2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Truth is, we struck out on Vontae and Asamoah. If Idzik gets too picky he's going to end up signing all backups. There is still Munnerlyn, Rodgers-Cromartie (thought he was retiring? heh) and of course the man we just said goodbye to because we thought we were getting Vontae, Antonio Cromartie. After those guys go, not many choices...

Truth4U2 likes this.
  2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Well Idzik's always has a fetish for RELEASED players, as opposed to guys whose contracts expired.

This means Ware and Revis to the Jets lol.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

He's a top 10 CB in the league right now. I hear what you're saying but the reason the Titans can't keep him is because he's not a Revis or Sherman level corner. He's a level below that which just happens to still be one of the better CB's in the game. With that said, the Titans have too many holes to fill right now to sign a big FA deal to any one player outside of whoever their QB is. Verner probably wasn't giving the Titans a hometown discount because he even said that he was tired of playing for a losing team. Maybe he forced their hand and both sides felt it was better to move on.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Don't listen to any of the "Jets are interested" sources. They're just trying to make news. I doubt the Jets are really interested in anybody until the first wave has passed and everything has died down.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

Aqib Talib anyone?

6. John

John Active Member

i really want decker now

7. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

He hit the nail on the head. He doesn't fit Rex's defense

8. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

There's no way we draft a corner in the first 3 rounds. For starters, we need a FS more than a corner, and we still have Milliner, Walls, and Lankster. My guess is that we end up with Cro or Munnerlyn.

9. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

You need to step way the fuck from the computer.

NCJetsfan and Tarzanboy like this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Would fit Rex's defense better than anybody who has signed today.

HardHitta likes this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I love Idzik so far.

Not only is he being incredibly smart, he is also silently putting a lot of our "lesser" thinking fans in check. They are losing their fucking minds, I can't stop laughing.

"Ahhhh, this guy, Idzik.. He's not doing anything? So.. WTF? I've never been so mad at this team, prior to this first day of free agency! In all of the past 40+ years of going without a Super Bowl, this day, day 1 of free agency, has got me the most worked up I have ever been!!!! Yarg!!!"

I mean, it's hilarious that we finally have someone doing the right things with this team, as of today, yet, people are losing their minds because we are not continuing to make the same bone headed moves we always do year in and year out, which never leads to a Super Bowl.

You can't keep doing the same dumb shit and expect a different result. People need to get on board with this, sooner the better, because the same shit we've done for the last 40+ years hasn't worked.

News Flash.

NCJetsfan, YOYOYO and FJF like this.
  12. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

We have a winner!

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

So, yeah...trying to figure out the plan at the moment. Letting key free agents go elsewhere even though they weren't getting crazy contracts (Verner and Byrd in particular), having piles of cap space available.

Right now only names I have seen us connected to are McCown (3rd on his visit list) and Vick. Whoooo!

I don't think we should pay a guy twice what he is worth but what's the point in having $30+ mil in cap space and just sitting on your hands watching teams with a fraction of your cap space snap up guys at positions of need?

NYJalltheway likes this.
  14. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Tired of playing for a losing team yet signed with the Bucs? Now that's funny

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmao

Have to agree with you here also. Watching these posters get pissed and lose their mind is fuckin priceless lol!!

16. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I really like Captain but for playmaking purposes I would keep him in the slot only where he can blitz and help with the run. He's a very solid jack of all trades type of corner. I don't like DRC very much I'd rather have Antonio Cromartie back.

17. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much baffled how NO was able to sign Byrd to a $54 million contract with $28 in guarantees. They're already close to being over the cap.

18. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Think about what we drafted last year in the first round.. A defensive end even though we just drafted 2 defensive ends the years before. You never know

19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Thinking the Jet fans have patience is the mistake. We are a very impatient fanbase sadly.

20. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

dude im not listening to anything these reporters are saying… they said we were interesed in everyone who got signed today

Jets1Zero likes this.