PETA: For people who were against signing Vick (Your Opinion)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYGalPal, Mar 21, 2014.

1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I can't ever bring myself to root for Vick. People who don't have a problem with him either aren't familiar with the details or they're heartless.

When seeing him on the field, it's hard not to imagine him drowning dogs and throwing fans' dogs into a ring with a pit bull and watching the dog die. And then laughing at your dog's death. Vick didn't "pay his debt to society", as the statement implies; many for some reason care less about torturing, abusing, and killing animals than they do about humans. What he did is sadistic, disgusting, and unforgivable. If what Vick did is so minor, hypothetically speaking, I don't see why anyone deserves more than a couple years in jail for electrocuting Vick, slamming his body against the ground, and then shooting him in the head. If anything, doing that to Vick would repay his debts.
    [​IMG]

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

First, read my post above.

Second, there is no evidence that showed he did those things himself. Read the court documents. He, personally, NEVER killed a dog or did those things with his bare hands. He funded it and allowed it.

3. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

People still hate the guy for this? Don't act likes he the only person to dog fight there's one going on right now somewhere. He did his time. You hear people crying about how Ray Lewis killed someone still? No. Better thought take a couple years off football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

Agreed, if a pitbull killed someone's child, and it HAS happened many a time, people would be calling for that dog to get put down immediately. We are not dogs, we can redeem ourselves because we can think rationally as human beings. That's why we are the dominant species. You think Vick is the only pro athlete or celebrity who is doing something illegal? He paid his debt to society and I like the signing because he possibly makes the JETS a BETTER football team, and that's the only thing that matters.

5. Falco21

Lmao fucked up world we live in.

Ray Lewis gets away with murder and Ben Roethlisberger gets away with rape, yet some want to bitch and moan about a guy who tortured and killed dogs. Hahaha

6. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

The funniest part of all this is, people really think that dogs give a sh!t about their owners. Or who is the qb of the Jets.

If you have a problem with Vick, just move on brother. All this crying about it ain't gonna change anything.

7. rico college

Preach on!

8. VanderbiltJets

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3148549
    He definitely did it personally; regardless, whether or not he did it himself *personally*, you're acting as though financing the operation and knowledge about the torture and killings isn't damning enough to make him a terrible person.

9. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

For someone with 12 posts you attack a lot of posters here. In fact, the ONLY posts you've made are attacking people about Vick. Why don't you try branching out? Maybe try attacking people over something else now....:rolleyes:

But to the OP, as I stated in another thread: I am going to do exactly what my stepfather did when Vick signed with the Eagles. When Vick became an Eagle my stepfather started watching the Jets with me. In fact, he and my mother wrote a letter to the Eagles FO saying that they would not watch, buy tickets, or merchandise until Vick was gone and they haven't. That is exactly what I will do.

10. VanderbiltJets

Logical fallacy, you're dismissing the subject at hand by acting as thought he OP doesn't hold equal or greater outrage against them for the crimes they have committed and as though he wouldn't react the same if the Jets acquired either player. Cut the crap, the only people more annoying than those who call for political correctness are those who get all riled up over political correctness. Nobody forced you to read this thread, you're like some idiot trolling a thread dedicated to a particular television show which you're uninterested in watching. Realize it's possible to be empathetic and caring about many situations in addition to whichever one is currently being discussed.

11. Falco21

And yet you ignore my first point. What about all the torture and killing of animals we eat and meat we buy at the grocery store? Everyone who eats meat is wrong and should stop right? Just like those who turn the other cheek on Vick, we should all pay for eating meat from an animal that was tortured and killed.

Oh 13 Pitbulls were electrocuted, hung, or drowned, let's all cry. Thousands and thousands of cows, pigs, turkeys, are kicked, testicles ripped off, beaten into the ground, and killed and no one says a thing. Let's all weep for the Pitbulls but ignore the innocent cows, pigs, and turkeys. Fuckin two faced man

12. Falco21

Lmao

You eat meat my man?

13. Aewhistory

And I wouldn't want either of them on my team either (for the record). Bent it seems like you're arguing if someone, anyone, is ground not guilty of a greater crime, then ALL lesser crimes should go unpunished, right? Do you how many I solved murders there are? And how many are not prosecutable? So as long as there are cold cases then no one should go to jail for, say, theft, right? Okeedokee then..... Where do you live again?

14. rico college

If we picked up Big Ben as our backup quarterback, there wouldn't be any threads like this. How many threads do you see about that sexual deviant farve?

15. VanderbiltJets

Were the animals in slaughterhouses slammed against the ground, tortured, and killed inhumanely? I support better conditions for livestock but also acknowledge that boycotting meat production actually worsens conditions for animals. Stop throwing out strawmen.

This isn't even worth addressing, for it makes you look idiotic and heartless.

16. Falco21

LOL that's not anywhere near the point I'm making.

The point is, when do you ever hear about people bitching and moaning about Ray Lewis when he was playing? When did you hear about people bitching about Ben Roethlisberger while he was playing?

Everyone can forgive and forget that but Vick has to live with this shit for the rest of his life no matter where he goes? I guess no one owned dogs in Philly because he had no issue being there lol

17. VanderbiltJets

You don't necessarily know that. And I would even argue that there would be more outrage.

Regardless, predicting something tangential and irrelevant has nothing to do with the legitimacy of concerns about animal abuse.

18. Aewhistory

Uh, yes, people do say things about the mistreatment of livestock. Moreover, if you do not understand the difference between killing for sport and killing for joy then you are, by definition, a psychopath.

19. Falco21

Lmao

Your a fuckin failure. You wanna disregard animal cruelty to livestock but want to fight animal cruelty to dogs? Are you joking? Rolling a bowling ball into a fuckin pigs head is OK to you? Slamming baby pigs into the ground for fun is OK with you? Kicking live turkeys to see who can kick one the furthest is OK to you? Ripping the testicles off of a pig for fun without pain killers is OK to you?

Give me a fuckin break.

20. Falco21

THIS ISNT KILLING FOR SPORT.

You need to do some fuckin research before you make yourself look like a fool like you are. These animals are being tortured and killed by workers for FUN. I'm not talking about hitting a cow over the head with a hammer. I'm talking blatant torture for fun when workers get bored. That's the food you are eating.

Jesus. Some people are so blind.