Welcome to NY Breno Giacomini

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Milliner is your Mommy, Mar 12, 2014.

1. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

NYJalltheway likes this.
  2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

where are you getting that no-one else was interested in Giacomini? that link you posted certainly doesn't say that and he was ranked around the same as Howard in all the FA trackers I saw.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry. They're from a Star Ledger article. It's on the right hand side in "Latest Jets News". Nothing all that earth shattering, but something to stoke the rivalry fires a little. I didn't know that he was from the Boston area.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...ns_can_go_kick_some_rocks_after_jets_win.html

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Following is another Star Ledger article.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...ons_breno_giacomini_signed_with_the_jets.html

5. al_toon_88

Name the other teams that were beating down his agent's door for his services.

6. al_toon_88

Coaches and players always stress how important continuity and comfort-level are, especially for an O-Line.

You had something in Howard and you sacrificed it for an unknown to save a few bucks.

It may work out well. Giaco may "gel" instantly with Mangold & Co. and play out all 4 years of his deal at a high level.

I just don't think it was worth the risk, especially when you're flush with cap room and Giaco is a guy with no upside who you just overpaid.

If Giaco bombs or misses another 9 games next year because of his balky knee, you're not gonna look back and say, "hey at least Johnny saved us 1M per in cap space."

#86 al_toon_88, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

how the hell would I know who did or did not speak with his agent? I am not the one making claims here.

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

you make it sound like Howard was Orlando Pace - he was a medicore talent that got a $30m contract from the Raiders - if you see a $10m contract differential as "a few bucks" then you must be doing pretty well.

9. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

you are wrong! Look at Cameron Wake. Look at Brandon Moore. Look at Warren Moon. look at Kurt Warner. and the beatdown goes on!