesn't mean the jets didn't get value with pick. That means your little draft mag might be wrong... The horror!

Pats signed guy at end of first in same scenario. I'd much rather gamble (if it even is a gamble) in the third rnd. Kid might have been last corner on their board with starting grade.

Cakes likes this.
  17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You are correct. I hate the type of thing you are talking about there. Half the players selected in round 1 will suck in the NFL and all the magazines and draft experts will be wrong. Going ape shit because the Jets took McDougle in round 3 is a waste of time.

Tannetits is gone. The Debbie Downer Jets fans need to have faith in Idzik, the scouts and the coaches right now. These fans also need to have some drinks today and maybe get laid and just calm down. No team is going to nail all of their draft choices this weekend.

joe and ncjetfan like this.
  18. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i am not a fan of this pick in this spot

moncrief would have been great value there, now the third tier of WRs are all off of the board ... we could have picked mcdougle with on of the fourths, especially considering we have an early fourth via tampa

i don't think he was the bpa or good value

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

There are still a bunch of receivers with potential. Herron, Hazel, Janis, Abbrederis, Ellington, Bryant, Gallon, Davis, etc.

Amaro is effectively a receiver, so, to me, it was not a mistake to take a cornerback over a wide receiver in round 3.

20. Windeos

Windeos Member

I would just love to know how all our fortune tellers know that McDougle would've been available in the later rounds, can I have next week lotto numbers while your at it, thanks!!

The Jets evaluated this guy and decided he was worth our 3rd round pick. I'm not sure about you but I'm going to give our scouting department and front office some slack and maybe just say they are better qualified than anyone on here to decide where to select someone.

We have the most picks of any team for the rest of the draft. I'm looking forward to seeing who we end up with.

Altoona, Jets69 and Cakes like this.