CB's remaining

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Browner just sign with PATS

2. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Looks like we're gonna be running the ball up the middle against the Pats this year.

Without Vince Wilfork clogging up the middle, I think that will be the way to go. Maybe try throwing to the TEs a bit, and mostly avoiding Revis Island.

3. JetLagInCa

JetLagInCa Active Member

I'd like to see DRC locked up for the next few years on the six year contract with as little as possible guaranteed.....PLUS Antonio Cromartie, who, if Arizona doesn't sign him this weekend, can probably be had on a one year deal for 6-7 million or so.

That's the best of both Worlds....and we can then focus on offense (and a punter) in the draft.

4. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i think the jets can live with drc for a bit until milliner hits his stride and takes over as the number 1. kyle wilson is good in the slot and i dont see any need to move him to the outside. really we need another starter but i think our depth is alright. berry is back from injury and walls looked good last year. im sure idzik will bring some more bodies into camp just to see who sticks but if we can grab drc well be alright going into the season

5. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

if the jets sign drc, then cro becomes redundant on this roster, and vice versa. they would be filling the same role, and really there isnt any more room for two more starting cornerbacks on this roster. we have a second year starter in milliner that is looking to have a nice season after coming on strong at the end of last year. the jets are not giving up on dee just yet and there is no reason to think that they would be looking to replace him as the second starter at corner. cant move him to nickel either cause well, hes not a nickel and then what happens to kyle wilson?

you dont run a team like that. guys will get disgruntled, their friends will feel for them and the team will begin to feel alinated from management. its not a good strategy for team building when you have quality starters already on the roster

6. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i think i smell a little rex influence in bills scheming for the upcoming season. it seems to me as though he is looking for the type of corner play that would allow them to run more cover 0 and cover 1. i know the pats run a lot of cover 1 already but they dont really have the personnel for it until now. talib was god but they had nobody else last season and once he went down they were helpless.

revis and browner should be able to hold it down without much safety help, and really the safety will probably just go toward browner anyway cause revis will probably have it locked down.

pats might have something on defense this season im not looking forward to it

7. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I
    Your 100 percent right. Browner is amazing. Before all his drug and bs problems, he was the guy they spoke of in Seattle as the shutdown corner. . If he stays clean its going to be real tough to throw on these dirtbags. Ugh

8. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Not true. Ask any Seattle fan that is a diehard and they will clearly say Maxwell is much better then Browner. At least in this point in Browners career.

9. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

He may be on the decline. He's a huge corner, before all his suspensions was a beast

10. kleckotheman

kleckotheman Member

I posted this on another thread about our CB situation but it is worth repeating.
    An ESPN Insider article on the Talib signing. They didn't like it.
    But note the comparison to DRC.

We really need to sign DRC to ensure we don't start the draft with a gaping CB hole:

ESPN
    There is a lot that makes sense about this move. The Broncos needed to add a corner with Champ Bailey leaving town and Chris Harris blowing out his knee late in the season, but they elected to throw money at Talib over extending Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who had a better season and was already in the building.

Other than interceptions (where he trailed by one), Rodgers-Cromartie bettered Talib's coverage numbers across the board in 2013. He allowed fewer catches (30 to 38), 143 fewer yards, a lower percentage of targets to be caught (44.1 to 53.5) and broke up more passes (10 to 7 PDs) while passers throwing into his coverage ended the season with a rating of just 67.8 as opposed to the 72.3 when aiming at Talib.

His PFF coverage grade (attained from play-by-play grading of his season) was a plus-11.0 compared to Talib's minus-5.8, and he avoided being eviscerated during the season the way Talib was by Browns wideout Josh Gordon. Given the cost of this contract for Talib, a guy with plenty of question marks, you have to think the smarter deal would have been to lock up the player that was already in-house.

To really rub salt in the wounds the Patriots then replaced Talib with Darrelle Revis for one-year at $12 million. Revis is the player that Talib threatens to be at his very best. Denver was rumored to be interested in Revis all along, but instead pulled the trigger on Talib for more money.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

It's DRC or bust now, lets get it done