Eric Decker Officially a New York Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ctjetsguy, Mar 12, 2014.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Having the NY media in your face every day for 5 months is a different kind of pressure than taping some reality tv show, no comparison. I hope he's equipped too, but you never really know until an athlete goes through the NY experience how he's going to respond.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Such a bad signing, Broncos fans laughing at us right now, this is what they said about this guy back in November....

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/

The 1985er likes this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm not sure about that.

Your interaction with the media, as a football player, is scheduled. You know when you are going to be interacting.

With a reality show, you have cameras installed in your home as well as a live crew following you. You get accustomed to being around cameras and people you aren't familiar with. This comfort ability transcends reality TV. I believe it would be applicable.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I cant wait to see this guy whine for pass interference after every dropped pass.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

How badly do you want Decker to fail? So sad to read your posts.

6. Spiedie Gonzales

Well, this is a way to start the day!

7. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

God most of you people suck. I'm as pessimistic as the next jets fan, but he's better than every WR & TE we have on the squad, so WTF are you bitching about?!

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I like the signing, let's not forget we are trying to become a balanced offense, the jets don't need to depend on their passing offense like the broncos.

The parts they are putting in place highlight a good passing offense with emphasis on the run.

If they can put up at least 24-27 points a game with their running ability and their defense, they will make the playoffs.

If the passing game can win them a couple of games or sustain some drives this team will be successful.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Great job now let's keep it going

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Fans whine that the Jets need WR's. The Jets sign the best WR available at a fair price. Fans whine that the player isn't the best receiver in the league.

This signing helps the Jets at a fair amount; whether he isn't an elite number 1 is completely irrelevant. they didn't pay him like one.

babyknight and nyjunc like this.
  11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Just got on the board and haven't read any of the reaction to the Decker signing so seeing some of the crap spewed here is too funny.

Very solid signing. Not sure how anyone could complain about it.

Geez.

_

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I prefer the approach of having an offense with a 'good' receiving core, a 'good' running game, a 'good' oline, a 'good' TE tandem, and a 'good' QB.

Having a well rounded team in all 5 phases means you can ALWAYS take what the defense gives you. You're never forced to throw to your blocking TE 10 times because your superstar receiver has been shut down by Revis. With a well rounded offense you will always have someone good to hand off to or throw to, which means yards.

Also, having a well rounded team makes in-game changes much easier. If the Defense is keying on your 'good' running game you can easily bring your 'good' TEs or 'good' WRs into the mix without substituting or missing a beat.

That being said, Decker / Nelson / Kerely / Hill & Rookie off the bench is a 'good' receiving core. And Ivory / Powell / Goodson is a 'good' running core. So turn our attention to the TE tandem and the OLine. Make them 'good' too.

Geno was not 'good' last year and is on his own to possibly become good this year and hopefully 'good+' next year.

I like the way Idzik is building us up....so far.

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmao

Amazing. Four to five months ago we were all sitting here bitching and moaning that we have no weapons and the worst receiving core in the league. Now, we go out and sign Eric Decker, one of the top receivers last year, for just over $7 million a year and we have fans bitching that he is not a number one and that he isn't very good.

You people are complete fuckin morons. We had no receivers worth a damn two days ago. Bitching about us signing the best receiver on the FA market? Really? What a dumb ass fan base lol

14. nyjunc

it's pretty good now and this team is far from finished. we will add more in FA and the draft

15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Exactly how I feel. Surprised at all the negative posts on getting Decker.

16. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

Im totally dumbfounded by this reply. EVERYONE in the NFL is at least 'good' , so I don't see your point. The key to winning is coaching and scheming to fit personnel's strengths, communication, and chemistry within. "Good" is the baseline and has nothing to do with it imho.

17. nyjunc

He's talking about talent, we haven't had good WR talent since 2010 and he's saying we don't need one area that is great, he wants a balance team.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

In "real" life I am generally thought of as a negative/cynical person but compared to many of the posters on this board I am the worlds biggest ray of sunshine.

We just went some way to addressing our biggest need by signing the #1 ranked WR available in FA for a reasonable sum. We will no doubt look at WR again in the draft (probably a couple of times).

We also just signed a reasonable RT dealing with Howards departure.

WTF are people whining about?

19. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

I know exactly what he's talking about. You didn't clarify anything. As I stated earlier there is no less than 'good' on any NFL Team. If you were to play any team's Long Snapper in a game of football, they would destroy you, and your response would be something like this: Damn he's 'good'.

#179 NyJet4Life, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  20. Mangold Goldman

Why are u so upset?? Because you cherry picked some posts from some spoiled Broncos fans? We paid high end number 2 wr money to a high end number 2 wr. ...

We need to give Geno some reliable targets to see what the hell we've got in him... this was a good first step

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk