Vick is miles better than Sanchez and Geno,not even close

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by champmv7, Mar 23, 2014.

1. champmv7

champmv7 Member

Me personally think its a joke that any of you guys would be upset over Vick signing. He wasnt bad at all last season.He didnt even have many turnovers. He is still super fast even at 33. He beat out Nick Foles with ease last season. Foles is an elite qb for the record with Peyton Manning type potential the kid threw 7 tds in one game last season.

I think its laughable that Vick even has to compete against an inferior qb like Geno. Vick only lost the job last season cause he had a serious hamstring injury,not because of bad play,lets get that straight. He still runs about a 4.4 for people saying hes washed up. Did you watch him last season? He only had one bad season as an Eagle and that was 2012 season when he had a high turn over rate cause the Eagles entire Oline was injured and he had 3rd stringers protecting him. Vick will help Geno tremendously as he did Foles. He is a great team leader. How could anyone be upset? Do you honestly believe Geno is better than Vick? REALLY? lmao

For those of you that think Vick isnt still fast this was just last season,yeah hes sure washed up alright

TNJet and june19 like this.
  2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Pretty much. Young Vick would have scored a TD there, but he's still a lot better than Geno IMO.

#2 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  3. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Hi Mike.

4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Is this the equivalent of the millions of Tebow fanatics who showed up here when he was signed? This board went crazy for a while back then!

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

a long while...probably the same here, everybody has their entourage that follow them everywhere

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Marcus Vick has made his way to the forum.

JetLifeLo, soh_vet, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I guess we'll find out. If he's better in camp he should 100% start. I don't want them to give the job to Geno just because, if Vick gives us a better chance to win he should be playing. Odds are he gets hurt at some point during the season and Geno steps in anyway.

8. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Is he switching over to RB? Speed is all he's got and that's not saying much for a QB. He's a brittle washed up has been that never really was.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I agree that he's brittle but you're underestimating his QB abilities. The guy has over 20,000 career passing yards and over 100 career passing TD's which is top 100 all-time in both categories. While top 100 isn't all that impressive, it's better than "all he has is speed". He has a monster arm and played the QB position pretty well in MM's system in philly.

I think it's pretty obvious he's a better QB than Geno Smith. Geno, BTW, didn't look even serviceable unless he was running the ball frequently.

#9 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    azhar80 likes this.
  10. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

He's better than Geno right now, no doubt, but him starting is not better for the future of this team. We need to see what kind of QB Geno can be with some weapons. He really turned it on at the end of the season.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's an overstatement maybe.

DMSMaven likes this.
  12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He looked better at the end of the season when he started running the ball more, which Vick is much better at. If he can beat out Vick in a competition he should start. If not, there's no reason why he can't develop on the bench which used to be the norm. If Geno doesn't come into training camp with his fundamentals completely revamped he shouldn't be starting anyway IMO.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Vick on the way down is miles better than Geno on the way up then the Jets are drafting a QB on the 1 next year is my guess.

I think the two of them will be pretty even all through the evaluation process and then the question is whether Geno can turn it up from there or whether the Jets decide to go get another QB next year.

Vick is 5-11 in his last 16 starts for the Eagles. He doesn't have much left at this point. Maybe just enough to bail us out this year if we need it.

14. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Vick is better now. I think most fans would agree. But most fans are also hoping, long term, Geno canbecome great. So theres the rub.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He can start his journey of hopefully becoming great by beating out what people are describing as a washed up Vick. It should be pretty easy for him if he's on his way to greatness. If he isn't the best QB on the roster he shouldn't be starting. That's not fair to the other players.

There's no reason Geno can't learn on the bench if he can't beat out Vick in a competition. And if the competition is close I agree Geno should win a tie.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Is the Eagles defense anywhere near the type of defense Rex typically fields? W/L is a team stat.

17. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

A healthy Vick will beat out a healthy Geno. HEATLHY is the key word.

18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He's better at getting injured.
    He's better at not completing passes.
    He's great at fumbling the ball.
    He's great at running scared.

DMSMaven likes this.
  19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lolz

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I really worry the Jets think this way too. Geno clearly will never be great. He just isn't good enough. My hope is that he can become average to slighly above average. Doubtful, but still time. It would be good for him to watch Vick from the bench for a season, but that likely won't happen for many reasons.