NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

We got them right where we want them they have the home ice...

2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

My feedback from Game 2 is almost identical to game 1: The Rangers need to convert on the many power play chances they will continue to receive. In addition, Anton Strahlman and Jon Moore are playing some of the worst hockey I have ever seen.

3. matt robinson 17

Always the hard way, would have loved to win this in 5, but that isn't happening....wear us out if we go further...

4. matt robinson 17

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Jonny...in the days past, you would be correct. IF that game had been played a decade ago, it would be girls against girls. Not in todays NHL. I do not think I used the term goon...but stupid. They did the same thing yesterday but were bailed out by the now famous faking calls. So now the Rangers are faking?

The cross check by that piece of shit Simmons was faking on Dorsc? It was after the whistle and it was faking? Embellishment?

IN TODAYS HOCKEY...its not goons..but stupid hockey and the Flyers are flat out dumb but someone got into the heads of the refs that the Rangers were faking. How many of those were called during the year?

With that said, the flyers forwards are just flat out better then ours. They just have more talent..and another thing my buddy...still defending the KING? Anyone can see that this guy is a GREAT goalie but rarely if ever wins playoff games by himself like so many other great goaltenders in the past.

Now Im sure the defense for the KING will be that nobody could have stopped any of those goals...give me a break. He has been average..and that's being kind.

6. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

lundqvist has been sub-lundqvist the whole year, but he did steal games personally against the capitals more than a few times in the past.
    the key is not to get too high or too low, this is a strange hockey team, and they did only finish 1 point ahead of the flyers this year.
    it's a toss up man, how can you look at it any other way, the dropoff in talent in this league is slight, if it exists at all.

7. jaywayne12

Im not going to disagree with you tom. My point is the king thingy.

To me..he is at times, a great goalie. He is not a clutch goalie in my opinion and his defense is always the roster. Well, the Flyers are perhaps a bit better on paper but that goes out the window with their goalie and defense. There is no reason why the KING did not pull that game out yesterday. Every special save is so King like and bragged about. While the Rangers shots on goal are taken with a grain of salt...Emery made better saves..in a game 2..on our home time ice. The KING needs to pull that game out some how. Some how. Emery was the better goaltender and that should never happen on our ice up 2-0.

8. jaywayne12

I will disagree with one thing. He has had a subpar year but not in the Olympics. He was damn solid there wasn't he?

9. HackettSuxTNG

No one was bitching about Lundqvist when he had a .940 Save Pct and a 1.66 GAA average in April prior to the playoffs.

Stop it... just stop it!

10. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

yes he certainly was awfully good in the Olympics, and emery did outplay him yesterday, I'm not denying that. this series does absolutely hinge on the goalies right now indeed.

11. matt robinson 17

Jay you're right Emery was better than him yesterday, for 1 game....we are better than the Flyers but not by much this will go 6-7 games, unfortunately...and the reffing has been horrendous

12. matt robinson 17

I agree Jonny, put the fuckin' puck in the net...

13. matt robinson 17

Funny stuff on Benigno/Roberts show this morning had Pat Leonard-NYDN on and he said Stralman should be on the PP, he deserves it he's been playing so well...1st caller after his interview, some 57 year old life long Ranger fan tells Benigno, that's reason not to have him on ever again , he's at the games, does he actually watch then play, Stralman has been horrible since the All star break, Diaz has the better point shot and has been the better player recently

14. HackettSuxTNG

I was the caller after the 57 year old who told them that by suggesting that Strahlman should be on the PP, Pat Leonard should never be allowed on the show again. I also suggested scratching Strahlman for Diaz.

"Evan and Joe, Best thing on the Radio!"

15. matt robinson 17

I must have heard you, I was listening then

16. jaywayne12

I said he has great stats...great HSH. He, at times, plays at an incredible level. He cant deliver what he delivered yesterday..he cant do it.

2 games like that ends seasons. He seems to have 2 games like that every series. I think you guys are thinking I believe he is not a great GT. He is...he has been no better then average this series. He has a tendency to let in late goals MANY a time. He is the best player on a barely above average offense. You cant have a game like that yesterday. I can give you 50 pros that put up the numbers during the season...and show you 40 of them that cant get it done in the playoffs...take Nash for one.

My main point is for Jet fans...unforgiving as we are, it amazes me how no one goes after this guy when he is not good...and he was not good yesterday. Sure he had several saves that drew the WOW factor..but Emery did too..even more of them. HE NEEDS TO CARRY THIS TEAM. He cant have a second period like he had yesterday or this team will not get past this series. This team can not score 4/5 goals in a game. The first goal of the game in game 1 was deflected from 30 feet away. It was a horrible goal...not a peep out of anyone here. It could have broken the back of this team.

He needs to be dominant in game 3 AND 4...has to be.

and as far as what he did in April seasons end...Right now? I could care less...his back up had great numbers all year too.

17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

ha, that's pretty funny abuot Stralman. HOw you two can listen to Benigno is far beyond me, as he is THE dumbest human being Ive ever heard and can barely speak English.

18. matt robinson 17

Oh the pain!

19. matt robinson 17

Understatement by Brad Richards:

Katie Strang‏@KatieStrangESPN2h
    #NYR #PHI "They probably were a little more desperate than we were," Brad Richards on Flyers in game 2

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

definitely a lack of hustle and desire the second half of the game.......