After year 2 how do you rank the QB's drafted in 2012?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by The 1985er, Feb 9, 2014.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Want to explain the bold more? Yeah the up tempo is the most obvious difference but there were many more nuances he added and the wide variety of plays that aren't your typical NFL offense. It eventually breaks down, like all offenses, to basic NFL concepts but everything leading up to it is not your typical NFL offense and you discrediting some great things Kelly and the Eagles O did. If you have time, you should take a look at the NFL All 22 tape for the Eagles offense. Again it breaks down to simple concepts like ALL nfl offenses, but it doesn't start like that

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Its simple concepts with brilliant play selection, but the plays themselves never blew me away. It was routes I have seen before, and good passes in the pocket for the most part.

Executing plays in the NFL is no give-me no matter how good the play is.

3. displacedfan

But that's all NFL offenses. IF you break it down to the bare minimum, yeah they're basically the same. If it was that easy, how come every offense wasn't it lighting it up? How come the Jets don't just pick up the Kelly offense that's "typical NFL offense"?

That's the whole point, you break it down all simple, then yes. But the way the Eagles set up the routes, set up the holes on the run, and consistently added twists to their packaged plays was mostly Chip taking his offense and making it match the skills of the Eagles players. Remember, Vick is much much more mobile than Foles, yet the Eagles still managed to use the threat of Foles running to free up the offense. That was because of the way the plays were designed, which wasn't your typical NFL offense.

Everything boils down to simple concepts, to just throw out everything that leads to those concepts is silly in my opinion. It wasn't your typical NFL offense.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

So I guess no QB should never get credit, and all the credit should belong to the offense they play in? Does Brady deserve credit for what he achieved with Gronkowski and Hernandez? or does Bill O Brien get all the credit for creating that offense?

Foles was the one out there executing the plays, was he not?

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If it took 50+ years to create an offese that makes an average QB put up the MVP numbers like Foles did then shame on every coach in the history of the NFL.

Im sorry, if a QB is putting up MVP numbers its because he is playing at an MVP level, its not because he is in an offense that makes him look good. If this was true then I guess we can throw all of the QBs into that offense and they all would be putting up numbers like 27 Touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Personally I dont think there are many that would come close to putting up those numbers if they were placed in that offense, but thats just me, you must think otherwise, but I dont.

6. displacedfan

Was this reply meant for me? If so, that is not even close to what I wrote. My objection was you calling it not that different from a typical NFL offense.

I never mentioned about credit Foles should get. Go reread our recent back and forth, I have no clue what the above quoted has to do with it.

EDIT: I *think* what you did was create a straw man argument. I never really know how that phrase works, but I think it applies here. I took objection to you calling it not that different from a typical NFL offense. You then frame your post acting like I'm not giving credit to Foles which was not even close to what I was writing about

#66 displacedfan, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

O, I wasnt trying to start an arguement TBH, ill leave that to ahem...junc

8. displacedfan

I just was confused why you replied to me. I'm not trying to discredit Foles, I just thought you were discrediting the PHI offense.

9. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Agreed, I'd almost give RGIII an "incomplete" if this was a report card. In terms of raw talent he's higher on the list, but how things play out the next couple of seasons will have a huge part in shaping his career.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hey- where you been buddy? When exactly is "due time"?

LOL.

_

11. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lmao. Nice bump

12. JStokes

Was going to bump a few weeks ago but I couldn't remember the thread.

Jackass hasn't been around in a while.

Am looking for another thread to bump where some ahole was arguing that Tannehill wasn't improving and in fact sucks.

You may, in fact, have your QB. Nice game Sunday.

_

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Hahaha you talking about me? Because I was saying that lol. I may have jumped ship on him too soon

14. JStokes

No, another ahole :D

_

15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

1) Luck
    Everyone else.

Jetfan76 and Br4d like this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

And this is how it was when the first post in the thread happened. With Luck everything adds up to best of 2012. He not only has the wins and the stats but he passes the eye test convincingly and has won in the playoffs, something that took Peyton Manning 5 years to accomplish.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's ridiculously good. He's one of the few star players who, so far, has actually lived up to his hype.

18. AlexSmith

AlexSmith New Member

Same, maybe Tannehill above Foles, Weeden at the end. Wilson is difficult to rate because the offense isn't based around him as much as Lynch. Luck throws the most passes, Wilson the fewest. But he usually get's the job done