2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Sorry I upset you......

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You were still overreacting. Just because others overreact does not mean anything

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Oh what do ya know... now the people that were bashing me for being angry about not signing one player is FINALLY going into their little mini panic mode.. Yall keep saying "No WR's or TE's have been signed yet" .. your right.. and were gonna wait till they all start gettting signed to show interest too late... Yall claim there's not alot of talent in the Free Agent.. ok then why the fckkkk are we letting the little bit that is there slide? Then yall say everybody is being overpaid.. NO the fuck they arent... only two players were legit overpaid. But im still wrong.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Then you should probably go read some of my posts before free agency started, realize you are in a losing battle, go have a coke and a smile, and let things happen.

Just let em happen man, stop fighting it. I know it's new, it's odd that we are doing things the right way for once, it will get easier though. Promise.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Who are the big winners in free agency today? The Browns? The Fins? The Bucs?

Do you really want to be in that competition with those teams? Think about it.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

What would make you think I was upset?
    Some touchy people on here lately

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

These are the same people that were popping bottles when we resigned Holmes and they are the same people who got all excited when we chased Nnamdi. Both those players were complete busts despite being regarded as the two best free agents in free agency that year.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

He'd say, yes indeed you are still over reacting. It's been a WHOLE SIX HOURS! IDZIK! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN MEEEEEEE!???? I expected Verner, Byrd, Howard, Sanders & Ware to be wrapped up by now? WHAT THE HELL?

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The OS would be made for me personally.
    So no.

10. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I'll admit I was panicking a little before. This was the same panic I felt when Idzik traded Revis and the same panic when we drafted Richardson. I'll trust Idzik to make a lot of smaller signings because we have a lot of holes, then he'll add the stars in the draft instead of overpaying them now.

11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I say let the Bucs cut Revis we still get a 4th and we let Rex drive to talk to him and get it done.

12. John

John Active Member

We are going the right approach guys, not one contender made a big splash today aside from broncoes getting ward

MoWilkNYJ likes this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Revis or bust. 12m. Done deal

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

They're also the front runners for Ware. I'd personally be happy with Asamoah, Strief (if Howard signs with Oak) and MJD.

15. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

You don't know this only your uninformed opinion

Trying to fill holes on this team is a bone head move or do you think we can fill them all in the draft or do yo think bottom barrel free agents can take this team to the next level?

I'm all for doing something different so far our team is full of mediocore talent at wr, db, ol, olb and some say qb. Do you see us bring in any upgrades at these positions for a visit like tomorrow?? I don't. Revis?? I'm not betting the farm are you? We are all waiting to see what Idzik does from here on out but right now I'm not thrilled!! Plus we lost a third round pick!!!

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Those top 4 CBs make me physically ill, especially just being a few years removed from Cro and Revis. Can we add guys? Sure! Can we burn picks on borderline starters instead of addressing other areas of need? Sure! The question is whether or not it is a good strategy.

Look, I am all for building through the draft but realistically not every pick you make will be a starter and we have more holes than we can fill through the draft. If we were in cap hell that's one thing but I would rather pay a guy worth $6 mil at $8mil over putting in a retread just because we need a body. You would get enough value over having a 3.5 star player over having a 2 star player.

17. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I think the Broncos know their super bowl window is gonna start closing when Manning leaves.

18. John

John Active Member

well Asamoah signed with falcons, so Strief would be a good pickup and i like ware a lot , i like mjd i just feel like we dont need him with ivory and powell but whatever works

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

[​IMG]

You can't just get everything you want in free agency. It doesn't work like that.

They said the same shit when they were looking for a GM. They said the same shit when Rex's extension didn't happen right away. People are just being a bunch of impatient whiners. There are still plenty of options, ya'll act like we already completely missed out on everyone. The god himself hits free agency tomorrow and Revis Christ shall rise again and save us all from damnation! Idzik loves us all and has a plan. Have faith in his plan.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but your IQ of 6 and your emotional maturity of a two year-old sure won't help us. Go root for another team
    Falling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off :cool: