2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

10 times? Take it down a notch, you're a little too high on Verner. Vontae may actually be the better man to man corner. He's certainly much more physical, and physically gifted.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I completely disagree. Verner is a top five corner in this league right now. He is THAT much better than Davis

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Tomorrow, tomorrow ....by 4 PM our dreams might start coming true.

Is it Davis or Verner? Or does Idzik have some cleaver, unexpected moves up its sleeve, something we have not even discussed yet? Are we steeling the Pats CB while they are playing footsie with Verner?
    Could TJ Ward be in the works, or are we seeking Miami's or Buffalo's finest while they over spend elsewhere?

A surprised OT? Is a running back popping up out of nowhere to give us a 4 headed monster? Or perhaps the OG we desperately need for stability?

Only the wizard Idzik knows. Only our very own WIdzik. In the GM we trust.

Tomorrow can not come soon enough.

4. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Well this is just ridiculous. Cromartie was a bottom five corner last year and there isn't much reason to believe he'll get back to form after his chronic hip condition. Davis would certainly be an improvement. I really don't understand the Verner love and the Davis hate. Verner is a very one dimensional corner, he relies on a certain system and excels in playing off the receiver. What about Verner is that much better than Davis? Further more what about either of these corners garner paying over 10M a year.

5. Falco21

FACK!!!!!!

Tomorrow needs to come like now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Idzik is most certainly having conversations with both Verner's and Davis' agents.

If you see a really hot chick at a party, the best way to end up in bed with her is to act you really don't care all that much and make sure she sees you talking to some other bitch.

This is one of the tricks Idzik had to learn early in life b/c he sure wasn't getting laid based on looks.

7. jetsclaps

Stop it now. Read this http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-tennessee-titans-free-agent-alterraun-verner.

Verner is a good CB, no doubt. However he played mostly in zone, when Rex primarily plays man. Sometimes he would drop inot the safety position as the other CB's ran man to man. He also would primarily cover the second best receiver with McCourty taking the number 1.

Like I said, he's good, but you sound like you are high calling him a top five corner.

8. Falco21

He's a top 5 corner

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

bleacher report?

10. jetsclaps

O..........k

11. Falco21

You can't convince me otherwise quoting Bleacher Report lmao

12. jetsclaps

BR is hit or miss (probably more miss than hit) but there's an insane level of time and research put into that article. Def worth a read if you're bored and into breaking down a CBs play.

13. plasticsloth

Some perspective on why you think that would be far more helpful than simply making the statement. Perhaps he was top 10. But certainly not top five and should not be paid that way. Him and Davis are not very far apart and one should not be disappointed with the Jets signing Davis while being ecstatic with them getting Verner.

14. John

John Active Member

you are right Verner is a top 5 corner in the league. Only people i see better than him are Sherman,Haden,Peterson(i think hes still overrated), Revis(?) and Verner

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Corner market continues to constrict - the Colts nearing a deal with Vontae Davis. Every expectation it will get done Monday

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 10, 2014

16. Falco21

It's just a personal opinion my man.

There's no true way to put a scale on a defensive player other than the obvious interceptions, sacks, etc. Too many variables involved to skew the numbers.

I think he's a top five corner in this league.

17. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

If this is the case - and I know virtually nothing about Verner - why wasn't he the #1 CB on his own team? He played the entire season against 2nd and 3rd wideouts.

18. plasticsloth

Here's a quick breakdown of Verner among other FA's.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/k...n-alterraun-verner-t-j-ward-and-randy-starks/

He makes good points. Essentially that Verner can excel and be a very good corner but it depends on how he's used. This all depends on how Rex wants to have his corners play. If the Jets get Verner I see them transitioning away from the island coverage that was so prevalent with Cro and Revis

19. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Even though Davis is good in man to man, the interview he gave after beating the Broncos consisted of him saying they prepared for Tom Brady all week. Where's this guy's head at?

20. jetsclaps

So basically it's your "gut instinct" that he's top 5? If you actually looked at how he played last year you might change your mind.

Charles Darwin was right though, "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."