How far could Teddy Bridgewater slip?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Br4d, Jan 24, 2014.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I just answered the "why " his performance in college. You may not have thought he was that good. But the general consensus was that he was the best QB in college throughout the 2012 season.

So considering that the NFL is a passing league, automatically you'd think that the best QB from the previous college year would garner some 1st round consideration or is that farfetched?

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Of course that is the Cowboys who had Nassib and Barkley ranked above Smith and Manual as a 4th rounder.

Oops..just saw you noticed the same thing while I was looking at that myself.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

BY WHOM?!? You keep repeating the same BS. The guy dropped of the Heisman watch by about week 4. He threw for 1000 yards against James Madison--who knew James Madison even played football? He threw shovel passes and screens to Tavon Austin that went for 99 yard TDs. Yet, because of that you think he was the best QB in college football?

Too too funny.

If he was a first round talent at the most important position in all of sports, he would have been drafted in the first round.

_

4. JStokes

I didn't see Manuel.

But it's exactly my point, there isnt a prognosticator or a blogger or a Kiper or McShay or ANY TGGer that has any clue what individual players were graded by the REAL NFL.

We're all just GUESSING here guys.

Yet dudes here will continue to whine "but he was the number 1 pick in the draft" or "he was the highest rated QB" or "he was graded a first rounder" because it was repeated ad nauseum by the media and draft gurus.

Use some common sense.

_

5. JStokes

And again, being the best QB to come out for that 2012 draft means as much as being the skinniest girl at the fat farm.

We got huge value at 39. Why do you need to convince yourself of anything more than that?

And btw, he wasn't NEAR the best QB in college football that year.

_

6. The 1985er

Now this is why I say you're hedging your bets. If I pull up rankings you'd probably dismiss it. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean it wasn't true. And he had good games against ranked teams as well so cut it out.

7. Don

They had him at 75 and I spelled it just like Jerry Jones did..haha.

8. The 1985er

Okay is there a website I can go to, to see where "real NFL GM's " ranked Geno as opposed to what McShay was saying? I'd concede your point if I can see what every team ranked Geno during the 2012 college season compared to after the season leading up to the draft.

9. Don

Of course not, that pic of the Cowboy's board was a leak that came out just before or just after the draft last year..I think it was after but don't remember for sure.

10. The 1985er

It's far too early to judge the '13 draft. Give it another year or 2.

You say we got "value" but how do you rate the value if you're saying where he was drafted was the right spot?

Buying a 2014 Bentley for 15k is value. Because we know what the price of the vehicle is and it's worth.

11. JStokes

You can't that's the point. YOU keep saying he was "the top this" or "the top that"--it's sophistry--it doesn't exist. But you keep believing what you want to.

I can keep explaining it to you, I just can't understand it for you too.

Again with the stupidity. There is a blue book on cars--there are also 50 of them listed in car auctions--and they are sold in Bentley showrooms--you KNOW the price to a certitude. A 2014 Bently goes for $300K because THAT'S what they sell for.

There aren't 50 Geno Smiths for sale with a sticker price on his window. Stop being a child and come up with better analogies.

And I judged this class BEFORE they started playing. But you know what, they were all guesses and I might have guessed right on some and guessed wrong on others. But there aren't 2 QBs out of that draft IMHO who are going to be worth anything. And maybe we got one of them

_

12. The 1985er

Because he was the top rated QB lol. I can back up that statement with rankings from reputable sources and stats. But I guess since YOU didn't think he was good that meant it wasn't true.

When Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Sam Bradford and Matthew Stafford were rated as the top QB I guess Todd McShay, and Mel Kiper Espn and football fans were just making stuff up right?

Like I said you've hedged your bets. No one can prove where Geno was truly ranked by actual NFL scouts/GM's from the beginning of the college season through the draft. But you can say that the media and fans made stuff up about Geno's ability and since Geno fell that meant that at no point Geno was ever considered a top prospect.

But history is against your asinine claims.

1. It really isn't that serious my car logic is to simply give an example of how value works. If you think Geno was drafted at the right spot then there was no value. If we draft a player in the 2nd round that's projected to be there when we're on the clock then we didn't get value. Drafting a projected early 2nd round pick in the middle of the 3rd round is value.

2. You don't know one way or the other how the careers of the QB's may turn out. EJ, Geno and Glennon might turn out to be solid starters/franchise QB's. A guy like Nassib might develop into a solid QB down the road.

13. JStokes

Big Blocker was right, you're nothing but crybaby.

Who really doesn't know much about football.

Find me ONE NFL source that shows he was a first round pick.

And I'll show you TWO legit (well, 3 counting the Cowboys) NFL sources who thought otherwise. Go ahead, I'll give you till tomorrow, out to dinner tonite.

You really are one of the most confused posters on this board--you really don't understand what you're saying half the time and you don't understand anything I'm saying.

_

14. The 1985er

Define "source"

And this post is ironic.

15. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Cowboys are a bad example because they already had a starting QB. If they were willing to take one of those guys in the second, they liked them.

I still can't believe they got Williams where they did.

16. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

As I said for a year now, Teddy B is the definition of a bust.

- terrible college competition
    - epic fail pro day
    - retarded

How any GM would consider him a franchise QB at this point is mind boggling.

17. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i can't tell if i'm supposed to take your post seriously when you use "retarded" as a reason he will be a bust

18. JStokes

So you've got nothing. Other than your Athlon Draft Guides, your CBS Sportsline Draft site, your Nawroki Draft newsletter, your ESPN draft insider, your nerd draftnik blogs, no real NFL draft board.

Because they've never been made public. Ever. That's the real NFL.

But you still choose to believe your silly little magazine draft publications, internet articles, blogs, made up hordeshit. Like it's gospel.

And you refuse to believe what happens in the real world.

So confused. Makes me weepz for the children.

_

19. The 1985er

Lol I guess my "24 hours" are up.

20. JStokes

Typical response from a child.

Bedtime little one.

_