2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

In spite of all the receptions and TD's he had with Tebow/Orton?

2. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

This ... I have not heard anything as far as us being interested ... I've heard other teams but not us in any reports... Maybe this is why we supposedly have a ton of interest in bradley roby at 18 from Ohio state ... I would hate that pick but think about it...

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Just keep this in mind folks, recievers that cost 5.5-8 million:

-Roddy White
    -Steve Smith
    -Stevie Johnson
    -Antonio Brown
    -Mike Williams
    -Anquan Boldin
    -Reggie Wayne

So again you believe Decker is in the same category? If so sign him for that much, if you dont believe he is the same category then dont sign him. I see #1 WR's on that list for the most part, if you think Decker is a #1 then sign him. Id take any of those guys above when they originally signed their contracts before Decker, assuming they are healthy.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

check what Tate did pre Wilson and even with him. I like Tate but if you are going to use the QB made the WR argument it looks much worse for tate than Decker

5. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

7. nyjunc

it doesn't work that way, those guys signed deals years ago(except Boldin who is old)= now), either way I'd put him the category w/ those WRs outside of Wayne.

8. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

Why does it matter there are ok reports we are interested in revis?

There were no reports the Bucs and saints were interested in Verner and Byrd

9. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

Also supposedly we were at Alabamans pro day today ... Haha Clinton-Dix? ... I hope not lol

10. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I thought they had to release him today. Whoops.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So did I and I know they do so that makes no sense. They have to pay him 1.5M and give us a 3rd if he is on their roster tomorrow..makes no sense at all. LaCanfora is on dope.

12. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Not to mention Denver had a boat load of good receivers I think if we go with Decker and he at that point would be the only threat on our team... I wouldn't expect the same numbers.

I think Tate can be had at maybe a 3 or 4 year deal while Decker will want 5 or 6

13. nyjunc

he's not going to have the same #s but he's going to be a big upgrade over what we had and he's going to take pressure off Kerley.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who said we have the hots for Roby? There's no way he'd be the pick at #18. Based on what I've read, he's probably not even a first round pick, but rather a 2nd round pick. Gilbert I'd take at #18 in a NY minute if the top WRs, Ebron and OLBs were gone., Roby, no freaking way.

15. Jetsfansince95

He had 600 yards in the year prior to Manning which went up to over 1000 with Manning.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That's not how it works. The receivers in this FA will set the market for their price. Nobody's been signed yet so nobody really knows the market. You can't compare salaries that way or players

17. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Accordong to ESPN The conditional pick headed to the Jets is a fourth-round selection in 2014, but could become a third-rounder if Revis is on Tampa Bay's roster on the third day of the 2014 league year

Does that mean if he is on the team tomorrow its a 3rd of if he is on the team after 4 tomorrow

18. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

i agree ... That's why I said I would hate the pick ... I read they had dinner with him and everything and that our scouts were all over him at his pro day ... Just something to keep an eye on as to why we haven't done shit at corner ... But I would absolutely hate the pick too

19. Jetsfansince95

Is he an upgrade sure 100 % a janitor would be an upgrade over what we had last year. I just think the price for the value won't add up :)

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

The way I look at it is we have had arguably the worst receiving core over the past few years and now where all bitching about Decker? A big receiver who gets into the end-zone more then anybody we've had even with fk'n Tim Tebow and Kyle Orton throwing him the ball...Lmao you guys are crazy, but I love the passion. Decker may not be a true #1 receiver but he's for sure a really good #2 and you know what we need a 1 and a 2, we can use all the help we can get... If the price for him isn't too high, then let's get it done, guys a very good receiver.