2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

The only thing I will say is that even though I think Verner is the better corner, Davis fits our man to man scheme more. Either way I'm sure will one of them (maybe even Revis potentially)

I'd be alright with either player, although Davis tends to have lapses in judgement sometimes like Cro.

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I think either would do fine. What I don't understand is the need to let Cro go before signing another CB. Why not sign first and then release him, was there a bonus due?

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Doubt it. Too much money to invest at one position when there is so many we need.

4. Jets4eva9011

Lol, is this a joke?

Where exactly will Milliner play? He isn't a slot corner, and he won't be moved there after we drafted him with the 9th overall pick.

5. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

That's awesome you got the DT reference. Love that series. But yeah heard that Carroll saw the potential in Malcolm Smith from his USC days, though Malcolm is pretty average I think even though he played really well in the playoffs. Seems like we're all pretty giddy for when the market opens...reports saying we're interested in James Jones which I like but he wants to play for a surefire quarterback and offense and I'm not sure he'll come to us unless we make a nice offer

6. Jets4eva9011

I guess you missed how well he played down the stretch. Also, considering he was drafted 9th overall just a year ago, he would have still been safe regardless.

Is that you, Mike Tannenbaum?

7. Jets4eva9011

I recently downloaded the whole DT series. Is it as good as advertised?

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It's the theater of the absurd on TGG and free agency hasn't even started yet. Sign Byrd and Verner? Absurd to spend that kind of money on the secondary. The Jets got burned in the Revis deal? Really? Trading the human hold out coming off a serious injury when he would be a free agent tomorrow for the best player in the 2013 draft, plus another pick , plus saving all that cap money, plus ridding themselves of an annual headache while the Bucs got one year of an overpaid mediocre version of Revis? That trade will go down as one of the best in Jets history.

Bring Revis back????? Are you freaking kidding me? He is not worth half of what he will want, and if he doesn't get a long term deal for huge bucks, he will hold out or be on the move again next year. He will not be back in green and white. And that is a good thing. Get over it.

9. Jets4eva9011

For what it's worth:

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP: Former Jets exec @AriNissim says he hears the Eagles, Raiders, Browns and Jets are all going to pursue Darrelle Revis.

10. nyjetsmets89

The first four books are so good...especially the fourth which was my favorite. Books 5-7 get a little weird as King revisited them after ten years and after he had his near-death experience getting hit by that car. But definitely worth reading them...those stories and IT were my favorite by him.

11. Falco21

This would be so fuckin epic. Get Revis back and a first and forth rounder to boot. Omg!!

12. nyjetsmets89

If true, it really shows that this is just a business. I think it's personal with Revis though and he would demand more from the Jets than any other team.

13. Jets4eva9011

I actually think Revis would take slightly less to come back to the Jets (mainly cause of Rex Ryan and the defense). At some point, you have to think even Revis will want to settle down. My thinking may be insane knowing Revis's history, but sometimes when a guy gets older, he wises up.

14. Jets4eva9011

IT sounds very interesting, going to download that one. Is the film just as good?

15. Falco21

Is free agency here yet. Holy shit!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

16. Jets4eva9011

I posted this in another thread, but I can't see Revis going to the Eagles. Don't they still play cover 2? I'm pretty confident Revis will rule out cover 2 teams unless they offer him some crazy amount of money (and even then, who knows, he may really hate the cover 2 system enough that no amount of money will matter).

Browns have to deal with Joe Haden, so they may not want to pay Revis 10-12 mil on top of what Haden will cost.

Between those teams (if it's really those teams), Raiders and the Jets have the best shot.

17. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Browns Head Coach Mike Pettine says hi.

18. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't know why but I see Revis back I just don't know what else to say. I just see it happening.

19. Jets4eva9011

Pettine (plus, I don't think he cares about Pettine as much as he does Rex) can say hi all he wants, you really think the Browns will invest into Revis considering they have Haden to worry about?

20. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

I would love to see him retire a jets but it wont happen. The FO didn't let things end well with him. Weather it i was because he pissed woody off that much or Idzik just didn't care enough,

Either way after the things revis said i highly doubt he would come back here. All though i can see his agent dragging us out long enough to miss out on others.