Jets sign QB Michael Vick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

Mark never had any competition, that's partly why he sucked most of the time. This will push Geno to be the best he can be.

2. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

Well, not a move I personally agree with. But what's done is done. If Vick starts I hope he just stays healthy and it won't be a waste of $5mill

3. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

Expect to see a lot of the wildcat with Geno and Vick both in at the same time.... ugh.

4. Ohsoclose

Ohsoclose Member

Vick helped push Foles to 27 Tds and 2 Int's last year for the Eagles. He and Foles had great chemistry. It will be interesting to see if he has the same chemistry with Geno.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't know. I agree that it seems unlikely but here's my crazy way of looking at the offseason so far. Our offense was in dire need of talent, specifically playmakers, and we signed IMO the best available FA WR and QB. Whether you like Idziks approach or not, that's how I see it.

Now the best available offensive play maker of the offseason is still available via trade. Is Idzik done injecting the offense with juice?

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

LOL Are you fucking kidding me? He "pushed" Foles? Foles won the job by default after Vick got hurt.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Maybe not, but he does need to make massive improvements in his fundamentals.

8. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Well this is heart breaking. Just very disappointing.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm curious, who was your family member that was a Jet?

10. Ohsoclose

Ohsoclose Member

You don't think Foles played lights out because he knew if he was even questionable Vick would be back in? Foles knew he had to make it known he was the man. He proved it. Every coach becomes infatuated with Vick and he is tempting but he just can't stay healthy.

11. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

12. Ohsoclose

Ohsoclose Member

Howard. For the record he wanted to stay and is very grateful to NY. It was just business on both sides.

Going4TheGreen likes this.
  13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Geno gets better but am glad if he stinks it up there is a viable alternative this time.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You helped me realize I wasn't clear in that post. Specifically "And it will push Geno and allow him to develop without pressure" is a contradiction.

What I meant is: if Vick starts, Geno will have a chance to develop without pressure of immediate success, like QBs of olden days (Rogers behind Favre). Regardless, Vicks presence will push Geno to show if he is "that" guy, the QB Jets are hoping he is.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Oh cool man!!

Still upset we lost out on him but he took more guaranteed money. Understandable

16. NCJetsfan

That I'll agree with, but then we all knew that when he was drafted. There's nothing wrong with his work ethic, however. He worked his butt off last year to learn the offense and improve, so that MM could use the whole playbook. Thus, imo he doesn't need to be pushed to improve. He's already working probably as hard as he can to get better. If Vick starts, hopefully it will give Geno a chance to fix his footwork in a non-pressured situation, but won't affect his confidence or feelings towards the team.

I wasn't for signing Vick. I still have questions about his character. That said, I'm gonna root for him as a Jet on the field, and hope and pray that he has matured and his character changed off the field. I'll also be praying that this doesn't become a big circus again.

17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I'm sure Idzik is not done, but I agree with SJF that I just don't see Idzik will "inject juice" at DeSean's price tag. I don't think Idzik will stop being frugal all of a sudden.

To be honest, I don't want Jackson here because I don't believe him to be a good long-term move (although a very shiny short-term one).

18. Ohsoclose

Ohsoclose Member

Yeah. I could not be happier for him. He is legitimately a good guy and loved NY and the Jets. It was a tough call for him. He has family in Denver so he will get to play in front of them once a year which helps. I still have a lot of Jets gear and now that you guys got Vick I will still be pulling for the Jets (as long as it is not against Oakland ha!).

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Ya better ya bastard!!

Nah I'm kidding lol I will always root for Howard. He did an awesome job for us. To think that he was cut not too long ago and then signed a huge contract is amazing. Huge steps for him

Ohsoclose likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

Thanks for the clarification. I agree with that. As I told LongTimeJetsFan, everything I saw about Geno prior to his being drafted and after he joined the team was what a hard worked he is. One can see that he worked his tail off last season, so I don't think he needs to be pushed to work harder. I had said before last season that it wasn't in Geno's best interests to start last season. He needed non-pressured time to sit and learn from a vet and have time to fix his footwork, and get used to taking snaps from under center. If Vick beats him out, I hope Vick will stay healthy for at least the first half of the season so Geno has that time. On one hand, I think the Jets need to find out what they have in Geno, so it doesn't make sense to me to start Vick, but then OTOH, the Jets can't truly know what they have in Geno as long as he's struggling with fundamentals, and it's almost impossible to fix those fundamentals when one is facing the week-to-week pressure of starting. Let's all hope this will be a great signing for the Jets!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.