2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well I just got owned. My only defense to that is Nicks was probably going against Sherman who is the best, Decker didnt go against Sherman if I recall.

Bottom line I just got owned.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Amen to that. I never realized we had so many dumb fans.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Okay so follow me now. Decker put up okay numbers with Tebow and Orton with you focusing on TD's and yards. So playing with Peyton as opposed to playing with Sanchez and Geno doesn't count for anything?

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't know what their YAC is but Decker has clearly been the bigger playmaker.

Sherman gets all the publicity but Seattle is great in coverage as a team. great pass rush and great team D w/ the LBs and DBs. Sherman w/ us wouldn't be nearly as good.

5. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I say we sign TO and Ochocinco on the cheap. BOOM! Instant WR corps!

6. nyjunc

his #s w/ Tebow/Orton were better than Kerley has ever put up and Mark is much better than Tebow/Orton.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why would they hate him? It's about paying him and having or not having money left over to pay a true number 1 if we don't draft one.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

That Earl Thomas is probably the best player in the secondary, imagine if we had him....

Jets1Zero likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Decker doesn't return punts for TDs. Kerley is more explosive with the ball in his hands. Kerley can do a lot of things on the field.

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

If we can add a guy like Decker we do it!! The guy brings a winning attitude (all he has done is win even before #18) great route runner and has strong hands.

We add a top WR talent in the draft and Kerley to compliment him and BOOM Geno has some legit weapons!

11. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Today should be a little bit more interesting we have some visits lined up that we know of. I wonder which DB's Idzik is looking at, still have Brown/Thurmond/Munerlyn available and Cromartie is always a fall back option.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This may go down as the worst thread in TGG history. "The season is over "after one day of free agency. "Let's spend money because we have it". Lets spend $10+ million on a CB - any CB- because because (I'm not sure why) . Let's get Revis at any cost and relive and revive that dysfunctional relationship with the NFLs #1 mercenary even though he will require $5 million more than he is worth and be unhappy with thAt amount next year. Let's make an average at best RT among the highest paid RTs in the NFL. But let's not sign a receiver to help our young QB when the Jets had the worst skill player talent in the NFL because we have Nelson, I give up. I'll check back with you idiots in May when the roster is set. This thread is worse for your brain than some mind altering drugs .

13. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Duuuude - deep breath. Just read for entertainment purposes. I promise you no TGG poster has a Bat-Phone to Idzik's war room, or has one of his family members hostage.

Actually I take back the last sentence - I can't be sure about that.

14. NCJetsfan

If it turns out that is what Idzik's doing, then I will join the list of people blasting him and if I don't think he's improving the team or missing opportunities to, then I'll want him fired, but right now we have zero evidence of that. We don't know what his plans are. As Bradwaysux (I refuse to try to remembers all the dumb numbers interspersed) said Idzik could be planning on moving some of Brick's, Mangold's and maybe other players' money into this year to create more cap space for future years. He might be planning on extending Mo and Kerley now. Why don't we wait and see how FA and the draft plays out? If the Jets sign Giacomini, it could be a downgrade, it could be a wash, or it could be an upgrade. There's a lot we won't know until the players take the field.

Jets1Zero likes this.
  15. OverloadBlitz

MJD could be a real wild card for us, if his foot is healed up he is a real difference maker. Some TE's we can look at are Owen Daniels/Ed Dickson/even Dallas Clark on a 1 year vet min.

16. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

we just got rid of a lazy player in holmes who was a bad teamate..you dont see the giants even trying to bring him back for cheap

17. NCJetsfan

I totally agree. I'm disappointed and disgusted by the posts of many. Please stick around. We need some intelligent posters to counteract all the others.

18. nyjunc

um, Decker had a 90 yd PR TD.

19. OverloadBlitz

It's starting to look like Ware is heading to a SB contender so we should be looking at a Shaun Phillips or even Lamar Woodley for the right price.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This is where we disagree. He's NOT an upgrade. We need a number 1 receiver or something close to that. Decker is a number 3 receiver and a number 2 at best. Nicks is a number 1 receiver he had the responsibility of being THE guy day in and day out. He had to face the other teams best CB every week. And he thrived. That is what we need a proven guy. Not some fly by night receiver with inflated stats playing with Peyton. There is a reason Denver is letting him go. When you have Peyton he can make anyone effective. No loss for them and in the process some sucker team is gonna sign him thinking he's gonna do what he did in Denver.