NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

They relaxed after going up 2 goals...

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Alright, I avoid this thread because I can't talk hockey like the rest of you, so this might be stupid question:

The Rangers were getting a lot of cross ice, deep passes for probably the last two periods of the first game and the first period of the second game. They were able to skate the puck past the blue line consistently and go from there instead if chipping or dumping. Did the Flyers defense adjust at all to limit the Rangers, or was it just sloppy passing and a poor Rangers defense that led to Flyers taking control of the game?

Also, did Emery start playing better? It seemed that way as the game progressed but I wasn't sure if it was him playing better or the Rangers just not getting great chances

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Emery started playing better, Rangers stood around looking at the net and not shooting on goal when they had 6 powerplays (wow)...And lastly, they were playing sloppy on the pass after they went up 2-0, they let the Flyers push them around with the forechecking

displacedfan likes this.
  4. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

when you have your skates on their neck, swipe the jugular and keep the gas pedal down,

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

one more thing..that number 12 guy..fast phast...what the hell is his name. I hear the reason we play him is that he is smart? Can someone explain to me why we shouldn't be playing the back up goaltender on the third line instead of this guy?

Get J T Miller on the ice...please...maybe he is nuts..maybe he is lazy...but at least he knows when we have the puck and when we do not..play the kid.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree Jay, he offers nothing, put Miller back in, we miss Kreider's size, strength and speed, I would play Stu Bickel on the 4th line, he can play as bad as Dorsett and he can knock out Simmonds, he's done it before....rather see a 6'4" guy, as opposed to a midget protecting his teammates

7. matt robinson 17

Emery played better, the stretch passes weren't connecting like in the 1st game Flyers were expecting them

displacedfan likes this.
  8. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Can we please stop with this crap that Ray Emery is the second coming of Ken Dryden? I had to deal with this crap last year with Holtby too. It's a LOT easier to make 30 saves when they are all being targeted at the symbol on your chest. Not ONCE did Emery make a single save that was even replay-worthy.

Emery did not beat the Rangers. The Rangers failed to beat Emery.

#12288 HackettSuxTNG, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  9. HackettSuxTNG

Katie Strang is proof that being female is 50% of the qualifications of being a sports reporter today.

10. matt robinson 17

Really earth shattering commentary by her, on the Ranger pregame show on espn radio sunday she predicted the flyers would win...what a surprise she covers the devils and islanders...dumb bitch

11. matt robinson 17

Ray Emery is hot garbage

12. jaywayne12

I totally agree with t his. Totally....but he did make some big saves. I would say he made 4 or 5 strong saves. Emery sucks and the Rangers are probably going against the worst goalie in the playoffs right now. Still, he was better.

HL needs a monster game in the next 2. If not tonight the next one. He needs to steal one. Period.

13. HackettSuxTNG

This is a "Reporter" who dedicated several paragraphs in her column about what outfits she would be wearing to the Stadium Series. I mean, come on!

14. HackettSuxTNG

Find ONE on Youtube.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I agree, there were a couple of occassions where a nicely laid pass deserved a "one-timer." I forget who it was, but once during the 3rd period that delay took away the shooter's angle (got too "deep" that is, too close to the side of the goal) and allowed Emery to simply close off the short side. They had their chances and if they had knotted it at 3-3 I felt sure the momentum would've really snowballed, again, it's not like they were shut down altogether. Stating the obvious, they didn't bury their chances. And that #6?.....whew, sloppy, sloppy game.

And Matt, I was thinking the same thing, esp. down the stretch Sunday - man they could use Kreider.

16. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Watch, if Emery gets shelled tonight, Mason will start Friday. I agree with most of you, Emery did not beat the Rangers, they beat them selfs. This guy is totally beatable. Rangers need to take the cheesesteak crowed out of the game early, Philly will have 8-10 Penelties in the game, we need to make them pay.

17. jaywayne12

Emery? You do not think he made several really good saves? I agree his chest is black and blue...this season when the Rangers have 18 shots on net in a period has been a joke...but the guy played much better and several times he even moved sideways and made good saves.

18. jaywayne12

and hack...quote the whole post bud. I mentioned several times Emery is the worst goalie probably in the playoffs. You guys can defend HL all you want. He has had an easy series so far for the most part..and its 1-1. You tube his great saves for this series.

19. matt robinson 17

Pat Leonard‏@PLeonardNYDN41m
    Vigneault won't reveal lineup but looks like Carcillo is in for Fasth

20. HackettSuxTNG

Another idiot reported who wanted Anton Strahlman on the power play.