2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

You have to wonder how many things said in a chat room are intended to create turmoil.

Jay Bizniss and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Less than an hour and a half to go until official stuff starts happening. Luckily I am done work at 3pm giving me lots of time to get home and get set up to see what happens!

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

All set up at my office.

[​IMG]

4. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

What are ur guys thoughts on possibly signing Edelman? Product of brady and NE system?

5. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Verner Vick and sanders would make this a solid free agency for us...Byrd would be preferred over all of them but I would be happy with those signings, unless of course cowboys release Demarcus ware! Then he's a guy we must look at!

6. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

He's a product of the system he can suceed with Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Manning and thats it.

7. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

He's a slot guy, not really the type of wr we need, but at this point, with our wide receivers I'd him as long as we don't break the bank for him.

8. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

Yea I feel same way haha ... Pretty interesting that he may now leave NE

9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i think he is a talented player, but is inflated heavily by brady and that system. i mean what quick slot guy hasnt been great there?

Brown, Welker, woodhead, Edelman... these guys all were excellent in the slot. i mean even when amendola was healthy last year he had some big games. if he came here i think he would just be an ok player. like welker was in miami

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Address the WR issue first, with Holmes gone this team is now completely devoid of good Wide outs. Bring in someone please!

1)Nicks
    2)Tate
    3)Sanders

Get one of em please

11. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

I actually read something saying he lined up outside more than in the slot last year for patriots

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This, and back in the day when Welker got hurt, Edelman came in and actually did better than what Welker did. It kinda tells me its all the system, and the QB making the passes.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think Kerley would have exactly the same type of production if he was in New England. He's a scrub who happens to be in the right place. I'd stay far far away from him. He's basically Deion Branch

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 4m
    i'm still hearing NY Jets in the mix for receiver James Jones along with NY Giants, Miami Dolphins and a fourth team...Detroit Lions no more

15. jerseyjay14

im donw with verner. i dont want vick but thats for the dog stuff not his onfield play. Ware is 31 and has declined a bit. not sure that would be a great signing. Sanders if he came dirt cheap id take, otherwise id prefer rookies or younger guys.

16. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

I have a strong feeling we are going to push for a QB and then finally release Sanchez. We have to be holding onto him until we sign someone because there is no way he should be on the team...the distraction alone would not be worth it...Vick or McCown would be nice

17. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

@AdamSchefter: Cowboys DE DeMarcus Ware is currently meeting with the team. His future is in the balance....

18. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

If Edleman leaves The Patriots, and we have a solid off-season/draft, then in my opinion, we can compete for the division.

19. jerseyjay14

would rather we stay away from guys like jones... not sure how much of his play had to do with rodgers/their system and he had just 1 big year. would rather go the super cheap/draft route on WR's and sure up the D, lines, and run game and work on WR through the draft the next 2 years

20. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers 9m
    don't know if this has been out there since twitter broke. hearing Dansby to Browns, 4yrs/$24m. $10m year 1, $14m guaranteed.

And they are almost done signing Whitner... and trying to go after Revis.... WTF