Eric Decker Officially a New York Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ctjetsguy, Mar 12, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I dont want him to fail but my expectations are low for this guy because he just does not have what it takes imo.

2. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

So he'll do as well as Calvin, Fitz and Andre J against Revis? Sign me up!

Your statement is ridiculous. I'd love to see you in Idzik's shoes.

"How about we sign Decker"
    "NO! HE CAN'T BEAT REVIS!"
    "How about Tate?"
    "How about Sanders?"
    "NO! HE CAN"T BEAT REVIS!"
    "What if we try to trade for Calvin Johnson?"
    "Well what should we do then?"
    "NOTHING! I'D RATHER DO NOTHING THAN SIGN SOMEONE THAT CAN'T BEAT REVIS!"

Too funny.

NYJETS4life24 likes this.
  3. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

I just love the way some fans want Rome built in a day, from what I've seen so far on team restructuring Idzik is quietly going about his business in upgrading in many areas, and building, I hope, a talented and driven unit that may not be spectacular yet but will be able to deliver Mornhinweg's schemes.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

because I could have thrown darts at a draftboard with 5th and 6th round picks and found better receivers than this Eric Decker.

5. Mangold Goldman

Just curious, who did you want?

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

6. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

It's incredible how dumb you actually are.

Go back to rooting for the Giants.

NYJETS4life24 likes this.
  7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Alright when this guy only has 500 yards at the end of the season, dont come crying to me. Its like 2011 all over again when everyone was praising the Holmes signing, and I got shitted on by this entire board and was being called a nutcase because I said it was bad contract/signing.

Well 3 years later guess who was right? And its ironic some of the same people that told me I was wrong about Holmes are now telling me im wrong about Decker.

8. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

It is possible - more like plausible - that Holmes' lack of production was more of a function of Sanchez + Shotty + (shudder) Sporano than Holmes. With Geno in his second year (or vet QB), and MM, there are people that are optimistic that Decker can at least approach the production he has had in the past.

No one is saying Decker is the second coming of Jerry Rice. The general opinion is that he is an upgrade to our overall WR group, signed at a decent price. For a 7m/yr guy to 'fail' he would have to really stink up the joint.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

lol at Decker being the best free agent receiver available. I hate this move but now that he's a Jet I have to root for him. I hope I'm wrong but we're gonna regret this signing. Nicks is better, Britt is better. But it is what it is.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

your point doesn't make any sense. of course the worst players are better than average people, we aren't comparing these players to us, we are comparing them to their fellow players and we had awful talent at the WR position that was healthy the last 2+ years.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think if there are no other upgrades on offense besides Decker come August,we can get worried. But I'm expecting we sign others and this is just the beginning. So hypothetically let's say Decker does get double covered all game by a team, that creates an advantage elsewhere for our WR. WE didn't have anyone the last 2 years who needed to be covered that way. In fact most of WR could be covered on the outside by just playing tight on them and giving the QB a small to no window to throw.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Look I dont cheer for any Jet to fail but this guys production will not reflect the money we paid him, which is not his fault, its Idziks fault for paying him.

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You need to stop posting. At first it was w.e but I can't stand your posts now. It's almost like you think its funny to just sound completely obnoxious and ignorant.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

What's your problem, I'm allowed to voice my opinion. I'm sorry I don't feel the same way you do about this topic.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Nicks.

16. Falco21

Dude its not that. You just keep posting the same negative ass shit over and over. You're making yourself look really bad. We get it, you don't like the signing. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but give it a break man.

17. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

So in three games his hammy can blow out and he'll be a waste of space.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yup and that's what people said when I bitched about the Holmes contract to.

19. Falco21

Oh man. Then we better start listening to you and calling Idzik to let him know Soxxx was right about Holmes and now he doesn't like the Decker signing. Is there any way he can retract the contract? Oh no!!!

20. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

You probably had to wade through a lot of bullshit first. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.