Geno or Vick? Who do you think becomes starter week 1?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Apr 17, 2014.

?

Geno or Vick? Who starts week 1 of 2014 season

1. Geno

88 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. Vick

59 vote(s)
    37.6%
  3. Matt Simms?!?

10 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'm reading and seeing on TV that the media pundits are predicting Mike Vick will win the job and start week 1.

I am not 100% sure this is the case, unless Geno totally fell flat on his face this summer and does not prepare this off-season to play like he did late last year.

I think the competition will be legit and close...Who do you think wins the job through pre-season?

I personally think they will have Geno start the season but have him on a short leash.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm guessing Geno will consolidate some of the gains he made at the end of the season and keep the starting job. Then the question is whether or not he falters like he did last year. Vick will be an easy replacement to make if that happens.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This has been the talk all morning everywhere. It's gonna be a battle which is exactly what we want. If Vick is healthy, he beats out Geno. Why? Because at this point in both their careers, Vick is better. Keep in mind though, that we are all in the dark right now on Geno's progression. He has a full offseason to go through and he has one years worth of experience under his belt. He could make huge strides this offseason.

Jaws was just on the herd and was praising Geno again. He did say Vick would start in his opinion, but that Geno will be a GREAT quarterback in the future years. If that's how it pans out, I would be happy as hell. Vick takes us far the next couple years while Geno molds and steps in for the future.

4. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

I'm thinking Vick > Geno in a QB comp

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I saw Jaws speak yesterday on that too when he praised Chris Johnson signing. Also, would be interesting to see how the locker room handles both QB's. I think the team respects Vick, but they probably went to battle with Geno and the kid improved late in the year...Where is Hard Knocks Jets 2014 when you need it?

6. Br4d

Hopefully we don't see Hard Knocks again. It's a reality show that tries to entertain people. That's the last thing any professional sports team needs to be dealing with as it prepares for the next season.

I think the Super Bowl winner should have to do Hard Knocks. In that case I wouldn't mind it being a Jets series for a few years.

7. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

@Falco21 is right, we're all in the dark about Smith right now. With our incomplete info, it seems like Vick will win, however, this competition will be a lot of fun to watch.

Sent using Tapatalk

8. Falco21

Hell yeah. Hard Knocks this offseason would be awesome lol

I think a lot of people respect Michael Vick. He had enormous respect in Philly's locker room, especially with the way he handled Foles taking his job. The only people that have an issue with him are PETA followers.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If there is a true competition Vick will win. If it is a staged competition as last year's was then Smith will win. I am thinking it will be the latter.

Jets69 and DMarsh6 like this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

hard knocks is gone forever,thankfully. in its place is a business like approach and no periphery noise or distractions. enjoy it.

Jets69 likes this.
  11. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Is HBO doing Hard Knocks this year?

12. Falco21

Not sure but I highly doubt Idzik would let that happen

13. OverloadBlitz

Idzik needs to lighten up and go get a goddamn snack then.

Poeman likes this.
  14. Falco21

Lmao

I just think he's trying to keep everything locked up. There are no leaks anymore, the circus is gone, and I highly doubt he'd let the media cover them during the offseason. I just can't see him doing that

15. Br4d

Because we know what kind of circus that would lead to and we'd really like to go there again.

16. OverloadBlitz

It's the media that drive's the circus train bullshit, Hard Knocks is great for the fans, HBO really does a great job with it.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jay Bizniss and DMarsh6 like this.
  18. Br4d

Hard Knocks is part of the media. It reports on events that happen at training camp and it tries to accentuate things that are entertaining in that process.

The 2009 appearance on Hard Knocks was a huge part of getting the circus rolling. It made Rex out to be a larger than life character and it accentuated the level of buffoonery he was capable of, making that the popular opinion of his personality for years afterwards.

19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Let's go geno !! As a WVU fan ima always have geno's back.

RexontheBeach likes this.
  20. OverloadBlitz

I could care less what media people think about the Jets most of them are just tools who follow the latest bangwagon and hardly do any real reporting. Hard Knocks NYJ was a great way for us fans to get to know our team much better as people and football players/coaches and was highly entertaining.