2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. John

John Active Member

This is misunderstood jets with revis were really only team that put revis on everyones number 1 ... sherman does not play every teams number 1 wideout.... by the way verner is very young and played for titians thats why hes not well known

2. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

PEr Roto world: FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports the Bucs are "stepping up [their] efforts" to trade Darrelle Revis.

Looks like we're going to say goodbye to that third round pick.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL

You bring in these "ignorance" quotes for what? I'm ignorant because I feel he is top 5? You say you don't care about convincing me, then why are you posting with a link to show me why he is not?

This forum has become ridiculous. I made a post based on a personal opinion. You try and convince me otherwise and call me ignorant and that you don't care to convince me. Then let it be lol

4. John

John Active Member

5. John

John Active Member

tomorrow at 4 will tell all guys im so excited

6. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

That's fair. You're right it is difficult to judge corners as there aren't many accurate metrics. My only point is that he is not that much better than Davis. They just excel at different things, Davis in press coverage and Verner in undercutting routes for picks. This depends on what Rex wants out of his corners. In any case I would not want to see either of these guys averaging $10M a year on the Jets as Sam Shields just got. At about $7M a year then I'd be very happy with the move for Verner or Davis.

7. Falco21

I can agree with this, although I do think overall Verner is a much better corner. That could be because of his turnovers. Which I think we really need.

$10 million a year might be too much, I agree.

8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Well you're ignorant because anyone who has enough knowledge about cornerbacks in the NFL knows Verner isn't top 5. I mean he wasn't even the starter on his own tea....oh forget it, is it 4 o'clock yet?

9. Falco21

I guess I'm ignorant. So be it man.

If that makes you feel better to call me ignorant than I'll take it. I'm not here to argue or fight. I didn't direct my opinion on you nor did I on anyone in specific.

I'm also not here to name call or undermine people.

10. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

It does make me feel better, thank you.

11. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i like / want verner.. but i don't think he was even the best corner on his team… that being said.. he's only 25 and has a lot of upside..

12. Falco21

Well good.

Honestly I'm happy as hell to start free agency tomorrow. Let's keep that as the focus lol

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

What's that you guys were saying about Davis resigning with the Colts?:rolleyes:

14. Falco21

LOL

It is weird. Some articles are saying his deal will be done with Colts by 4 tomorrow but then some are saying it's not Indy. I have no clue lol

15. NYJalltheway

Well I believe at 4pm tomorrow that 4th turns into a 3rd if he is still with them. So they don't have much time.

16. Falco21

Manish Mehta
    Feeling is Jets are fairly confident/secure in landing 1 particular CB. Cutting Cromartie without offering reduced rate option supports that

17. NYJalltheway

I just used common knowledge of us maybe having a deal with a cb already, combined with hearing vontae may already have a deal elsewhere, so i put 2 and 2 together, and sure enough, a few hours later the reports are coming out lol

18. Falco21

It's funny how we are all so caught up in this corner situation lol

I have a feeling tomorrow we are gonna see some big signings on this team. Not just at corner.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Verner isn't "ten times better" a matter of fact Verner has played mostly in a zone d which if he came over I think he has the ball skills to be a good corner in this system but still he's coming from playing mostly zone... Davis is rated as a top 3 cover guy by PFF and has played mostly in a man defense and had one of the best rated game for a corner this year and that was against the broncos of all teams, which is a great stat. Either guy would be a big upgrade but ATV isn't a lot better, Davis might actually be the better fit here to be honest.

20. NYJalltheway

I hope so. I just feel like we won't sign anyone haha. I guess it's just what I'm used to from us on day 1 of free agency.

Actually, just a few days ago I said I was worried about the CB situation, and everyone was like nah nah we're great there. Well now, here we're all crossing our fingers that we don't get screwed tomorrow. We never seem to get the aces in free agency.