2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. facch

facch Active Member

How could signing Revis not be the Jets top priority, where else do you spend the money/aquire the talent that they are able to with Revis?

2. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

The Broncos are gonna suck in a couple of years... They better hope Peyton gets them a Super Bowl soon.

3. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

I also truley believe that Revis would not play for Bellichick. He has always expressed a true dislike for him.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Somebody would make it up to have something to sell. Why is it so far-fetched? Because MJD is getting old for a RB and his skills are diminishing. He's not the kind of piece you add too a rebuilding team because he's not likely to be around in 2015 and 2016.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We have the 4th most cap space in the league even without cutting Sanchez yet,we have to many holes to just simply rely on only the draft.What's saving money gonna get you ,you must be confused Idzik signed guys like that last year because we had no cap space

6. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i hate to say this… revis is going to be a fucking pat..kill me..
    with the junk wr's were going to have anyway they would shut us down with logan ryan as there top corner...

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

thanks..in Idzik we trust

8. facch

facch Active Member

If the Jets signed MJD before making any other move I think that send the wrong message.

9. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Going by his unlikely scenario, it would be Captain playing the slot as he has the size for it.

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He'll inquire I think Idzik will set a price and Revis will have to either take it or leave it.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  11. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Uh who ever the hell we got to play the slot. You say that like if he wasn't playing the slot no one could have.
    He has gotten better but his first two years were not the funnest to watch,

Kyles abilities would be much better suited playing the FS position and his weakness's
    would be much less of an issue with the play being in front of him consistently,

12. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Or teams will just target the middle of the field again and beat us like they did when we had Revis?

13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Idzik's taken the silent assassin approach... Which is probably the best way 2 go about it.

Everyone chill the F' out, we got this... It's always calm before the storm...

14. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

He's 28 and has less carries then a guy like Adrian Peterson has. The guy most likely still has a couple years of good football left.

15. Br4d

The Jets let Revis go because they felt his continuing salary demands were going to hinder their ability to compete. There was bad blood involved, and an injury as well, but basically the Jets didn't want to pay a premium price for a CB. Last year they renegotiated Cro coming off his best season such that they wouldn't have to pay a premium for him in 2013. Then they let him go in 2014 when the premium came due. I don't think the Jets are looking to create an expensive defensive backfield. I think their sights are set elsewhere.

16. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

You guy have Revis on the the brain. Tomorrow your going to be feeling like I'm feeling tonight, when Revis signs with another team. (shame)

17. Br4d

So you're saying the Pats are paying for overkill with Revis and they'd be better off putting money into the defensive front to stop our running game?

18. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Then sign Captain or DRC or bring back Cro.

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He'll sign guys once the market is set. Some guys original asking price may drop. That is when Idzik will bring in guys. I bet TGG will be disappointed in those signings but we're building a team. We're not where we need to be yet. I like this approach.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree here. After last year it is completely obvious that a corner is a must in Rex's defense. Our front seven was insane but we got torched with the deep ball. This league has turned into a huge passing league. The only way to stop that is a consistent pass rush and a solid corner/backfield. Revis is the best corner in the NFL.

That bad blood was because this team was in cap hell. We are completely out of that hell and have money to blow right now. Signing Revis would benefit everyone. He would make our secondary a ton better and he, paired with Reed, would be a HUGE mentor for Millner and the other young guys. I think signing him now is a no brainer.