2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Hes a JAG? He's a 3rd WR? Really? You obviously dont watch much football.

2. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

Bro do u even know what we would be paying him ... Wait and see before u keep bitching lol

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Why is every one assuming Decker is gonna be our number one option?Free Agency isnt over yet the draft hasn't happend and either has training camp

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Decker would be a good addition to the team for the right price. Of course he's not a #1 WR, there is not #1 WR in the FA. Just make sure his wife comes to the games and she MUST get screen-time every home game ;)

5. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

there are no #1 recievers are you one of the people who want sanders? he was a 2-3 in pitt.. tate was a 2.. nicks stats compared to cruz makes him a 2.. james jones was a sure 3..

i mean....

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Orton started 5 games and Decker had close to the same numbers in 5 weeks that he put up for the rest of the season. So what does that tell you?

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Overrated stat in regards to Hakeem Nicks. Hes not a redzone type of guy, he is great for the long passes which he had the last two years. Decker will not stretch the field the way Hakeem Nicks has and will continue to do.

8. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Do you really think that Idzik is the only one negotiating? This is Decker's biggest chance at the pay day that will set his family up forever. He is going to point to his numbers and it would be petty of Idzik to say "pfft...Peyton bro"

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

While I would be behind signing Decker, I must point out that this post is incorrect.

Kyle Orton started the first five games of the 2011 Broncos season. Four of those TD's were in those games. With Tebow starting, Decker did okay at first, but went the last five games of the season without a single TD.

Decker also had 22 receptions in the five games Orton started, a 4.4 per game average. In the nine games Tebow started, Decker had 22 receptions, too, for only a 2.7 average.

Of course you would expect any receiver to do better with Orton, who as anyone who knows the situation was run out of town by Tebots, but was the better talent passing the football.

Just wanted to clear that up.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Pretty much my point on Howard. Being frugal is nice in concept but at some point you want to plug holes with talented guys, not bargains.

_

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

WE NEED PLAYMAKERS!!

If that means we have to pay Eric Decker $7 million, then so be it. Everyone fuckin bitches that we spent no money and signed no one. We are making a move to sign a quality WR and now everyone wants to say that's too much money and we don't need him Lmao

This fan base looks so fuckin clueless.

12. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i want you to tell me the wr you want them to sign.. please... who is your guy

13. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

This is so entertaining to read.

BTW, Decker schooled Verner for 2 touchdowns last season. I'm sure some of these people bitching about Decker were also bitching about not getting Verner.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Unless you're getting Calvin Johnson or AJ Greene who in their right minds would draft a receiver and then make him the number 1 in his rookie year? More than likely Decker would be our number 1 receiver. Because Kerley/Nelson/Hill/rookie aren't going to be the number 1's.

15. LongIslandBlitz

Jets fans are amazing,Jeremey Kerley and Nelson are the only two Wrs on team and people are complaining about Decker.I hope we don't sign him and Clyde Gates ends up being our number 1 option see how you downers feel then

Going4TheGreen likes this.
  16. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think Manning made him better! He was better than any of our WRs last year with Tebow as his QB! Dont think he's a one trick pony...

17. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Of course! I'm sure his numbers will go down if the Giants don't fill his position with a quality player. That's the nature of the game. But why aren't they bringing him back?

Decker I can understand because they have Welker on a big cap number for the 2nd or 3rd option and the emergence of Julius. Not to mention Demaryius is playing like a top 5. Decker's numbers are on an upward trend. Can't penalize a guy for playing on a great offense. He still was a big factor. I hope we don't overpay if we do decide to get him but I won't be upset we didn't get Nicks.

18. LongIslandBlitz

If I was the GM id say screw the ungrateful fans we are starting Clyde Gates

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I get and mostly agree with your general point, but I think Howard was pretty mediocre down the stretch last year. I think the Jets have seen his ceiling. But yeah, I owuld not have been too upset if they had signed him, either. It's just not a big loss to lose him.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I'm sick of hearing this whole "upgrade" nonsense. You dont upgrade for the hell of upgrading, the Jets could trade the entire draft right now for Larry Fitzgerald, would that be an upgrade at WR? **** yes, does that mean we should do it? HELL No.