2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This is #1a on my wish list

2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

if decker is 5-6 a year… anybody want?

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Excellent blocker also.

HardHitta likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

For starters, Verner is still out there and Davis was overpaid by Indy. Would you have rather overpaid for Davis just so we can say we did something? That's not the smart/Idzik way of operating. Also, what top WR is out there that has already been signed? None. Edelman, Decker, Sanders, Nicks, Jones are all available. All in all: you're overreacting. There have been no impact signings ANYWHERE that we dropped the ball on.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Look at his career progression and remember that last year was his first prime year. I wouldn't be that surprised if he turned into a 70-80 catch a year guy in the right system with some other good moving pieces around him. He caught 93 passes his last year at Notre Dame with 15 TD's. He's established that if he gets in the right system he can be very productive.

HardHitta likes this.
  6. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Decker isn't a #1 WR, so you need more than just him. I live in Colorado, and watched him every week, when he gets doubled, he's a ghost.

7. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Yeah we are early in free agency...but all the teams with the most cap room have already made moves to improve their teams. Our best early moves are a kicker and a washed up 34 year old QB. No way we will match what the Raiders will throw at Austin Howard. I really think he's gone and what is any free agent's incentive to sign with us? We have a very questionable Oline if Howard leaves and no offensive weapons, and no secondary to stop passing teams.

8. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Jets on the sidelines yet again. Asamoah and Schwartz gone. Davis gone. TJ Ward gone

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

idk ppl on here acting like were just being impatient fans. LOOK AT WHAT OTHER TEAMS WITH MONEY ARE DOING! I knew deep inside idzik was gonna be this way and try not to spend alot.. draft and stop-gaps are his keys to success.

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Whats he ever done besides be pretty productive in a run heavy offense with a young QB?

Be one of the top YAC per reception guys in the league at his position. Have some of the best hands at his position.

Catch a great number of balls thrown in his direction. His percentage of passes caught was almost 70%.

And basically get better and better every year.

11. nevbeats319

i know..but 5-6 is #2 money… were not getting a #1 in free agency.. but at least he is young and productive unlike the rest

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

D-ware could be a nice signing. How could you possibly double him with Wilkerson Richardson and Harrison oh and Ellis on the line there. You can't double him and he's used to being double teamed all his career. Food for thought....

13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

and another thing thats bothering me is we are not the only team with alot of money. NFL network said more than half the league has 20M in cap space to use. so the longer we wait, the faster we lose out on anybody that can make instant impact,

unless of course we're in for another "experiment/rebuilding" year

14. nevbeats319

15. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Mike Mitchell to the Steelers and Anthony Collins OT visiting the Bucs. I guess we'll address RT and guard in the draft?

16. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

If it's a combination of Decker/Sanders, or Decker/Nicks I'd be ok with it.

17. nevbeats319

thats awful then well just have a bunch of 2s…not happening

Truth4U2 likes this.
  18. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of free agency, I believe in re-signing your own players and building through the draft......but geez, here we are swimming in cap space, needing a CB badly, over 2 hours into FA and still no new Jets?! ....wake me when we sign someone!

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

It' because you don't understand FA. Overspending on a player isn't going to make your team better. Mario Williams, Albert Haynesworth and numerous others haven't helped their team.

Most big splash FA signings have been failures...that's fact.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  20. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Overspending. Overspending like crazy. 10M a year for Vontae Davis!? Another 10M a year for Albert? The first day of free agency is the dumbest day of the year. Nothing but overspending. The only guy I would have liked at the money he got was Malcolm Jenkins at 5M a year. I would like to know who you would have liked on the Jets for the money they got. Just because you have the cap space to spend doesn't mean you should spend it. Contracts are longer than one year. None of the WR's have been signed, by far the biggest need for the Jets.

Charlie Kelly and WW85 like this.