How far could Teddy Bridgewater slip?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Br4d, Jan 24, 2014.

1. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I can see Bortles falling to 18. I just don't think he's that good of a passer. I think the best bet with Bortles is to match him up with a power back so the two of them can suck the defense in and a fast, tall WR to then go over the top.

http://cornerblitz.com/2014/Features/BestFits/BBJM.aspx

#221 CleveSteve, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good, thanks.

For what it's worth I agree with you that the power that be aren't sold on Geno, nor do I think they should be. GMs routinely get fired if they don't find a quality QB. Idzik shouldn't just "hope" that Geno will pan out. He needs to take steps to insure that he has a quality QB.

I also agree that they're going to want someone to jump in if the turnovers continue next season. The thing is, I think that someone will be a veteran. Another rookie wouldn't necessarily really be that different from Geno last year. I do think they will be doing their due diligence on all the QBs in the upcoming draft and if one falls to them that they really like and it's where they had him rated, they'll probably take him, as I think they should. Ideally, I'd love to see them take a QB somewhere in the 3rd-5th round range, but if Teddy falls or they like Carr and he's there in the 2nd, then I wouldn't be upset.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bortles is Tannehill 2.0. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen. I'd put him squarely in the top of the second round as a talent. It's fairly likely that some team will over project him and taken him near the top of the first instead.

4. Br4d

It's going to be fun to watch all the jockeying and smoke patterns around the QB's between the combine and the draft. Right now the leaked consensus is that Bridgewater is a bit better than the other guys but not a surefire franchise guy. We'll see how that goes after the first numbers hit the board at the combine. I'm guessing a few guys are shorter than people think right now.

5. Doink Bell

Doink Bell Banned

Probably the worst Bortles comparison i've ever seen. He's nothing like Tannehill.....not even close.

Big Ben is a much better comparison.

6. Br4d

No, he's not. Bortles is more mobile than Big Ben, he's similar to Tannehill. He doesn't have Roethlisberger's arm though. Again, he's similar to Tannehill.

lonestarlady likes this.
  7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

This.

_

8. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

Everything about Bortles reminds me of Roethlisberger. The small school, the plays I've seen him make, his arm, and most of all the way he conducts himself in interviews. He just seems like a for sure franchise QB if he can get paired with a real franchise with a D (ala Steelers and Ben)

9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

10. Br4d

Garoppolo has very active feet when he's setting up in the pocket. That's something he's going to have to work on in the NFL. You can't be jumping around and constantly resetting your foot position in the process. Making a shift and resetting your feet is normal. Moving along and stringing the play out before you decide to throw it away is normal, as you move laterally in the process. Constantly picking your feet up and replanting them as you go through your progressions is not.

I didn't have problems with the two plays in question at 2:00 and 3:15. He was under overwhelming pressure from a blitz in the red zone on the first play and went down. He was facing a 4 man rush with two guys that shook their blockers, one in the middle of the field, on the second and he completed the outlet pass after jittering around a bit.

I don't see a great NFL QB prospect in Garoppolo but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a good QB.

At this point in the draft process I would much rather have a mid-rounds QB from this group than make a big investment in one of the top guys. There are so many questions about all of the Grade A prospects and they're all circling around evading the questions at this point instead of stepping up and answering them.

I don't know who was smarter yesterday at the Combine, the guy who actually threw and depressed his stock some (Bortles) or the three guys who stood around doing not much. At least Bortles had the balls to put the goods on the line, even in a tight competition with so much on the line.

11. Doink Bell

Doink Bell Banned

[​IMG]

12. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

no comments on bridgewaters pro day?

13. Br4d

How far could Teddy slip?

It's an interesting question. I still think 8 is it. He isn't going to get past the Vikings unless something really funny happens between now and draft day.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jamarcus Russel had one of the best pro-days ever.

Is there any need for a comment?

Teddy is def a top 10 pick though.

15. All Gas No Shake

russell was also a drug addict

teddy looked woefully underprepared for the biggest job interview of his life ... thats gotta be a cause for concern

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i thought it was next to impossible he got out of the top 10....now i am not so sure.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't know, even after a miserable pro day they say he is still the top QB in the draft so we will see.

18. Br4d

I don't really see a top 10 QB in this draft at this point. As many as 4 QB's might get taken in the top 10 but the winners are likely to be the teams who see real top 6 quality talent pushed down into the back end of the top 10.

I think the Texans and Jaguars have a real chance at taking Bortles early. I think the Browns are looking hard at Manziel. I think the Raiders are looking at Carr. It could get very interesting on draft day. Bridgewater is better than all of those guys but not slam-dunk no choice better.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Where did you guys see anything about Teddy's pro day? I can't find anything. Thanks in advance.

20. All Gas No Shake