Eric Decker Officially a New York Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ctjetsguy, Mar 12, 2014.

1. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. Certainly helps put things in perspective and it seems like the price is fair for Decker (perhaps a little skewed in his favor). Of course, if the terms of the deal condition some of the money on performance and snaps, it'll new much more favorable to the Jets.

Either way, the WR corps has immediately improved. Good stuff.

Sent using Tapatalk

2. Orange Habit

Orange Habit Member

Seeing some of the posts, here's some more input I can give from seeing him in Denver:
    --Decker is very physical. He's not afraid to get dirty and lay out some blocks if he's not targeted. He'll be able to handle the bigger corners very well.
    --He is not a slot receiver. The Broncos occasionally used him there but that was McCoy and Gase being creative. There's a reason why they signed Welker. Put him at X or Z.
    --When there are so many targets to choose from, it's difficult for any of them to be "difference makers". And I truly do not believe that Peyton Manning inflated his numbers. If anything, Decker and crew may have made Manning's numbers a little better--just enough to make history.

Finally, now that preliminary numbers are out, it looks like the Jets got a steal. Sometimes a position is down in free agency for no good reason. Again, I'm really going to miss him, and I think you will considerably like him.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ny Decker,enjoy it while it lasts,one dropped ball and you'll be on the back page of the Ny post

4. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

7 mil a year for a solid #2, I can live with that.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

More accomplished and a better player, but I have to admit that I'm getting the similar uneasy feeling I got with the McCareins deal. With McCareins it was much more severe as I HATED the trade and contract. I see a lot of potential hinderances to him being successful: no Peyton, new system, becoming a #1, Denver to NY, reality show...etc. Hope I'm not right twice.

6. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight man. How do you feel about pushin all your chips to the middle of the table with your recent signings? Worried about the cap in a few years or nay?

7. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

And welcome to the big show Decker.

8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

well, lets just see what the numbers say, likely there will be an out where cutting him is more affordable than keeping him in the 4th year on.

What matters is what he's guaranteed, as once the majority of that is gone theres no cap risk at all.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yes, I think we got a steal. He's getting paid abt the same as Brian freakin Hartline.

10. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

How can anyone be mad?
    We got better player for less than Holmes..who also happened to be a nightmare personality. Shit, he's cheaper than Hartline!!!

Class guy, fairly tall, good hands, good price, young age...

Sheesh

12. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

I know this is off topic but you have the best profile picture on here, definitely. I die laughing every time I see that scene in South Park :D

13. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

He's getting paid 1A receiver money so it wasn't a bad deal at all for us. I'm sure most of it will be backloaded and Idzik will cut him before his cap numbers get too high. Worst case we cut him after year 3 and we're only on the hook for 6 mil of dead money from the signing bonus.

14. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Decker better take his 87 from Cumberland.

15. JamesHasty02

JamesHasty02 New Member

is it me or does this reek of Mathew Hatchette ?

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Decker will be the 18th highest paid WR in the NFL in terms of APY at the moment. The people closest to him in the rankings are Steve Smith, Marques Colston and Steve Johnson. He's being paid pretty much what you would expect given his status as a good #2.

17. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

And that's a year (or more) after every other contract was signed. With a higher cap ceiling across the league, prices can only go up; luckily we've locked him down for 5 years.

18. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

How? Hachette had never had more than 16 catches or 216 yards when they signed him. Decker is coming off back-to-back 85+ catch, 1,000+ yard seasons.

19. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

@Cumberland87: Welcome to the Jet Family @EricDecker87! About that #87 though... #JetLife

Cumberland give it up

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I hope he proves me wrong but I'm not happy about this signing.