How far could Teddy Bridgewater slip?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Br4d, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bridgewater should have thrown at the combine. Bortles took a hit right afterwards but he's managed to maintain position in the draft. Not throwing at the combine and then having a lackluster pro day is what has caused most of the issues Bridgewater is having right now. People didn't see enough on tape to make up their minds and then what they have seen after that is hurting him.

2. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I hope he slips to 18, he's a tough hard working kid.

3. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Wow at this rate he's gonna go undrafted...

I really hope he doesn't get picked up by the Patriots. I doubt he's actually falling out of the top half of the first round.

But can you imagine the Texans getting Clowney and Bridgewater? I remember there was debate on which of these two should be number 1.

4. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

remember when Geno was going to be #1 overall?

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Holy shit.

_

6. JStokes

Teddy Bridgewater is bringing a little goat with him to his meetings with teams.

True story.

_

7. JStokes

Teddy Bridgewater had 11 children from 18 different womenz.

True story.

_

8. Br4d

It's not unusual for a QB to slide some. What's unusual is how many outright dorks get drafted at the position in the 1st round.

9. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

I have to say, I'm shocked at where analysts predict Bridgewater is gonna be drafted. On tape he is FAR better than any other QB in this class. I go to UCF and I'm absolutely shocked that Bortles is getting the kind of draft buzz he is. He's talented but raw and doesn't really look natural throwing the ball. And his decision making is suspect - he made a few really bonehead throws. Not to mention I think his two big receiving options are underrated (Hall and Worton).

Anyway, this is a thread about Bridgwater. He won't fall to us - but if by some act of god he does, we better pick him up.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Amen.

These analysts that are driving bridgewaters stock down and hyping up bortles are the same guys that gave gabbert a first round grade. they do it every year, yet the masses (including NFL execs) still buy into their shit.

CleveSteve likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Why not tryout Carr or Jimmy Garrapolo. Garrapolo dominated his Division and had a tremendous post season; Carr prob better than his brother and has numbers at Fresno to show it. Teddy B needs gloves to play QB and gives me sinking feeling if he blew a mini big stage pro day. Teams that get these 2 grabbed some real talent

12. Br4d

It's really interesting that nobody has any idea which QB will be the first taken at this point. In fact, nobody knows which 2 QB's will be the first taken. Deja vu from 2013.

You could make an equally good case for Bridgewater and Manziel or Manziel and Bortles or Bortles and Manziel and nobody would be shocked if somebody took Carr instead of any of the above.

Last week I thought it was a Manziel-inspired campaign that was dropping both Bridgewater and Bortles stock. If you step back though and look at the big picture you realize that none of these guys were written in stone. Any of them could have been dropping right now given the wrong moves or bad luck.

I wonder what Las Vegas thinks about the proposition of a QB going top 5 vs no QB going top 5 at this point?

13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Bridgewater will be drafted within first 3.

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

On tape, you can watch him pick apart weak Big East defenses. It's hard to tell what he'll really do when he goes up an NFL-level defense when he didn't even go up against the best defenses in college.

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

1st 3 in what round?

The way things are going it appears as if Bridgewater has a better chance of going in round 3 than round 1. No chance he will go in the top 3 of the 1st round.

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

And how the things appear to be going? What is it that makes you believe he will drop to 18 (never mind the bolded 3rd round nonsense above)?

There are at least 5 teams ahead of 18 that can use upgrade at QB. There is an argument to be had that even Giants could take QB to sit/learn/mature behind ageing Eli like Rogers was sitting behind Favre. With rookie pay structure you almost must take a potential franchise QB if he is on the board. And yes it means if Bridgewater falls to 18, jets must take him.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

There have been a number articles of late saying Bridgewater is not a 1st round pick. Pro scouts have said that he never had a 1st round grade that is just a media fabrication. They argue that he is not slipping just catching up to his true draft grade which was always known.

Usually where there is smoke there is fire. yes it only takes one team to pull the trigger and anything is possible. but when you see a big name anointed by the media like, Bridgewater, plummeting the question is how far not of its true. The media and mocks generally lag behind in terms of grades and draft position. If a high profile player is falling normally he will keep falling as the media has not yet caught up to his true value and they only compensate the drops in small incremental values at a time as they have a hard time believing they were so wrong to begin with. Of course they will argue they were never wrong. It was the pro-day or some adverse news that caused a drop. From what has been reported the last few weeks it is very unlikely Bridgewater will go in the 1st round. He is rapidly plummeting and expectations are constantly being moved further outward. At best a team may trade up to the end of the 1st round to get the extra 5th year option. But otherwise there is a much better chance he is there when the Jets pick in the second round than that he will go to anyone in the 1st. Once you get past the Cards at #20 its unlikely anyone will take a QB in round 1 w/out trading back in.

#457 Noam, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  18. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Wanna make a bet? I'll even give you options for it:
    A) TB taken higher than 18 vs. he slips to 3rd round

B) TB is or isn't taken in the 1st round

19. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Those reports of yours are based on perception of what teams will do. In turn those perceptions a purposely fabricated by the teams to confuse opponents. You almost must believe the opposite of what's reported.

TB will be taken in the first round. If teams like Jax, Min, Tex, STL somehow pass his, teams that are unsure of their current QB will take, like Jets, Oak, KC. If he slips past those, DEN and NE will pick him because there is only 1-2 years left on Payton and Brady's wheels.

20. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

Part of what a scout does is consider that as a factor, and analyze his mechanics, footwork, and how the throws look regardless of whose defending them. Bridegwater made a number of plays this year that aside from who they was against, were really impressive. He moves well in the pocket, has solid mechanics, a lightning fast release, and seems to diagnose the field quite well. I also love how accurately he throws on the run- he reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. I don't see any other QB in this draft that has fundamentals anywhere near him.

I could be wrong of course. But from what I've seen (on tape) he's far and away the most impressive.

That's completely false.