Case for drafting secondary early

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreenBlues, Apr 21, 2014.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Probably from people that watched his snaps without their head up their...

2. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I still think they are going to trade down and go for volume. A DB and a good receiver should be available if they switch with Cleveland or another club below them. On second thought, just have the damn draft already.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you don't have to say it explicitly, it is the only meaning your position can entail. you have argued he must be worth that amount because Arizona gave it to him and used that as the reasoning to defend your criticism of the Jets for not signing him. Cromartie must be a good player worth what he signed for simply because the Cardinals signed him for that amount, therefor the Jets made a mistake in not signing him. That was your argument. Are you really going to claim your position about him being a good player and worth signing simply because the Cards signed him, and thus the Jets should have signed him, is is absent of the monetary compensation he signed for? that's ludicrous. any discussion of whether a player should be signed hinges on how much you have to pay him and whether he is worth that amount.

for an argument to be rational and logical the elements of the argument must be able to be used in similar arguments to see if you get a consistent answer. consistency reveals you must also feel the same way about the Redskins signing Albert Haynesworth and how it reflects upon the Titans. If you do otherwise you are admitting you are inconsistent in how you apply your argument, are illogical in your argument, and I think that illogical argument in conjunction with your irrational reasoning is likely due to hysteria.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I htink the illogic in your argument is probably due to your small penis.

5. abyzmul

Looks like we're getting ourselves a good old fashioned elitist meltdown on a sunny Monday morning.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He did a good job breaking to the ball. The only knock I have with him is his butterfingers. He could've had 2 INT's in the Falcons game, but outside of that he's solid.

#306 The 1985er, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. JetBlue

you are completely falling apart. this is good stuff.

care to address the argument now? or shall we consider this ad hominem your admittance that you can't?

8. Big Blocker

You may not be aware of this, but there is much talk elsewhere that the Jets will be well served to go high pick at Cb. What are those people not seeing in Walls?

I kept wanting him to step up last year. I was very unhappy with Milliner early, and thought "wouldn't it be great if Walls could get it done?" He really didn't. The Jets had to keep playing Cromartie, who was hurt.

I am not saying Walls is awful. He is what he is, a backup Cb. But you don't want him starting and playing in man coverage.

9. Big Blocker

You can't make an argument without making personal insults. When I mocked you and respond in kind, you completely miss the point.

So, how much of your point of view is infected by the fact you have a small penis? All of it, or merely most of it?

10. The 1985er

I'm 100% certain that they will take a CB in the draft. When is a mystery, but we have a few solid guys on the roster that could seize the opportunity. Walls could take a huge step up in year 4. And Wilson has developed into a really good nickle CB and was solid the year Revis got hurt playing on the outside.

11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Man even with your incredibly flawed arguments while we were debating, it never got this bad.

Competition has been Idzik's mantra from the get go, whoever we draft will be competing with Darrin Walls and Ras-I Dowling. Idzik relied on competition to get players to preform at their best last year, and he will do it again. As I told you when we debated previously, the Jets went into the 2013 draft with Cro and Wilson as their top CBs. Most thought Milliner would be gone by the 9th pick, and if he had been? They would have picked a CB at some point later in the draft and he would have competed to start. The Jets were not counting on taking a top 10 CB last year just as they are not counting on taking a top 20 CB this year, although you can bet your ass they will draft one at some point.

And honestly, the fact that this thread has turned into penis size insults is really ban-worthy in my opinion. It's up the mods, but I think it genuinely reduces the quality of discussion on this board to a pitiful degree.

The 1985er likes this.
  12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I am sure they will take one too but don't be surprised if they trade for the eventual starter at some point before the season begins.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree, the CB position we do need to upgrade the depth (which essentially increases level of competition), but the Jets do not have to take one high if they do not want to. This is about the BPA and how they make our team a better team, not fill a need.

Glad to see people believe Wall has the talent to start, if he can clean up a few of the mistakes he made last season, he can be a #2 CB, with Wilson as our #3.

The 1985er likes this.
  14. JetBlue

you were mocking me? I hate to break this to you, but when people can't tell the difference between your serious posts and the posts where you are attempting to mock somebody it doesn't bode well for the quality of your posts.

15. The 1985er

I could see this happening if none of the guys impress the coaching staff.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Shouldn't all talk of penis's be in the badminton forum?

_

17. abyzmul

I think you just may have lost some cred.

18. Big Blocker

Thanks for sharing that you think I should be banned. I feel the same way about you, and have for some time. Your opinions are worthless.

Blue has been calling me names for days now. Perhaps you have not noticed. Or have no problem with that when it's someone who more or less shares you POV. Which is another thing not to Blue's credit, as if the list is not long enough already.

So, the Jets were not counting on picking Milliner at 9 last year? This is the kind of worthless bloviating that can be expected of you.

anyway and for other posters here, where the Jets pick a Cb is very much the issue. I say this because the lower one goes in teh draft, the less quality there is, more or less. Even if one retains the caveat that it is a question of likelihood, the consideration remains that IF as I think the Jets need to upgrade one corner position to starting level quality, they will best be positioned to fill that need with a higher pick.

19. Big Blocker

I continue to think Wilson underperforms his draft status. But I also acknowledge he is a serviceable nickel back. What happens to him when his contract expires, though, is an open question, as I think the Jets will not want to give him big money, meaning equivalent to what average starting Cb's make. something less than that. But will Wilson and his agents agree?

20. Big Blocker

Fixed it for you.