Jets sign QB Michael Vick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

For the 3rd time, obviously you don't know how to read. Any meat you buy at the supermarket is from a tortured \ murdered animal.

McDonalds hamburgers are from a murdered tortured animals. How bout you go protest in front of one and stop crying about our backup quarterback.

You = Stupid

#261 rico college, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  2. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

This is great. The back up will be as good as the starter. I'm loving it. Now we need to stack up the offense and be relevant on both sides of the ball.

3. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

and, either Evans or Ebron. We will cause a lot of damages next year.

4. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

That's the beauty of it. That would only prove that Geno is legit.

5. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Good thing is, because they're both talented they can rotate between injuries. By the way, who is that on you avatar? Exotic.

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Equating killing animals for laughs to killing animals for food?

And you dare call someone else stupid? Jesus Christ...

bmfc1 and chris5533 like this.
  7. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Shut down corners or not, it's hard to shut down 15 yard gashes by Vick.

8. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Gotta offer cleveland whatever they want outside of sheldon or mo for their #4 pick

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

A very very honest opinion. I don't have a dog but this doesn't prevent me admitting what Vick did was wrong. I don't even like the guy but he paid his dues and he now plays for Jets who I root for. That said, we don't have to love all the players on our team as long as they help Jets win. I will leave this at that.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Also I beleive Vick wouldn't accept the offer if he wasn't promised a fair competition between him and Geno. So get ready to see him as starter if he shines in preseason.

11. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

No, its not stupid... Killing animals is killing animals, the end game is still the same. You justify it to yourself thinking you're better and your reasons are ok, but truth it's the same result. Its ok to hunt deer for thrills though, right... Yeah because society tells u it's ok? Now im not justifying what Vick did, but why is it any different because society says so? You just dont get it...

12. Greenday4537

No, you don't get it. Killing animals for food is a matter of necessity. Torturing and killing animals for laughs is sick. It's a huge freaking difference. It's like saying shooting someone who raping your spouse is no different from shooting up a school. It's completely different. There is absolutely nothing wrong with killing animals for food. What is wrong with you that you think that's no different from being a sociopath?

jaywayne12 likes this.
  13. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

You obviously have 0 idea to how animals in the slaughterhouse are treated.

The 1985er likes this.
  14. Greenday4537

Do they electrocute them, beat them, strangle them, have them fight each other, etc.? No? Then you should probably stop trying to make completely bogus comparisons.

15. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Actually yes lol some of them do, why do you think PETA exists, do some research because I have no interest in arguing with you.

rsmehta likes this.
  16. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Forget food and slaughterhouses for a minute... Why is it ok to kill deer for "fun", but not pit bulls?

rsmehta and The 1985er like this.
  17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is for all you unforgiving animal activists. Here is what an undercover investigation found with the food we buy and eat:

Turkeys

"Workers were caught on hidden camera kicking and throwing turkeys, crushing their spines, and violently beating them with shovels and metal rods. Turkeys with open, pus-filled wounds, rotting eyes, and festering infections were left to suffer and die."

Cows

"Workers viciously kicking, beating and whipping cows in the face and body, sick and injured cows suffering from open wounds and infections, and workers dragging cows by their fragile legs and necks using chains attached to a tractor—these are just some of the routine abuses documented by an MFA investigator at a DiGiorno cheese supplier in Wisconsin."

Pigs

"An MFA investigation at a Tyson pig factory farm in Oklahoma uncovered sadistic animal abuse, including workers throwing a bowling ball at a pig's head, and kicking, throwing, hitting, body slamming, and otherwise torturing pigs. The investigator also documented thousands of pregnant pigs crammed in gestation crates so small the animals could not even turn around or lie down comfortably for nearly their entire lives."

"An MFA investigator documented horrific animal abuse at this major Walmart pork supplier owned by Randy Spronk, the president of the National Pork Producers Council. During the investigation, workers were seen violently slamming conscious piglets headfirst against the ground, ripping off their tails and testicles without painkillers, hitting, throwing, and dropping pigs and piglets, and confining pregnant pigs in filthy, fly-infested gestation crates barely larger than their own bodies for nearly their entire lives."

Need I continue. You idiots want to bitch and moan about Michael Vick, take a look at the factories that kill the meat we buy and eat at our supermarkets.

Throwing bowling balls into pigs heads, kicking turkeys, ripping the testicles off the pigs with no pain killers, dragging cows with chains on tractors.

You people need to wake the fuck up with this Vick cruelty shit.

rsmehta, Dom, Vahncase and 3 others like this.
  18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This signing doesn't bother me at all. The dog thing happened 8 years ago and Vick paid for his crime with more time in prison than some violent criminals do. Plus he lost a $100 million contract with Atlanta. It's time to give it up. If you don't like it, find another team until he is gone, but stay off the board. Nobody wants to keep reading this animal cruelty and PITA-like stuff on a football board.

It's leaps and bounds better than the Favre and Tebow signings. It's a good football move in that we have a real back up QB for the first time since Pennington backed up Testaverde. And its a one year deal. The only harm I see is that I don't want another QB competition. The Jets need to know if Smith is the real deal or not. Vick should be the back up unless Smith completely bombs.

Bellows1 and BleedGreen89 like this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the die is kind of cast in that regards. If Geno elevates his play, first in the way he looks this off-season and then in camp, he'll win the job. If he can't do that, for whatever reason, then I'd expect Vick to have the job coming out of camp. The thing to remember is that Vick knows what Marty Mornhinweg wants out of his QB's. He's ready to hit the ground running as the offense is put together and re-assembled for next season.

It's Geno's job to lose but I don't think he has to be particularly bad to lose it. He just has to look like both the confused guy from the beginning of last season intermixed with the smoother guy who got it by the end. To keep the job he needs to make the confused guy go away for good.

20. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Killing animals is killing animals. If you think there's any difference, you're kidding yourself. Obviously you have no idea where your food comes from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.