2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Some Breno Giacomini Tape.

Dudes definitely got a mean streak.

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Calm before the storm...?

3. SexyRexy11

SexyRexy11 Member

The 1985er likes this.
  4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

If we can get him for 5-6M per I'd do it.

nevbeats319 likes this.
  5. SexyRexy11

SexyRexy11 Member

5M per, sure why not. That's #2 money. I don't think he'll be had for any less than 9M per, and I've read that he's looking for 10.5M. If that's the case, Idzik needs to stay the hell away.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm worried about the CB position at this point. Verner and Talib are gone. I think Davis is going to sign with Indy. That leaves the Browns, Pats and us fighting for either Revis or Cromartie. I really don't like the idea of starting the season with Milliner (who finished strong and hopefully will continue progressing) and Kyle Wilson or a rookie, and I'm not all that thrilled about the remaining Corners in Free Agency. I like Captain Munnerlyn but I don't think he is a true number 1 corner.

7. SexyRexy11

SexyRexy11 Member

Davis resigned with Indy yesterday. Munnerlyn is good slot option but not what we need right now. Forget about Cromartie unless he comes back very, very cheap. The dude is deteriorating fast. I'm all for bringing Revis back to NY if he comes for 12M or less.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So we are like $60 million under the cap ? It's not like we can bank or save that money,,,should we not be spending some ?
    As far as Decker goes,,,Stephen A Smith brought up a great point yesterday he said that their is a warrant out for for Decker,,,yep police have been looking for him,,,,,,,,guy has been missing since the national anthem of the Super Bowl,,,,guy disappeared in the biggest game of his life with Peyton Manning throwing to him,,,,,I say he'll no I do not want him,,,lol,,,,,would rather have Tate out of all the FA,,,Wrs ,,,and damn if we don't need depth on the off line and secondary,,,,,,,we cannot expect rookies to fill all these needs and start immediately,,,,,,yep I am a little surprised we did not sign one body yet especially since we had all weekend to contact free agents. It's only day one, not panicking but I am concerned ,,,,if they are waiting on Revis , that could backfire as he will probably go highest bidder .

9. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I want Edelman, at the right price.

Somebody reliable who catches the ball and can worm his way for YAC. And no more 2-yard punt returns and Jeremy Kerley fair catches inside the 10.

Plus you take away Tom Brady's 2013 security blanket.

#2669 al_toon_88, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So we got completely shut out. Now we have a real urgency to get a RT and a CB. I guess Cro will be probably be back now as I'm not sure the Jets would ever get involved with Revis again.

11. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Just spent 2 hrs on a train reading this thread. The definition of madness is too repeatedly do the same thing and expect different results. We have had years of making big fa splashes and it hasn't worked so its time to give Idzik's method a chance. So far there is no evidence to suggest he doesn't know what hes doing and a defensive rookie of the year to suggest he does. Time to sit tight.

Would Revis joining the pats tarnish his jets legacy for most here?

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  12. al_toon_88

See reply below.

13. al_toon_88

Decker is a guy who can fairly consistently beat bad to average corners but struggles to win against anything better. Just watch the Super Bowl tape.

He's a good red zone target, but also has an issue with drops.

As a Jet, he'd be matching up every week against opposing teams' #1 CB.

I don't like the sound of that.

I don't want him and am afraid we will overpay. We should look elsewhere.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Toon,,,,,yep !

15. al_toon_88

5 M per is roughly what it would have cost to retain Austin Howard, your 2013 starting RT.

I would rather have overpaid slightly for a guy I actually want and who plays a more critical position than throw #2 WR money and a long-term deal at a guy I don't really want.

Besides, I think it will take 7M+ per to get it done.

#2675 al_toon_88, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  16. SexyRexy11

SexyRexy11 Member

Fair enough. I was just responding to someone else who said they would take him at 5-6M. Honestly, if he came for that price, you have to take it. He's an above-average #2, and 5M would be a steal. Not that this matters though, as he'll obviously demand far more.

17. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

What I've taken from interviews with the new Idzik regime, is that they’re ranking a player’s character just as high as their playing ability.

Eg. they’ve made it very clear that for the draft they’re putting a LOT of emphazis on getting players that play and behave Like A Jet. It’s been more or less just a slogan before Idzik arrived, but since then the character mold really seem to be a crucial aspect for Idzik.

A lot of our fans had a rough Day 1, but maybe none of the players we’ve “missed out on” yesterday were Like A Jet.

I think character is way more important to our FO than we fans pay attention to.

Maybe Decker’s character AND ability is something Idzik is willing to invest a lot of money in?

Tarzanboy likes this.
  18. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhh good morning..after freaking out last night waiting on the computer for the jets to get there corner..vented a little..got some sleep feel better now..calm...just gunna let idzik be idzik...within the next few days I think well all be happy...lets go

Dreadmadseen likes this.
  19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Isn't Nelson a carbon copy of Decker? Tall, good hands possession type receiver?

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

My concern is losing out on improving our secondary. It doesn't seem like there are too many great options left in FA.