2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Profootballtalk.com is reporting we have serious intrest I'n MJD,not sure why, do we really need him?He is past his prime

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah the Pats might take a look at Cro and Revis now... CBs are getting paid, Revis might get close to 16 million

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

My reaction reading this forum right now...
    [​IMG]

Tarzanboy and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

at this point I don't care who says we have interest we have.. i heard we had interest in everyone and didn't sign any of them

5. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

If Rex wants Revis, we'll get Revis. I don't know why I believe that, but I just do. There has to be a reason we are sitting on 40 million. I think we are going to make 1 huge signing in FA then address the rest in the draft.

6. facch

facch Active Member

I was real skeptical about the Jets resigning Revis once news broke he would be cut, but it's hard to imagine they have a higher priority at this point than signing Revis. If we do miss out on Revis somehow, how does Cro/Woodley sound? There's plenty of talent to be signed. I'm antsy too, but you gotta give Idzik some time before you bash him.

7. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Aqib Talib to the Broncos. Word is the pats have major interest in Revis now....

8. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

That's an atrocious deal for Talib, and I was one of his biggest fans as a Patriot. I'm looking forward to seeing them in the AFCCG when his hip is acting up and guys like Tony Carter are forced onto the field. Denver will be in cap hell needing to pay Thomas/Thomas, Miller, Ward (whose deal was supposedly misreported and should be closer to 7, not 5.5), Talib, Clady, and they're still looking at the best pass rushers available, goodluck.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How would PFT know that we have serious interest in MJD?

That's not coming out of the Jets and MJD's agents wouldn't be buzzing about it if they were actually in contract negotiations with the Jets.

Sounds like pure bullshit to me.

10. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Yes, lets just keep making excuses for Idzik rather than just calling it how we see it, as it is now. Not how we THINK it will be tomorrow! How our teams looks right now!!

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just a guess but I doubt the Jets have any interest in signing Revis at this point. They're probably just hoping he winds up in Cleveland or Oakland or Philly so they don't have to deal with the BS media reaction if he goes to the Pats.

12. LongIslandBlitz

manish meta reported it first,why would someome make that up exactly?why is this so far fetched?

13. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I don't think the front office would be going down this road if they didn't think Revis would be coming tomorrow. I may be wrong, but that's the felling I have. He said he'd love to be back with the Jets, and that he never wanted to leave, tomorrow we will all find out how much truth was behind that.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Why would they have no interest? We have all the money in the world, Revis has said he would love to come back, we need a corner, he's the best corner in the league, knows Rex's system, and would keep him from signing with a divisional rival. The only thing I could see holding them back is bad blood but I don't think that is as bad as people think it is.

Going4TheGreen likes this.
  15. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Drc and Captain can both be had for the cost of revis and both will play very well in a heavy man cov defense.

Kyle can be pushed out to FS (where he should have been playing all these years)

Plenty left over for a HB/WR/Depth signings

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Or you just go to sleep and check the news halfway through the day tomorrow and see what happened instead of driving yourself mad waiting for answers. Judge Idzik based on what actually happens, not based on what hasn't happened yet.

17. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Do you think Idzik will go after Revis, though?

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I don't care if we don't do another damn thing, but we MUST sign Revis. This opportunity is a Godsend and Woody would be crazy to let it slip by. Sign Revis and our defense is immediately good enough to win the SB. Idzik can figure out the rest during the draft.

19. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

should have been playing all these years? then who covers the slot?

20. LongIslandBlitz

Doubtt it,Revis is still Revis and will take the best offer even if its 1 dollar more