NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Ask Richards and Zuccarello if he is a non-factor. Furthermore, its funny that you list Carcillo, Dorsett, Klein, Diaz and 14 other guys. Callahan clearly doesn't give a damn about them, since he was holding the team hostage for 8M over 8 Years. Who cares if the Rangers wouldn't be able to afford any of them!

Some Captain.

#12101 HackettSuxTNG, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Yeah, by the way he wasn't asking for 8 for 8, and I agree he wasn't worth 6.5 per, some Captain blocking shots, finishing every check, scoring, PKing, PP, leader, gave 8 great years to this team...get a clue...your midget is indescript...last time I looked 7 goals was more than 1 and 12 pts was more than 7...

#12102 matt robinson 17, Apr 9, 2014
  3. matt robinson 17

What does he do for Zucc? Richards blows and will be bought out...he belongs with Nash they're both softer than a babies behind...by the way your hero missed 2 open nets last night, perhaps if like Joe says they used a soccer net he might have 2 goals in 18 games...7 pts in 18 games, with 3 pts in 1 game = 13 games with no points out of 18...yeah he's a factor

#12103 matt robinson 17, Apr 9, 2014
  4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I don't care about Callahan, but we got MSL to put the puck in the back of the net not to be a setup guy

5. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

Bottm line here is that the team has played well since the trade, but honestly I don't like their current make-up. Think we might be looking at a one and done playoff run. Callahan has played exponentially better in Tampa than he was here, maybe to prove himself or whatever, but I didn't think he was worth what he was asking for, but part of me wishes he was still here. I didn't expect St.Louis to come here and score a ton, but more than 1 goal, thats for sure. Nash setting us up for another dissappointing post season.

6. HackettSuxTNG

Yet his top priority is not bankrupting his own team to line his own pockets. In that aspect, he is more deserving of the "C" than Callahan.

7. HackettSuxTNG

"Whatever" = Extort a franchise out of 8 Million dollars per year for the next eight years.

8. HackettSuxTNG

Nash has been playing his best hockey as a Ranger for the past two weeks.

He's not my hero. He is a Top-Tier NHL player in the twilight of his career who will not try to extort this team out of 48 Million dollars.

9. matt robinson 17

Well put, I agree...with every thing you posted tcrock

10. matt robinson 17

Wrong again, never asked for that but keep puttin' the wrong info out there!

11. matt robinson 17

Hahahhahaha.... a 39 year old one trick pony midget who's been on the team for 4 weeks, has 1 goal in 18 games and he should be the captain over Girardi, Staal and McD...hahahahaa

12. matt robinson 17

Yeah how dare he try to procure money for his family, this makes him different than any player in what league?

13. matt robinson 17

9 hits for the season, softer than my dogs stool...

14. matt robinson 17

But he is a 30 goal scorer 29 for Tampa and 1 for us!

15. HackettSuxTNG

I have absolutely no problem with Ryan Callahan trying to earn as much money as he possibly can. If Ryan Callahan thinks he can get that money on the open market, then he should go out into free agency and get his money. He should get every cent he can.

My problem with Ryan Callahan is this line a bullshit that he fed Rangers fans about how remaining a Ranger was his "top priority". Really, Ryan? That was your FIRST priority? The team offered him 6.25 M over 6 years (hardly chump change), and he turned it down. Ryan Callahan's "top priority" was not remaining a Ranger, his teammates, his fans, or his Captaincy. His first priority was getting paid. PERIOD

I just wish he had the integrity to be honest about it. If he had just flat out said that the years of service he put in combined with the leadership he provided and the sacrifices he made warrented more money in his mind, I would have been absolutely fine with that, and I would have supported him. Instead, he feeds us this line of bullshit about how his "top priority" is to remain a Ranger, and how big bad Mr. Dolan & Mr. Sather don't want him on the team. What's even more frustrating is hearing fans like you who actually bought this bullshit.

Has St. Louis performed as well I would have hoped thus far? Absolutely not. But I will continue to judge him for what he is: An aging superstar who is in the twilight of his career, who I hope can have one final burst of success like a Selanne, Larmer, or Gartner have had in the past. But remember this: He has two years and 10M left on his contract and then the Rangers are free with him. That is paltry money compared to what was necessary to meet Ryan Callahan's "top priority".

16. HackettSuxTNG

So you are Mad at Nash for not hitting, and you are Mad at St. Louis for not scoring.

Are you mad at Hagelin for not blocking shots?

17. matt robinson 17

Hagelin the ice dancer, skate fast lose puck, he's terrible

18. matt robinson 17

Hopefully for the Rangers sake he wakes his ass up....can't picture him helping us against Boston, they'll murder him

19. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Read my other post, I said I was fine with him setting other guys up.

20. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

he's got 6 helpers and 1 goal. If he had 6 goals, would you be crying right now? The guy is a great setup man, just look at the PP.