Jets sign QB Michael Vick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

This makes no sense, but from a Vick supporter I understand. Chicken are bread for one purpose and if not for that one they would not exist.

A dog is loyal to a fault and your friend. Whether you're gone 5 minutes or five hours, their just as happy to see you come through the door. I have a dog that would give its life to protect my family and never hesitate, and in turn for their loyalty we should give them ours. My dog was a rescue who had been mistreated for the first 18 months of its life and even at 5 years old, it still has horrible dreams I have to wake it from. If I ever met its previous owner they would get an old fashion beat down, just like Vick clearly still deserves. He was only sorry he got caught. I will never rout for Vick, even if he is wearing a Jets uniform.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

While I don't agree with it if the purpose of their breeding is factored in I am pretty sure the dogs they were fighting were bred to fight. They weren't kidnapping neighbourhood poodles and terriers and forcing them to fight.

It may come as a surprise to you but Vick didn't invent dog fighting,

Again, I think it is wrong...just pointing out your argument doesn't really hold much weight.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit if you root for him or not? You seem to not root for anyone. Idzik, fuck that guy, he's clueless. Rex, lame duck terrible head coach. Geno, bust and a terrible pick. Vick, needs a beat down and is a piece of garbage.

You need to find another team because you sound like a whining baby.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Oh so only killing SOME animals is cool. I see. And not to mention, those pits were being bred for one specific thing... just like chickens.

Look, I hear all your nonsense about your love of dogs and this and that and the other thing. Guess what? You aren't unique. I have grown up with dogs my entire life. I love dogs, I will always own dogs, I will rescue the next dog I own rather than buy from a breeder. My brother in law is a vet and his pit bull, who we all absolutely adore and my three year old LOVES, was a rescue who was hit by a car on purpose by his owner when he was a year old because he didn't want the dog anymore. So like I said, you aren't unique. Step off your high horse, and stop the holier than thou bullshit. You can have your opinion, just like I have mine... the difference is I don't strut around acting like my opinion is correct.

Supporting Vick on the football field does not make me a Vick "the person" supporter. Even then... he did his time. He paid a tremendous debt. I know you want to act like you are inside his head when you say he's only sorry because he got caught, but regardless, let's pretend you are right. He's STILL done some GREAT thing for the ASPCA and brought awareness to an issue that is near and dear to your heart. Beyond that, he fits our football team, and I watch the Jets for entertainment, not for life lessons and a feel-good, warm and fuzzy experience.

5. JetsFan

ARE YOU PORGETTING THE BEAGLES AND OTHER DOGS? Once again your ignorance of the issues and facts seem to show.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Enough already with the PETA discussion. Either take this back to football or I'm shutting the thread down.

Management

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Thank you sir!!

Enough is enough. I say those who hate him and can't forgive him just need to stay out of the discussion.

8. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Anyone think Vick can get back to his 2010 form? If not, and he starts, by what week will he be injured?

Also his left-handedness will have an impact. Colon and the new RT have suddenly become a lot more important if Vick ends up playing.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Vick gets injured when he runs. Best guess is that MM will get him to tone it down just a bit which I think Vick understands at this point in his career. Besides, he's here to mentor Geno and we're acting like he's gonna come in and start. I don't think there's gonna be a competition this year like last year.

10. JetsFan

Anyone think Vick can get back to his 2010 form? NO
    If not, and he starts, by what week will he be injured? Week 1
    Here's to hoping anyways! Once again it seems I will be routing for Simms to get on the field.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don't know how many of you guys are listening to Alan Hahn on ESPN radio right now, but he is absolutely preaching about why this Vick signing was a very good move. The biggest thing to me is that Vick became a leader in the Eagles locker room. That is something that we sorely lack right now. I don't think you can name a single "leader" on our roster.

If Geno puts any stock into Michael Vick's words, advice and knowledge that he can offer him, then the signing was 100% worth it without Vick even having to step on the field.

12. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

It will be a poor show if we have to start Vick - at best he will only be here for a year or so.

If we don't trust Geno we need to start looking for another young QB ASAP. We have tried all the stop gaps in the past and got nowhere, we need a good young QB and to get behind him and let him play!

13. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I agree that Vick isn't likely to start, but given Idzik's mantra, I honestly do think there will be a pre-season Qb competition. Why shouldn't there be if we want the best qb on the field?

14. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

As long as Vick is a jet your going to have these type of discussions. Too many people on other sides of the fence.

15. JetsFan

Hope we get Oregon Ducks quarterback Marcus Mariota or Oregon State quarterback Sean Mannion next year.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

That's fine. They can take all of those animal and dog discussions to a separate thread so that those of us who don't care about those things and want to talk about football don't have to read it. That's how it should be set up. Put the dog fighting animal rights crap in a thread in BS and those of you who want to talk about for the next year can have a big PETA talk fest there. Have fun!!

17. JetsFan

We can see what side of the fence you are on. Just shoving it to the dark part of the closet and calling it crap or BS doesn't change anything. Fan are fans, but nothing says we have to agree or like all the players on the team. Its not a communist country yet, Obama still has a ways to go before we get there. I'll know what type of board this is when fans start getting banned just because they don't agree.

18. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

And all this has started already, just wait until the season starts and we get the Animal Rights protestors outside!

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm very indifferent about this. If the CS and FO have any inclination of Geno being this times QB of the future, IMO they don't even make it a competition. Sure, tell Geno he is on a short leash with Vick waiting, but make it Geno's job to lose outright. Involve Vick in the offense though on occasion, which sounds kind of contradicting on my part, but if he stays healthy I think he can be serviceable.

As far as his past with the dogs goes, it was a very bad look on his end, but the man did his time and it appears he's learned from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.