2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I disagree. The beauty of it is that there weren't any great options to begin with. Everyone was so caught up with Verner, Byrd, and Vontae Davis. They're not really that good, and those are the players you're hitching your wagon to for 4+ years at or over market value. I'm glad to see them all off the table. If we never sign a player outside the organization on Day 1 of free agency again, it'd be a good thing.

2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Yea until Kyle Wilson trots out there as our #2.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

He could be visiting the Giants...just saying!!

4. John

John Active Member

i would love decker i am not saying hes the sole answer jjust him alone but hes young and if we keep building at wr hes a very nice piece to have

5. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qVN

He will be a Jet by the end of the day.. If we can also get Sanders I would be very happy... We shall see.

6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

He'll not be paid more than a #2, which is what you say he is. Idzek knows what he's doing.
    Let all these tit teams bring in expensive FAs, this time next season is hopefully when we really need to be making a splash

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, the cost for Decker is the key..he is not worth more than 4M a year tops. Most GMs even consider him a 3 and not a 2.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Idzik isn't going to overpay for Decker. Decker wants the brinks truck to back up to his front door.

10. Tarzanboy

Tarzanboy Member

Dude, we were in the playoff hunt last year until the next to last week...that's a definition of CONTENDING!

11. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I have faith but it is a bit confusing. While none of the DBs were elite several were Damn good. We have put ourselves in desperate need at two positions while filling none. If we sign the tackle from Seattle http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...suing-former-seahawks-tackle-breno-giacomini/
    And Decker I don't think either is an improvement over Howard or Holmes. We still need a CB at that point and no one except Revis is out there that is better than Cromartie. Seems like we are making a lot of lateral moves with money to improve.
    It's still early but I hope we upgrade at atleast one position.

12. Don

I agree with all of that..one day in and with 40M to spend we became worse on both sides of the ball(I guess we became worse on defense when we cut Cromartie so that wasn't really yesterday). It's early but I'm not sure who is still out there that will make us improve.

13. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

decker has been my favoriote wr FA... if we get him for the price of a good #2... i think its a great signing and hell be perfect with marqise lee

14. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

If you don't think those 2 are an upgrade over Howard and Holmes then I don't know what to say.

15. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind getting Decker. Don't really care about MJD at all, like even the smallest bit. Not happy that we lost Howard, not for his sake in particular but now it's just another hole we have to fill somehow so that means we either reach into free agency and probably pay a premium for a less capable player or use a much needed draft pick that could have been used on one of our other many areas of need, oh and they are by no means guaranteed to be a starter either.

If we don't get out of today without signing a FA at at least one position of need I'm going to be pissed off.

16. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

If Lee is there, which I hope he is. I just worry we are taking a methodical approach and letting guys like Ward and Byrd sign reasonable contracts elsewhere that we could have easily afforded.
    Then we get some mediocre talent in Decker and Gio at tackle and hope to build from the draft. Well maybe the draft doesn't fall the way we hope and we can't fill those holes via draft picks. Maybe I don't want to go into 2014 with Milliner and a second or third rounder with no improvement at safety. I don't mind staying the same but letting Cromartie go now looks like a huge mistake. MJD, really? For what exactly? He's a little short and stocky to play corner or safety don't you think?

17. John

John Active Member

Why are you all so down on decker? I think he will be a great piece to add to our offense and he is SO much better than holmes

18. nevbeats319

ERIC DECKER IS VISITING WITH US TODAY PER PROFOOTBALLTALK

19. nevbeats319

be prepared for the media to say he sucks if he signs with us and if anybody else got him a no brianer deal

20. Don

He seems to be nothing more than another Nelson to me..he was the 3rd choice in Denver and would be the 2nd here. If he is cheap fine but all the rumors are that he wants to be paid like a number 1.