Jets sign QB Michael Vick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's what he earned.

2. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Let the 2014 circus begin!

3. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

He beats out Geno almost easily.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I will begrudgingly root for him, since he's wearing my team's colors.

I don't know the guy nor what he is or isn't like in real life now. I only know what he did and I'm disgusted by it. Society has every right to forgive him and I have just as much right to find him to be an appalling human being.

5. Ohsoclose

Ohsoclose Member

Full Disclosure: I am a life long Eagles fan. The reason I am on here is because I had a family member on the Jets, but I have come to appreciate the team and like Rex. That said...

I would not get too excited about Vick. I was one of his biggest supporters in Philly. The problem is he can't stay healthy. I really hope he has a nice year for you guys but don't count on it. His style of play prevents him from finishing a season. He needs a solid o-line in front of him to get through the season and the Eagles line did not start to gel until mid way through the season and Foles was too hot to even consider bringing him back as the starter once he got healthy.

His speed is not quite what it was once was. His arm is still ridiculous and he still will make a bad read or force a throw as well as make jaw dropping great play. I think he is better than Geno by far. Geno is Vince Young 2.0. Geno doesn't strike me as a leader or guy who teammates will put it all on the line for.

For the record Vick was nothing but a professional in Philly. He has really turned his life around and hopefully his newly found leadership skills and professionalism will rub off on Geno. Nice pick up and hope it works out for you guys!

#85 Ohsoclose, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  6. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I believe vick will beat him out. then he will get injured early in the season, then a fresh off of losing a qb competition geno is pushed back into the spotlight, where he will shit the bed.

bottom line: we'll be looking for a new QB next year.

7. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Agreed. And like you said, he's not here for the long term, and I think you nailed it when you said he's here to push Smith. I think they see him as a mentor for Geno, and some insurance in case he gets hurt or struggles. Actually Vick is the one who is more likely to get hurt as he's been extremely injury prone.

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

That's the only concern I have if he beats out Geno, his health.

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If this helps us get Dsean Jackson then its a positive,but his cap numbers 10 mill for this season so I'm not sure if we will trade unless he agrees to restructure

10. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Guys, we're missing the more important issue here: Who's going to wear #7? Smith or Vick?

11. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Another year, another Qb controversy. Yay!

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lolololololololololololol

13. LongIslandBlitz

Mark Sanchez beat Geno out ,I have a feeling Vick will to but Geno will still end up starting.Maybe Rex will trott Vick onto field in 4 the qtr of pre season game

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm a police officer. My life is seeing people arrested, swearing they are sorry and will never do it again, or getting a good lawyer who makes them read from a script where all the right things are said but there is no sincerity. Needless to say, most are arrested for similar/other crimes shortly after release.

Vick bred dogs to fight to the death. He and his group hanged, electrocuted and drowned dogs for fun/sport. He is a sick fuck. I would give a nut for the Jets to win the SB, but I can't root for this sack of shit. Doing a prison term doesn't equal a debt paid in many cases.

Ben Had and GoldenShowers like this.
  15. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he was trolling.

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Because?

17. LongIslandBlitz

Geno will,But in a traditional Jet way of undermining there Qbs I'm sure they will strip Geno of his number

18. Ohsoclose

Ohsoclose Member

As you should. He is not a big guy and refuses to slide. It drove Philly fans nuts. He is scared of getting his cleat caught in the turf and dislocating an ankle. Jimmy Rollins even offered to teach him but that didn't work.

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Sure he is! Not even close at this point.

freemantoon likes this.
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We have a competent QB who can move with his legs like no other. Pair him with Decker and another receiver and he could make their head spin.

They are already talking about it on their forums. Claiming this could be bad for them and the AFC East just got a lot more interesting

freemantoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.