2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Um yes it does. They are asking for a restructure so they can arrange more room now that they signed Revis. They said they would need to restructure him in order to clear money.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

How about PFF ranking Pettigrew the 7th best pass-blocking TE in the league?

3. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Exactly. I think he's forgetting about Big Snacks.

4. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

They are restructuring because he's not an $11M player at this point. Revis is only hitting $7M on the cap. Try again.

5. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

we don't need wilfork..hour line is really strong and young..

6. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

keep your eye on kevin williams for the pats

7. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I could give two fucks about a tight-end pass blocking. If he's not run blocking, I want him to throw a quick chip, and then go out to catch a ball, which Pettigrew also sucks at.

Might as well put another OT out there if you're just looking for pass-blocking ability.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Patriots are not concerned about the Jets.

So what? The Jets beat the Patriots with the run game to split a meaningless reg. season game.

The Broncos are not built to run, they are built to throw. That's the team the patriots are in contention with.

Though the Chiefs are a diff story.

Until we can get back into the playoffs and win games, we should not talk shit.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lol

You guys had a little over $10 million in cap room and made some moves to sign Revis. Yes he is not a $11 million dollar player but you are most definitely looking to restructure him to clear room as well. It has been talked about all fuckin morning that this would happen.

10. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I didn't forget about Snacks but Wilfork is one of the best DT's that literally obliterates 2 O-Line at a time. That would be amazing to watch for the Jets defensive scheme plus a guy like Rex with that kind of D-Line? Scary.

11. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Who's talking shit? When I said no one will care about Revis I was referring to the entire league, not just us.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

But, see, that's the crux of it -- our DBs (specifically CBs) have a lot of difficulty because they're required -by Rex's scheme & philosophy - to play a style that is almost futile in the current NFL.

Perhaps it's time to emphasize other areas, such as LB and FS, so that the DBs can do their jobs well, without being asked to carry the Defense.

Yer right about the dream team approach. But, still, many people predicted Denver and Seattle to win their respective Conference. Even with all the parity, sometimes it's very clear who the best teams are heading into the season.

Coples you can pencil in on his side. However, I think it's time we stop viewing Barnes as anything reliable. It reminds me of the Kris Jenkins situation -- he wreaked havoc when he was healthy, but we got him on the cheap because he couldn't stay healthy. I see a similar situation unfolding as it pertains to Barnes. Which means that nabbing an OLB should be on our priority list, because you have to plan on losing Barnes at some point again during the season. With as many picks as we have, this Draft is a great opportunity to select an OLB and ease him into the rotation.

13. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Interesting.

Just curious, but does this mean that he will have a $5 million cap hit in 2015 (whether he restructures or leaves the team)?

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

32 year old 350 pound dude coming off an Achilles ... I'd stay away unless the pay was very low. It's not like we have garbage at NT.

The Uniform Bomber likes this.
  15. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

John Idzik really is the slowest GM in the world lol.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

NFL Access ‏@NFL_Access 36s
    Seattle a likely landing spot for TE Jermichael Finley

17. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Yes, you can spread out guaranteed money over the life of the contract. NE will get hit with a $5 mil cap charge next yr, assuming his team option gets declined (making him a FA). If it gets picked up, NE owes him $20 mil I believe (money he'll never see). I'm sure NE will try to restructure his contract next yr if they want to keep him long term.

18. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Thankfully GM's 40 times don't really count for much. =)

19. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Wilfork requests release from the Patriots. They asked him to take a pay cut and he refused, probably thinking hey I've been a loyal Patriot for my career and you pay Revis whatever he wants as soon as he hits the market. Can't tell me the Pats players who have been with the franchise can't be ticked off. McCourty deserves an extension and wasn't given one either

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hopefully the Pats don't get Louis Nix from Notre Dame.