2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Me saying Decker sucks was a little too much on my part. However, I've already stated why I don't want him here no need to beat a dead horse.

Going4TheGreen likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Methinks you need to stick the jungle, Tarzanboy. Nothing about trading Revis for 2 picks last year, then turning around and giving one of those picks back to get Revis again is smart. In fact, it's totally stupid, and would show that Idzik has no business being the GM in the NFL.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If we can get him at $7 mil, that's a good deal. Dunno that I would go for $8 mil.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

So he lost a step and put up 800+ yards? That doesn't make sense.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Id like Decker locked up for 7 million a year then we can move on to sign Tate, Jones or Pitta. A lot of people have been complaining about not signing any D players yesterday like they forgot about our garbage offense.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

NFL Access ‏@NFL_Access 6m
    Browns, Raiders, Patriots, Falcons, Eagles, and Giants are the teams that were reportedly interested in trading for Darrelle Revis

I'd rather he go to the Pats than the Giants

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Lost a step physically... if you didn't see it then you weren't watching hard enough.

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

r u nuts?
    I dislike the giants too but i dont want him twice a year... Fuck the Pats in the ear too

9. Tarzanboy

Tarzanboy Member

If it keeps Revis off the Pats...I'm for it. I won't lose sleep if it doesn't happen. All I want out of Free Agency is Ben Tate or Sproles and a decent receiver. I think Millener isgonna be OK so I'm not worried about CB.
    Are you saying we shouldn't touch Revis? If we should go after him before they cut him, then where do you draw the line?

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight. We want Idzik to overpay for an average CB that doesn't fit our system but not the best WR available which helps fill our biggest need because he is not a #1 WR, as if they are ever available in FA.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

so youre saying other teams will cover our best receiver with their best CB? Hmmmmmm I guess we better not lineup any receivers then

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with Decker was that he was literally invisible in the Super Bowl, the biggest stage the NFL has. And that was with Peyton Manning at QB and a million other weapons to draw people away from him. Of course, we have to credit Seattle's great defense, but it would have been nice to see Decker make a difference.

13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Decker is probably a $5-5.5M WR BUT to lure him in free agency you need to overpay a bit more (1-1.5 per more)... It's like that with ANY good FA... They always get a bit more... I don't understand why some people are so surprised by this????

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I see the retards are out in full force.

Donttasemebro likes this.
  15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

well he isn't going to the browns, cause he wouldn't take a pay cut, surprise surprise

16. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Ward was a damn steal and I never even read a rumor that Idzik reached out to him. Byrd was right in line with what he should have been and almost all the top FAs are gone or going. Instead of getting one of them and adding a similar WR at half the price, he's probably going to fail to bring in the best WR left and he let a young improving RT walk. This is a fucking bloodbath so far and unless some shockingly good moves get made soon I'll have lost most of my confidence in Idzik. But no, we're talking to MJD and bum QBs.

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Why doesn't the same logic apply to Revis?????????

18. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Some of you guys need to learn to relax..... Seriously try yoga or meditation, or just step away from the tv/computer for a while!

19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

This thread is. so. entertaining.

KWJetsFan and Donttasemebro like this.
  20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Howard is almost 27 and incredibly overpaid. We had the worst offense in the league but you want us to throw money at Defensive free agents? You put way too much stock into rumors and its shortsightedness like yours that led to us to being a losing team again.

Maybe we should be like the Browns and Redskins and sell out for the big names and see where that gets us.