NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Pat Leonard‏@PLeonardNYDN1h
    Pouliot & #NYR have mutual interest in his re-signing, agent tells News;

2. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

The Rangers are a better team than both the Jackets and Flyers but in a question of who I'd feel more comfortable against, I'd still say Flyers.

EDIT: Although, losing Horton for what I'd presume will be until next season isn't good news for Columbus.

3. matt robinson 17

First 36 games: 100 Goals allowed for a 2.77 GAA
    The 45 games since: 92 goals allowed for a 2.04 GAA

4. matt robinson 17

Points, GF, GA
    -------------------------PPG------GFG-----GAG----Goal Differential
    Entire Season---------1.173----2.691----2.370----0.321 (9th in NHL)
    Since November------1.227----2.879----2.273----0.606 (5th in NHL)
    Since January--------1.324----3.081----2.108----0.973 (2nd in NHL)
    '11-'12 Season-------1.329-----2.756------2.280-----0.476 (6th in NHL)

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Flyer goalie Steve Mason injured as Penguin Jason Smegma in a cheap play crashes the crease with a raised stick and runs Flyer defenseman Andy MacDonald sending him crashing into Mason who was laid out cold flat on his back. Total dirtbag move by Megna. Mason eventually got up but didn't finish the game and his injury status isn't yet known.

Habs 2; NYR 1 - Diaz, not content at almost handing the game to Montreal with a bad giveaway minutes before turns a 4-on-4 inside the blue line into a penalty shot game winner with his DelZotto-esque brain cramp .

#12145 joe, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  6. matt robinson 17

Cam Talbot 12-6-1 1.64 gaa 941 svpct

7. matt robinson 17

Hey Joe you thought we hated the Flyers, Pens-Flyers Is war!

8. matt robinson 17

The funny thing Is Joe, the slapper he took that hit both posts was a rocket and if it went in, he's the hero...

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

True, that was a rocket And, he (and Klein?) got their signals crossed on that breakaway that led to the penalty shot as if both went "you take it the puck-yours!" and brain cramped simultaneously. In the end, nothing was really gained or lost with this game, but one stat that jumps out at you: the Rangers have only scored 4 goals(!) in their last 9 games at the Bell Center……btw, Montreal??…..the BELL Center?? Where have all the Forums gone, long time passing….

Pens-Flyers, I hope they both lose and as much as I hate the Flyers and their dirtbag fans, it seems the Penguins in recent years have been more the cheap shot artists, e.g. James Neal in the 2012 playoffs when an about-to-be-upset Pittsburgh team took a page from the Flyers' history book and really tried to goon it up. As for the Penguin 'fans', I can't even acknowledge them let alone dispise them given their pathetic fairweather, bandwagon-jumping, front-running history of absenteeism…..near collapse…tank the season to draft Mario Lemieux…..near collapse…..draft Cindy/Malkin…they're a ledger sheet paper tiger with a blow-with-the-wind 'fan' base.

On a brighter note, congrats to the Schenectady, New York's Union College Dutchmen winning the NCAA hockey championship with their 7-4 win over the Minnesota Gophers.

Number of Minnesota NHL draftees: 14
    Number of Union NHL draftees: 1

10. matt robinson 17

Joe, since a kid back to Eddie Giacomin hated the Flyers guts, but I have to say I hate the NHL's poster franchise the Guins 10x's worse...here have Jagr and Lemieux, here have Crosby and Malkin...nice job by Union College, with 14 nhl draft picks Gophers were NCAA's Penguins

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to go to the game in Philly. Gotta find out the schedule so I can get a ticket.

12. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

• Game 1: 4/17 | 7PM |MSG
    • Game 2: 4/20|12PM |MSG
    • Game 3: 4/22 |8PM |Wells Fargo Center
    • Game 4: 4/25 |7PM |Wells Fargo Center
    • Game 5: 4/27 |12PM |MSG
    • Game 6 4/29| TBD |Wells Fargo Center
    • Game 7: 4/30 | TBD |MSG

13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Because the NHL has decided to schedule a NOON Game in New York City on the Holiest of Christian days, I am forced to sell my tickets for Game 2 of the Rangers/Flyers Series.

if anyone is interested, I am selling two seats (Sec 210, Row 20, Seats 7&8 - Seats are second tier behind the Ranger bench) for $240 TOTAL.

If you are interested, send me a private message. We can meet up to exchange if you are near NYC.

First come, First served.

[​IMG]

14. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

but hack, any day there is a ranger playoff game is an even holier day. cmon pal you cant miss that!

15. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

joe,
    the contempt that I harbor for the flightless arctic waterfowl from Pittsburgh far exceeds any I have for any other team. i'd ponder giving away a finger on either hand to have them and the ducks lose in the first round. those two fuckin' "bird" teams really annoy the ever loving piss out of me,.

16. HackettSuxTNG

Sorry, my friend, some things are more important than even a Stanley Cup to me. My daughter is making her first Holy Communion in three weeks. What kind of example would I be setting if I missed Easter services?

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Hahaha, nice! Not to sound picayune but those "flightless waterfowl" are not artic but Antartic (note my location). : )

About the Ducks:

Once upon a time this young, very 'simple' hayseed named Elmer from the back country hits his 18th birthday and his widowed dad (whom he works on their farm with) decides that its's time he became a man "a man" so he explains to kid that with his mother dead and gone that he never really got around to telling him about the birds and the bees. The dad then tries to explain it but the kid being dumber than dirt doesn't quite get it, so the dad figures out the only way for him to learn is from one of the local lady "pros." So gives his son a duck in lieu of money (since they were quite poor) and tells him to go down to the door next to the gas station and to go upstairs and ask for Sally:

"Now son, you tell Sally whose son you are and just give her this duck and tell her that the duck's for her and that she should tell you about the bird and the bees." So Elmer takes the duck and walks to town, encounters Sally, identifies himself at which point Sally (sizing the young buck up) takes off his clothes and hers and proceeds to deflower the young man who as it turns out is a chip off the old man's block and why Sally is verrry fond of 'dad' ...and now the son as well who makes her see stars. During the afterglow, she asks if he'd do it again to her and offers him the duck back if he'd do so. The kid says "Sure!" and proceeds to make her sing with joy again and again....

After round 2, the woman says that she'd love to do it again but that Elmer done plum wore her out, but that she had a friend named Lucy upstairs whom he should meet. So Sally tells Elmer to go to Lucy and say that "Sally sent him" and to do to Lucy just what she did to her. Elmer says "Sure!" puts on his clothes and heads out.....however he's interrupted out in the hallway by Lucy's pimp/boyfriend who after hearing Sally's howling fears that Lucy will never want to see him again after this young buck nails her:

"hey kid, you looking for Lucy?"
    Elmer replies: "Sure am!"
    "well kid, Lucy's not feeling well......here's $10 bucks, why don't you beat it..."
    "Sure!"

So Elmer heads home and his father seeing him walking up the dirt road to their farm shakes his head at the sight of him:
    Dad: "Boy, didn't I tell you what to do?!"
    Son: "Dad, I did just what you said."
    Dad: "Oh yeah?..then what's with that duck you're carrying?"

The sons smiles, pulls out the $10 bill and proudly says:

"I got a fuck for a duck, I got a duck for a fuck, I got ten bucks to duck a fuck....and I still got the fuckin' duck!"

#12157 joe, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  18. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

What a stupid schedule. Noon Sunday? Back to back Sundays? Game 6 on a Tuesday and game 7 on a Wednesday. Even the NBA with 3 days off between games..it just loses the magic. Every other day unless its just not possible.

Ok...enough whining. Cant wait..cant wait..cant wait. This is BY FAR the best time of the year. Hockey playoffs are truly the best. Upsets will happen...would love to see the Bruins get dumped some how but not likely. Just wish the Rangers had that what if player this year. That kid in the minors that is red hot..just one surprise player. Cant wait until Wednesday when the playoffs get rolling and then Thursday night baby..doesn't get better then this.

19. HackettSuxTNG

For some wierd reason, this video gets me fired up for the playoffs:

20. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

very cool Hack, sounds like a memorable day for you is in order, and they will win because of this! i'm just being a headache guy.