NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

One more thing..is there a defenseman that scores more goals coming off the bench on a change like Girardi? Remember the one last year....same exact play.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

haha this is so true. Nash is the only guy who took a shot on Mason also, from like 50 feet away just because...

They were saying not to take a shot on him.

“@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR #PHI Carcillo on fans booing him while injured: "Nothing surprises me about this city and the way people act."”

3. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Did Katie tweet about the shoes she wore to the game?

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Giroux just guaranteed victory Friday night.

"We’ll be ready for Game 4. We’re going to tie up the series and go back to New York." -Claude Giroux

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Carl Hagelin: enforcer/goon

Nice going ref.

6. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Carcillo has more goals then Giroux.

7. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

He looked like he was going to shit him self haha.

8. jaywayne12

If im the league looking at the refs in this game...and Im not into ref bashing, I would suspend the ref who was standing right next to Hags while he was being wailed on. How does that guy not get 5 minutes for fighting? Ok..give them both 2 minutes for roughing but how does this guy not get a fighting major alone? Then Carcillo skates away from the scrum and pushes the Messier wannabe Giroux and gets 2 minutes and the Rangers end up being shorthanded?

This is one of the worst ref jobs in a series I have ever seen...ever. How did the miss the shot to Carcillo? How many embellishment calls were made during the year? Not really thinking the Flyers have played that dirty or over the top this series at all but in todays NHL? I have no idea where these calls are coming from. The Hags even up call with Voracek is one of the worst calls I have ever seen this year.

So now its Mason....loved the idea of not going after him except for Nash getting his 143rd shot on net in this series from center ice. Giroux predicting victory adds a little spice too for Friday.

Rangers getting 2 noon Sunday starts at home smells also. That is flat out stupid by the league.

9. HackettSuxTNG

Nash definitely made less of a fool of himself in his one fight than Hagelin did.

How about some props to Brian Boyle, one of our favorite targets? That guy was all over the ice last night!

10. jaywayne12

Have to admit...this guy is perhaps one of the best penalty killers in the NHL. He has really become a force on the PK. Agreed totally, he was a beast out there all game long. The touch pass to Carcillo was perfect.

He is just a very good PK/defensive forward and making a difference. No problem for me eating crow for him because he is a good guy too...very happy for him.

11. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

How about Marty St. Filthy coming alive for the playoffs.

12. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

[quote="Rangers getting 2 noon Sunday starts at home smells also. That is flat out stupid by the league.[/quote]

Not really. Makes a lot of sense to have the biggest media market on display for their crown jewel national time slot on Sunday afternoon. And Rangers-Flyers sells well. Both teams play a lot of NBC Sunday games in the regular season, I'm not overly surprised. Plus, the East only has 3 series to choose from, and only Boston-Detroit is really comparable in marketing.

13. jaywayne12

[/quote]Not really. Makes a lot of sense to have the biggest media market on display for their crown jewel national time slot on Sunday afternoon. And Rangers-Flyers sells well. Both teams play a lot of NBC Sunday games in the regular season, I'm not overly surprised. Plus, the East only has 3 series to choose from, and only Boston-Detroit is really comparable in marketing.[/quote]

But noon? Why so early? From what I heard and I know it was Easter but the crowd was horrible on Sunday...Sunday starts and early Sunday starts? I wonder how much that has to do with a more somber crowd.

14. HackettSuxTNG

Post Season Stats:

St. Louis 4 Games 2G 3A 5 PTS Tied for 4th in the NHL
    Callahan 4 Games 0G 0A 0 PTS - Tee Time 9:30 AM

15. matt robinson 17

Get over it already, I hope MSL scores 50 goals this series...LGR!!!

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

tremendous job from Carcillo last night. very gutsy and inspired..

now lets get JT Miller out there too. Dorsett not contributing much.

17. HackettSuxTNG

Lundqvist - 2-1 1.67 GAA and .930 SV%

18. matt robinson 17

Doorstop has a lot of heart, but they throw him around like a rag doll

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Good stats but I thought he was playing a little scared last night in the second, jumping on pucks early and not getting set. Game 1 was also NYR domination and he had the night off. We haven't seen much of his best at all this series

20. jaywayne12

His stats this series are equal to teams Rangers play during the season with the Rangers getting a useless 18 shots on net in the second period and end up with 32 saves and nothing real special. He played as good as he needed..the one goal he gave up was impossible and did what he needed to do. Stats? lol...give me a break. He has not stood on his head yet and will need to do so if and when we get past this team.

HL has had plenty to bitch about the past few years as a sitting target against a barrage of shots...but not the end of this season...and surely not this series. You can count on one hand the times announcers have said great save in the first 3 games.