Case for drafting secondary early

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreenBlues, Apr 21, 2014.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Why is that?

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, if Blue really thinks those who disagree with him do so because they are emotionally unstable, he may well have thought my post that his positions had to do with penis size was a serious one.

Something tells me the concept of comedy around Blue's house must be... interesting.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I could see him having a really good year which would bump up his price. But right now I think 3 or 4 years at 10 mill is reasonable for Wilson.

4. Big Blocker

At this point, what a difference a couple of months can make. I was initially all for going wideout and OL with the top picks. Maybe some other positions on O if a BPA really fell to the Jets. But at this point their problems going forward can probably be best served if Dennard falls to 18th.

Depending on a trade to solve the situation is a very risky business.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I didn't call you any names, I said you were a hysteric. that is a description of your personality based on your behavior. you should probably should avoid the comprehension claims if you are making that mistake.

6. Big Blocker

That sounds a bit high for a starting cb, but I don't have the facts at my fingertips.

7. MaximusD163

I haven't noticed, as I haven't gone through this thread in days. I was not speaking about anything Blue said. I happened to open this thread and read this post:

Whether or not Blue has participated in excessive name calling or anything ban-worthy I don't have a damn clue, but either way this is one of the dumbest posts I've read on this board.

8. Big Blocker

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

considering how irrational your arguments have been in regards to the Jets not signing Cromartie, the penis size rant was simply in-line with that same lack of rationale. it is hard to argue that one should be identified as a joke and the other as serious when they are both equally ridiculous. both merely reveal a ridiculous perspective on your part.

10. Big Blocker

Ah, sometimes context is everything. But you can be sure given the great respect I have for you and your posts that I will take your very constructive and fair criticism to mind, mend my ways, and most of all hope to become much more like the great poster you are.

11. The 1985er

We don't need to draft a CB in round 1. We already have a few solid CB's on the roster already. They could draft a guy in the early to mid rounds to add depth. I want a receiver in the first round. But if we don't get a receiver then I hope it's a FS, OLB, or O line. CB is not that big of a need to draft a CB in the first round for the 2nd year in a row.

12. The 1985er

A 10 million dollar contract over 3 or 4 years is too high?

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

14. Big Blocker

Your cred is in the toilet here because you think you can establish that someone else's post is irrational by calling the poster hysterical.

15. Big Blocker

I don't know what other nickel Cb's are making in their second contracts, to be frank.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This may be a bigger melt down than when Blocker had his necrophiliac thread deleted.

17. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

You are taking this stuff too personally, guys. Take a deep breath, and try to remember that in the history of the Internet, no one has ever won an argument. :) So just state your point of view, and then there is no reason to insult each other for 10 pages. It's ok to have different opinions.

As far as our picks, seems like the Lions and Steelers are two teams ahead of us in the first round who are likely to snag secondary players (Gilbert, Dennard and/or Clinton-Dix). On the other hand, many seem to think those two corners aren't great prospects, so maybe we are better off picking up some of the others (Fuller, Roby, etc) later on. I would personally like to see us go secondary in 2 of the first 3 rounds.

Brook! likes this.
  18. Big Blocker

Lemme see here. My recollection of Blue's first instance of calling me a hysteric on this thread was post 224, where he quoted my post at 221, which read as follows:

To be clear while I understand the utility of carrying over cap space, I don't think it is such a great benefit that would outweigh the corrosive effect of tanking a season just to build up that cap space. Connected to that is that tons of cap space is only a benefit if it is well spent, and you can't count on spending a ton of cap space effectively in a single FA season.

That post clearly quoted Mezzavo's previous post, as follows:

VERY WELL SAID Blocker!!!
    And I doubly agree...it IS a culture. We may not be the 49'ers or Steelers but we aren't the Lions either. Outside the the 2011/12 seasons the Jets have been a pretty decent football team over the last decade/decade and a half. I'll take it over the 80's/90's!!! It starts in that building and continues year to year...and ends up on that field. Every year it's done in steps....as you said...you have to be good before you can be great. FANTASTIC post!

Now, in either of those two posts do you see mention made of NE signing Revis? Nope. Just a general discussion on the inadvisability of letting the coming season slide in order to build up cap space for later seasons.

Then comes ole Master of Comprehension Blue to say at 224 "not signing Revis for one season does not equate to tanking the season. "

He goes on to say in 224

"if you want to be a hysteric and take that position that is your call."

And now Blue feels put upon for me to question his comprehension skills.

Rough few days for Blue.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm not sure about that. We were 22nd against the pass last year and now we don't have Cromartie. Some may jump in to say that will make us better, it won't.

20. MaximusD163

Sarcasm, I get it. No doubt "hysterical" is not the ideal word. Yes, our debates have become heated in the past, but I believe that your side of debates tend to lean towards close-mindedness in some regards. I would not say you have no football knowledge, or that you can't make a logical post to make a point. What I would say is that when faced with logical posts that prove a point of yours wrong, you seem to ignore them/turn to sarcasm as a defense mechanism.