2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Extremely debatable at this point, I'd say. And he's injury prone.

2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

guys like i said.. were not looking at him to be a #1... hes a good football player.. hell be a good locker room guy, a leader.. he wont be a diva witch is what the offense needs

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

What Super Bowl catch do you speak of?

Secondly the majority of Decker good numbers in '11 came when he was being thrown to by Orton who is a competent QB by the way.

Nicks worst year was 692 yards in 13 games in 2012, and Nicks put up 800+ yards in one of Eli's worst seasons. Give me a guy that can be effective despite not having stellar QB play.

5. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

Alright bro we get it ... Let's see what we sign him for before ragging on the guy ... Are u still going to be complaining if it's below 6m a year? Idzik drew a line in the sand with Howard and seems like he knows what he is doing as far as not overspending on anyone.

6. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Who are we replacing Howard with? Who are we replacing colon with? Who are we replacing Holmes with? Who are we replacing Cro with?

I'm not a sky is falling type of fan, but that right there is the entire right side of the line (IMO we don't have the players on the roster now to fill), a starting WR on an already thin corps, and the #1 corner in a statistically weak secondary from 2013.

But hey, glad we snagged nick folk! The jets need to address some holes today without overpaying. Serious questions, who is the best RT left in FA? Guard? I'm the most concerned about the o-line

7. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Decker produced better stats with Tebow than any of our receivers have the last 3 years here. He will be a great player/mentor if were lucky enough to get him.

Those who think he will be the only new receiver on the team are just crazy. We will add at least 2 more.

YOYOYO likes this.
  8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

With Holmes gone and Hill very shaky, the Jets need two quality wideouts this off season, whoever the Qb is. It makes sense to get one in FA and the other in the draft.

There is no clear FA option superior to Decker, imo. The knock that Decker only put up good numbers with Manning is not really accurate, and in any event is the same thing you can say about Edelman. Even Nicks was having big numbers with Eli playing better than he did last year.

They have Decker in the building. Sign him so that other holes can be focused on. This is not panic, it's just moving forward effectively.

9. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

Rt will most likely be filled by breno giacomini who is visiting with us today ... And pro football focus did have him rated better than howard last year and we will obviously pay him less than howard if we sign him ... So we will see

10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I kind of checked in a couple times yesterday and was a little shocked we didn't lock up Howard...but not super shocked. I'm GLAD they didn't overpay for anyone on day one...that would have pissed me off more than getting some supposed "blue chip" FA. To be honest, other than a couple of the Franchised guys I personally do not feel any of the available players were a solid lock to alter any franchise. I most certainly do not know WHAT the Browns and Broncos are THINKING... By the way...did Revis actually get released? It's early here and I THINK I saw that...let his ass sit a while and think about that ridiculous ass $16 million number. Aquib Talib has got to be the most overrated corner out there right now...that is if you can get him to play a full 16. Just stupid.

Having said that, I agree with some that we should try to bring in, at reasonable dollars, Decker and Edelman et. al...number TWO WR money...not number ONE dollars. See how the FA QB market shakes out and see what happens with Revis, keep Cro on standby and enter the draft cash rich. That money can be used down the line to lock up Mo' and a few other of our OWN guys...which always seemed to elude the Jets in decades past. All in all...not a bad day one!

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

FA isn't a day old.

jetsclaps likes this.
  12. nevbeats319

i mean if the colts signed decker they would be jumping around like there going to win the super bowl and over here everyone is complaing

13. The 1985er

What's debatable? Nicks is more explosive, doesn't drop as many passes as Decker, has proven to be able to hold his own against top CB's. Nicks was relied upon to be the number 1 option and has thrived in that role. Decker is a number 2 receiver at best.

14. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

@CoachNolan64: I would say Giacomini is a very similar player to Austin Howard in that they have slow footwork but don't let up too many big plays

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Howard leaving looks worse because RG is also unsettled, but it would have been a mistake to overpay him. They would have had to overpay to keep him, although we may see tackles going for bigger money than expected this FA period.

16. nevbeats319

for the people who say hes only good because of manning.. look who led the nfl in catches last year....

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

18. The 1985er

If Decker comes to the Jets he'll be exposed. I guarantee it. The guy is not that good. Obviously I hope he proves me wrong but he was a product of Peyton.

19. DoubleDecker87

People have to chill out with Nicks. I would love to see him in green and white but there is a reason he is only going to get a one year deal. And that is because he was awful last year and can't stay on the field. Stephen Hill had more TD's then him. He hasn't proved that he is a number 1 either the past couple years.

20. DoubleDecker87

Product of Peyton? What about the stats he put up with Tebow?