Santonio Holmes Released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by zombo, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I correctly noted I am far more intelligent than you because YOU accused me of being stupid. YOU raised the subject, not me. Then you blame me for responding.

I can assure you I have no insecurities whatsoever, and in fact feel I must be sure to appear reasonably humble here. You can stop worrying on my account in that regard.

I also correctly comprehended you did not cite a single bit of persuasive evidence to back up your baseless position.

Nor will you going forward. Instead we are likely to see nothing more than ad hominem attacks. Your manner of posting is obvious for all to see.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^triple post bro ;)

Ajitator likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Just checking man, to me looking at your posts it appears you do have some insecurities. you say you are more intelligent, yet you lack the common sense to look at a few posts early in this topic obviously displaying proof that Holmes is indeed a malcontent asshole that should be cut and removed from this team.

I won't worry about you anymore good ol blocker, I just hope to God (or again Orton) that you find that common sense you lost many years ago.

4. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

The really funny part is that multiple other people have cited examples and links which everyone else understands. However, BigBlocker has all the people who use reason, logic, and sources/ examples on ignore so he doesn't see them.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I repeat myself when under stress

Tballlz63 likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I know it has been posted but can someone post when Holmes his money and or cap hit kick in ? What's the date is it march 13 th or there about ?

7. Big Blocker

Hm. I seem to have had some computer issues. Oh well.

8. Big Blocker

Common sense is no substitute for real evidence.

The point, if you cared to listen to any other than your confirmed, heartfelt, and totally wrong opinion, is not whether Holmes is an asshole. The point is whether he is a detriment to the team, a bad influence or disruptive presence. You have no evidence of those things.

And your failure to post any reference to any while continuing your personal attacks on me is evident you are merely a Holmes Hater troll here.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's all exaggerations and silly slanderous one liners when it comes to the Holmes haters. The simple truth of the matter is that they are REALLY mad bro.

OH NO! He called out the oline when their play was abysmal! OH NO! He hates losing and it frustrates him to play with bad QBs and porous olines. OH NO! He had ONE GAME where he got into an argument in the huddle. OH NO! He threw the ball away on a play where he got injured and should have been ruled down. That damned Barcs is always right so I HATE HIM TOO!!!!!

Seriously people. If Holmes was really a "cancer", the team would continue to get worse while he was still there. This hasn't been the case. In 2010, we improved substantially. In 2011, we were right there until the end, and it was no surprise that in 2012 (the one year without him), we did worse than any other year he was here. In 2013 we improved from that when he returned, despite not even being 100%. The arguments that Holmes is malcontent or that he divides the locker room have no merit whatsoever. The guy does more charity work than anyone else on the team. He is coming back from a major injury that ends careers. He spends substantial time working with the young WRs. He volunteered to take a pay cut to stay. If anyone else on the team says that they are a hero, but Holmes... He just wants the money and doesn't care about winning. But yeah, that Cotchery! What an awesome guy! He left because he didn't want to be a 3rd WR and then went to Pittsburgh and was their 3rd WR! What a total team first guy. And that Wayne Hunter was awesome! He didn't cost us ANY games at all in 2011. It was all Holmes! He made Sanchez throw 7 picks and fumble twice in 3 games with an average QB rating of 62.4.

[​IMG]

#229 Barcs, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    Ralebird likes this.
  10. Big Blocker

Come on. I guarantee you if he is cut and does not reach a deal with the Jets, another team will sign him for something more than the vet minimum, don't you think?

The specific numbers don' t interest me all that much.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

He's much more valuable than vet minimum. We gave Plaxico more than that coming straight out of prison. I'd say around 3 million guaranteed, with the potential to get to 7 mil depending on his production would be a fair deal and he'd easily get that on the market from another team.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Jets are not going to pay that.

And I'd be surprised if any other team will...

13. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

15. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Not surprising.

16. 101GangGreen101

Peace brah don't let the door hit you on the way out

17. 101GangGreen101

A blunt will be smoked in his honor tonight btw.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

In related news, ESPN reports Lance Moore is going to be released by the Saints.

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't think this is true yet.

Not one sports analyst has tweeted it or updated any sports app or news channel. I can't find it anywhere

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk