2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. John

John Active Member

i hope so too! and yes he said he would announce where he is going at 4pm

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

With that being the case, Lamar Houston would have been a good signing. I'm happy he wasn't signed, however. I think that is the area where Rex is effed up. I want OLBs with speed who can cover TEs and RBs and get after the passer. I'm sick of the slower, older, one-dimensional run stuffers that he seems to prefer.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Aggggh!!!! Goddamnit Idzik, buy somebody..anybody!!..just buy someone!!" LMAO.

Remember '12 when Buffalo won the off-season and were going to be THE most improved team?....THE team to watch out for?

Remember Miami winning the off-season last spring and being mentioned in some circles as possibly challanging NE in the AFC East?

And remember how they both ended up finishing behind the Jets, a team (stupidly) mentioned in some circles as the worst team in the league?

I can wait. What I can't wait for is Thursday, May 8th.

4. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

haha lamar houston would be awesome… when you don't have wilkerson, sheldon richardson or snacks

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Is CJ2K, Chris Johnson?

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It is extremely unlikely we would get a comp pick next year no matter who we lost in FA. To get a comp pick we would need to lose more FAs then we pick up. Given the $50 million in cap space we have along with all our needs it is likely we will pick up many more FAs then we lose.

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

This is for sure the worst day 1 in free agency history for the Jets. I know it's only day 1, and there were no elite locks out there in the first place, but we were all snubbed into believing we would be signing for sure 1, and probably multiple good players today. As it turns out, like the bad feeling I had last night, we haven't done jack shit. We're just going to sit around, lose our only good free agent, and be the SOJ. FUCK THIS.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

yes.

filler.

9. NYJalltheway

Part of the reason I was such a fan so fast of the Jets in the first place, is because unlike the Packers, the Jets actually have balls, and make bold moves. It's exciting. We've gotten close before, many times. This franchise has never had an elite QB, which as we all know, makes all the difference. I have always loved that we have actually made trades, done bold moves, and made an effort. I think the Packers have signed Reggie White when I was a kid, Charles Woodson, and Ryan Pickett. Yipee

10. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

I feel ya but I'm just more upset we couldn't lock-up Austin Howard. It was enough that both guard positions were in question, and we need to seriously revamp the offense. Feels like next year is just another rebuild. Hoping Idzik restores our faith by grabbing Verner and a RT before the night ends.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

FJF likes this.
  12. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Thank you

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It is very possible that Idzik has a plan in effect with Revis. Once he is cut, they strike a deal to bring him back. Could be why we haven't signed a corner yet. Although it is still weird that Verner is still out there

14. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

Going after Vick is saying Geno is our guy and we want a veteran to push him and help him along the way.

#2094 South J-E-T, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  15. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I know about the importance of a RT, but the Jets should aim to keep Howard or get one in free agency. I just don't like the idea of a RT in the first round. I've been in the draft forum before. I just don't have enough time to consistently post in that forum anymore, but I've been keeping up with this draft. I know that Martin is very solid, but I'd rather not draft an offensive lineman ever unless its a franchise LT.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yes

17. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Now Uche Nwaneri is meeting with the Bengals. Cmon Idzik he's like the only legit guard left at 30 or under!

18. thedrjay

thedrjay Active Member

Relax. The WR markets haven't developed at all which hopefully means the Jets aren't paying extra right now. The market was just set with the CB market. Cautious approach without overspending regardless of how much money we have this year. Allows the Jets to sign players to Tender bonuses instead of signing bonuses which means that money is only applied to this year's cap and not spread out over the length of the contract. Maintains cap flexibility for future years where we have to pay Wilk, Coples, Richardson, etc.

19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "snubbed" - everything that people were posting about singing free agents was pure speculation. Idzik and the Jets have been completely silent about what they are planning on doing, so no one should be surprised. We're watching the Idzik era unfold. He might be starting slow, but we're definitely going to be making some smart moves over the next few days/weeks.

20. NYJalltheway

That's what I said though. I'm pissed that now it looks like we're going to lose a good player on our bad offense. It pisses me off even more, knowing that he was nothing more than a journeyman when he got here. We made him something worthy, and now he's visiting OAKLAND? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I'm an extremely loyal person, (which is why I put up with this BS) I couldn't ever leave a team that made my career, and go to a shithole like that. How dare he interview with them in the first place. I'm honestly amazed, and never even for a minute thought he may leave us.